GTA IV or SA:MP?

Started by SGT-Spartans, 10-05-2012

SGT-Spartans

Arguably one of the best PC free roaming multiplayer games ever made, the GTA series is awesome, with GTA 4  being fun as hell to mess around on with friends.

On top of that, SA:MP is also really awesome, adding multiplayer to San Andreas, and tons of other functions. I was wondering if anyone else at HGN had either of these games out there? It'd be awesome just ride around, messing with people, or atleast have more than 3 people on, as you can only find 1-4 people now-a-days. And on top of that, they are usually using trainers.

So, anyone up for playing it?
SRP chars:
Vasilli 'Vasoline' Nikolaev - Freedom - Alive
Aleksey Ipanov - Spooky Trenchcoat Man - Alive
'Pale' - Bloodsucker - Alive

Frostee

SA:MP is only free if you actually have SA.

Ragolution

SGT-Spartans

Saints Row 3 kinda failed in the multiplayer aspect. Horribly.
SRP chars:
Vasilli 'Vasoline' Nikolaev - Freedom - Alive
Aleksey Ipanov - Spooky Trenchcoat Man - Alive
'Pale' - Bloodsucker - Alive

Ragolution

Quote from: SGT-Spartans on 10-05-2012

Did I say 3? No. Play SR2.

meetdadoom

Quote from: Ragolution on 10-05-2012

Did I say 3? No. Play SR2.

3, although wasn't bad, I wouldn't consider a gang game. Sc2 on the other hand is awesome and with co-op= infinite fun.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Silver Knight

Arguably one of the best PC free roaming multiplayer games ever made, the GTA series is awesome, with GTA 4  being fun as hell to mess around on with friends.

On top of that, SA:MP is also really awesome, adding multiplayer to San Andreas, and tons of other functions. I was wondering if anyone else at HGN had either of these games out there? It'd be awesome just ride around, messing with people, or atleast have more than 3 people on, as you can only find 1-4 people now-a-days. And on top of that, they are usually using trainers.

So, anyone up for playing it?

HGN used to run a SAMP rp server before we went into gmod.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Ket

inb4 SA RP

GTA IV is helluva fun with friends, especially with a basic spawning mod. Good times..
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

Silver Knight

Quote from: KetChuup on 10-05-2012
inb4 SA RP

GTA IV is helluva fun with friends, especially with a basic spawning mod. Good times..

Still hoping and waiting for GTA4:MP. The current multiplayer is just a bunch of minigames. If it was like SAMP it would really kickoff but like people have said time and time again, GTA4 is a unoptimised pile of doo doo and will have less impact because newkids think the multiplayer you get with the game is as good as it gets.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Last.Exile on 10-05-2012
Quote from: KetChuup on 10-05-2012
inb4 SA RP

Still hoping and waiting for GTA4:MP. The current multiplayer is just a bunch of minigames. If it was like SAMP it would really kickoff but like people have said time and time again, GTA4 is a unoptimised pile of doo doo and will have less impact because newkids think the multiplayer you get with the game is as good as it gets.

This.
I would like to see Gta IV rp mods, like you know those old servers for sa-mp with real life mod's, like farm money trough a job, rp a bit have fun etc.

The mp should be way more customisable like in sa-mp.

Abneto

So in short terms:

Want to RP? SA:MP.

Want to shoot the fuck out of everyone and just have lolz? GTA IV.

Khorn

Even though this thread was on the verge of death.

I suggest SA:MP. You get tow trucks that work. Enough said.