Star Wars: The old Republic!

Started by Recreas, 13-12-2011

Recreas

In about 3 hours SWTOR will be released to all those that pre-orderd (Which you could still do like up till a week ago.)
And I'm wondering if more of you people are going to play it, I know that I will!
Next to that should we make an HGN guild in the game? I'd say yes if we have enough of you peeps playing it.
Also let me know if you're going Imperial or Republican (Guild split-up O_o)

May the force be with you,
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Gonztah

I would but seriously I hate monthly fees that go over 10 euros.

KingArthur

lolKieck

WOW, World of Warcraft with fully voiced dialogues!
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: lolKieck on 13-12-2011

Recreas

Star Wars theme'd .. that says enough!
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Paintcheck

Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 13-12-2011
Quote from: lolKieck on 13-12-2011

SW themed does not excuse $15/month and shitty MMO-style combat. If it had RP servers I would consider it but not for $15/month

Blaze232

If it isn't subscription only, I'll def be playing it.

Paintcheck

It is subscription-only. That's why I'm not playing it.

Gonztah

Yeah the same reason I wont be playing it.

Madcombat

To make a change to the reactions of everyone in this thread, I'll be getting it simply because I want to know what happened to Reven and the Exile, it seems the Exile has been left out big time in it by Bioware but I've got a feeling they will include her somewhere among the lines of the story.  And who could care about the combat?  Its the same as the other games so I don't see how its "Warcraft styled", its old republic styled.

This game hopefully will be great simply because of its ability to tell an story and Bioware strive as doing that, who gives a crap about the subscription system, alot of MMO's do it to make profit and maintain a server.  And hell why would subscribing stop you from playing?  Wait for a private server to appear or something and enjoy the buggy content! :3

Heres somthing this game has that WoW doesnt have.

Better non ruined story.
A new approch to starship combat (Track based but its a start)
Star Wars Themed
Fully voiced.
Your own personal shop.
Cant find a player based party?  Use companion NPCs!

Paintcheck

"Who cares about combat sucking?"

Are you kidding me? If I am shelling out $15/month for a game ON TOP OF a $50 retail cost it better be the greatest fucking game ever produced. Yes it uses the same style of combat other MMO games does, that does not mean it's good. I hated the combat in Guild Wars too. That style is shitty.

Might play on a private server if it ever happens but not every MMO gets private servers. Some are just impossible to run privately (ie Eve Online).

"Who gives a crap about subscriptions?"

Uh everyone in this thread who thinks paying $230 for a year of gameplay is ridiculous. ($50 game cost + 12 months @ $15/month). If that doesn't bother you, good for you but saying "That argument is stupid" is....stupid.

Madcombat

Quote from: Paintcheck on 13-12-2011
"Who cares about combat sucking?"

Are you kidding me? If I am shelling out $15/month for a game ON TOP OF a $50 retail cost it better be the greatest fucking game ever produced. Yes it uses the same style of combat other MMO games does, that does not mean it's good. I hated the combat in Guild Wars too. That style is shitty.

Might play on a private server if it ever happens but not every MMO gets private servers. Some are just impossible to run privately (ie Eve Online).

"Who gives a crap about subscriptions?"

Uh everyone in this thread who thinks paying $230 for a year of gameplay is ridiculous. ($50 game cost + 12 months @ $15/month). If that doesn't bother you, good for you but saying "That argument is stupid" is....stupid.

If you cant fork out the money to buy the subscription then why even bother talking about it, hell go try the private servers when they arise.

The old republic is about story so combat and gameplay are just a bonus to me.

Recreas

I totally agree with the subscription fee's, thats why I don't play WoW, it's as much fun as a game of monopoly but with a monthly fee...
It's just that I'm quite the Star Wars fanatic and I love to follow the whole story, next to Madcombat is totally right.
The story in the game is quite amazing if you also liked the two KOTOR's.

Also, I wanted this thread to talk about an In-game clan and to see if more people were going to get this.
I didn't have any intention to make this a discussion thread.. so could you please continue your discusion on SF or make a special thread for it!

Madcombat

Quote from: Recreas on 14-12-2011
I totally agree with the subscription fee's, thats why I don't play WoW, it's as much fun as a game of monopoly but with a monthly fee...
It's just that I'm quite the Star Wars fanatic and I love to follow the whole story, next to Madcombat is totally right.
The story in the game is quite amazing if you also liked the two KOTOR's.

Also, I wanted this thread to talk about an In-game clan and to see if more people were going to get this.
I didn't have any intention to make this a discussion thread.. so could you please continue your discusion on SF or make a special thread for it!

Thats exactly why I tried to make a change from the "Dun want it, not buying".  I believe we already set up a clan/guild a while back, as for me.  When I rack up enough dosh I'll be purchasing the game, hopefully for christmas. 
(Also before you ask, its a Sith guild, all classes invited)

jaik

don't shut someone up just because they shared their opinion on this game while the thread is dedicated to the game itself.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Recreas

Quote from: Jake on 14-12-2011
don't shut someone up just because they shared their opinion on this game while the thread is dedicated to the game itself.

I never said shut up, I only asked if they could please discuss this somewhere else, I never demanded them to O_O.

Madcombat

I never said shut up, I only asked if they could please discuss this somewhere else, I never demanded them to O_O.
To be fair, there really is no opinion.

1. I am sure theres been tweeks since the Beta test.
2. Im sorry, if this store doesnt suit your price range I am sure there are more in the presidium that will suit your price range. (Thread is mostly about Price Range)
3. I'm pretty sure atleast 90% of people in this thread have not even played the Beta itself.

Saying that, how can you truely share a opinion on a game if you have not even played it? Thats like me saying "Mass Effect is shit because I cant afford it." All you can really do is orginise a Guild or event we might do which is what Recreas I believe wants to do.  And about the price range, I am sure theres a year deal much like WoW has.

jaik

i wasn't even talking to you
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Paintcheck

I actually was in the last beta test. There is no way the game will be changed substantially from what it was a few weeks ago this close to launch.

Shit sucks man. No story can justify shitty gameplay and outrageous cost. I love Bioware games, KotoR and the ME series (especially ME1) are both high on my list of "best games ever".

Recreas

Quote from: Madcombat on 14-12-2011

2. Im sorry, if this store doesnt suit your price range I am sure there are more in the presidium that will suit your price range. (Thread is mostly about Price Range)
3. I'm pretty sure atleast 90% of people in this thread have not even played the Beta itself.

Saying that, how can you truely share a opinion on a game if you have not even played it? Thats like me saying "Mass Effect is shit because I cant afford it." All you can really do is orginise a Guild or event we might do which is what Recreas I believe wants to do.  And about the price range, I am sure theres a year deal much like WoW has.

So, what world are you on Mad? I'm currently inhabiting Frostclaw - Europe with Ares and most likely Doomburger...

Ragolution

Quote from: Madcombat on 13-12-2011
Heres somthing this game has that WoW doesnt have.

Better non ruined story.
A new approch to combat
Fully voiced.
Your own personal shop.
Cant find a player based party?  Use companion NPCs!

Guild Wars Guild Wars Guild Wars Guild Wars Guild Wars Guild Wars Guild Wars Guild Wars Guild Wars Guild Wars

Madcombat

Quote from: Madcombat on 14-12-2011

So, what world are you on Mad? I'm currently inhabiting Frostclaw - Europe with Ares and most likely Doomburger...

I'll be on that realm hopefully at the end of this year, as I've said I still need to purchase it which I will.

Paintcheck

IronDeity, Zombiehunta and me are all on Shien.

They were the ones who made me buy it. It actually has improved since Beta, mostly because there aren't 913581309513089513 players in the starting area due to being beta testers which cuts down on the lag significantly and makes it actually playable. Still costs too much and the combat is still somewhat annoying but Shien is an RP server and Star Wars RP is fun.

But I would have never bought it had I not found a $100 Best Buy gift card at the bottom off my desk drawer.

Pink!

I play on Lord Adraas.

I'll also say that as a long-time MMO gal, this is possibly one of the best I've ever played. I particularly adore the Bounty Hunter.

For various reasons, I'm not at HGN much any more.
I'll see you all around, though, some time...