EVE Online

Started by Dug, 22-05-2011

Dug

Anyone playing it? I'm looking for some buddies to play with.

Chrono

i played it and stopped since leveling any skill from 4 > 5 takes like one month+

meetdadoom

I am trying out the 14 day trail. I like it so far.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Recreas

I tried it but it's just not worth all the money to be honest.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Ragolution

Quote from: Recreas on 27-05-2011

Yep.

I don't play it enough to make it worth it.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Recreas on 27-05-2011

This. If it wasn't $15/mo to play I'd probably play it.

KingArthur

Well i have a friend who played for 3 month and now has enoguh money to buy 'plex' which is a in game item that gives you a month. They cost 375 mil...

lolKieck

Quote from: KingArthur on 27-05-2011
Well i have a friend who played for 3 month and now has enoguh money to buy 'plex' which is a in game item that gives you a month. They cost 375 mil...
Yeah, be good, and you can buy months with isks. That's what my bro used to do.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Shrapnel

This is expected.. The game is meant for an older age group or for people who have patience. Personally i think EVE Online advertizements should make it look less attractive to kids. The look at the Ad and jump around saying they want to go blow space ships up, but that is not really what the game is like and they say the game sucks because it "takes to long to train mommy!" Its meant to be that way so you don't have a bunch of immature kids playing a serious and strategic game.

I play EVE Online and have two accounts for it. Im currently on a 114 Day training cycle and im not complaining. Im in a Nullsec Alliance that participating in the Alliance Tournament IX this weekend.

If you don't like the game only for the sole fact that skill training takes longer than leveling up in World of Warcraft, please don't hate the game for it.
In the event that i say something that falls under the following list:

Insulting, Irritating, Irrational, Confusing, Racist, Useless, or Incorrect

Please remember that i do double-check my post and mean everything i say unless said otherwise in the post itself.

lolKieck

Quote from: Shrapnel on 28-05-2011
This is expected.. The game is meant for an older age group or for people who have patience. Personally i think EVE Online advertizements should make it look less attractive to kids. The look at the Ad and jump around saying they want to go blow space ships up, but that is not really what the game is like and they say the game sucks because it "takes to long to train mommy!" Its meant to be that way so you don't have a bunch of immature kids playing a serious and strategic game.

I play EVE Online and have two accounts for it. Im currently on a 114 Day training cycle and im not complaining. Im in a Nullsec Alliance that participating in the Alliance Tournament IX this weekend.

If you don't like the game only for the sole fact that skill training takes longer than leveling up in World of Warcraft, please don't hate the game for it.
EVE is not like it was at the start, where did few-hour lags and unpopulated sectors go ?
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Ragolution

Quote from: Shrapnel on 28-05-2011

Did I say I didn't like EVE? Not at all.
I love to play EVE.
I love the PVP, the mining, the missions, the whole scene.

I just don't feel like I'm getting my money's worth.

Also, you basically just said "You need to be old to have fun waiting." which makes little sense.
I'm not being as hostile as you might interpret, but your post has an holier-than-thou air to it.

When I stopped playing EVE I had just gotten my Covetor and had recently finished training up the Exhumer's skill. I had lots of skills on my character sheet. Let me find my API.

Nvm here's just my EVEmon export from the last update.
http://www.2shared.com/document/_OQTYpy8/Kiron_Misali.html

So, please don't assume people are just impatient, especially since assumptions are how most fights are started.

Shrapnel

I didn't say you need to be old to have fun with EVE, i am saying the game is more focused on a mature player-base. And if i may make this connection, most kids don't have a very long attention span, making EVE less enjoyable for them because they have to wait for skills to train unlike World of Warcraft where your actively training having to attack NPCs to gain Exp. EVE has a Passive Training system were you set a queue and walk away. Or set a queue and mine/mission run for money to support your next ship or item that your training for. 

The two MMOs are completely different in every way. (other than they are MMO) And that was CCPs main goal. To be different from the rest of the baseline Active Training/Leveling system. And to top it all off, its one big serer instead of multiple set to different purposes like a server for PvE and one for PvP and another for Role-play.

My point in posting was to address post #2 that states he quit because training a skill from 4 to 5 takes to long. CCP purposefully made skill training take longer because it extends gameplay, and acts as a repellent to immature players who just want to get in the game and attack people with the best ship/items. A classic term i like to use for this is "I don't want to wait a month to shoot him mommy!"

In the event that i say something that falls under the following list:

Insulting, Irritating, Irrational, Confusing, Racist, Useless, or Incorrect

Please remember that i do double-check my post and mean everything i say unless said otherwise in the post itself.

Ragolution

Quote from: Shrapnel on 28-05-2011And to top it all off, its one big serer instead of multiple set to different purposes like a server for PvE and one for PvP and another for Role-play.

MFW on 1 server can't find anyone.

Other than that, yeah. the 4-5 skill training sucks but it's always worth it.
And still you maintain your 'holier-than-thou' attitude.
I think it's the sheer fact that you're using mocking statements to make a point.

I would say it was a bad buisness model if I didn't enjoy the fact that EVE maintains a low level of 12-year-olds and other unwanted nuisances.

Paintcheck

Well in a GAME I don't want to have to wait 2 months (and $30 real dollars on top of purchasing Eve itself for...however much Eve retails for) to start having fun. That's why I hate MMOs, the whole point of an mmo is to hook someone with the promise of rewards so they keep paying $15/mo but having to wait 3+ months before you can do anything fun is just retarded.

That's also why most Gmod servers fail: because they make it so hard for new players to do anything at all that they get bored and leave (a la TnB, HGN's FO like 2 months ago, etc). Yes it's probably a great game once you've leveled up and shit. But I'm not paying $15/mo to get ganked nonstop for 3 months until I can afford something fun. That's just stupid.

Ragolution

Quote from: Paintcheck on 28-05-2011
Well in a GAME I don't want to have to wait 2 months (and $30 real dollars on top of purchasing Eve itself for...however much Eve retails for) to start having fun. That's why I hate MMOs, the whole point of an mmo is to hook someone with the promise of rewards so they keep paying $15/mo but having to wait 3+ months before you can do anything fun is just retarded.

That's also why most Gmod servers fail: because they make it so hard for new players to do anything at all that they get bored and leave (a la TnB, HGN's FO like 2 months ago, etc). Yes it's probably a great game once you've leveled up and shit. But I'm not paying $15/mo to get ganked nonstop for 3 months until I can afford something fun. That's just stupid.

I like mining in EVE, though. Hahah.

No, but I understand what you're saying, Painty, you are basically addressing the main reason I don't play EVE.

KingArthur

Well I have played for a week, bought 3 month, and been mining in Hi-sec for 100k a run in my Osprey... Boring but once I get my retriver i can participate in more 0 sec mining with my corp, due to them protecting me. :)

Ragolution

Quote from: KingArthur on 28-05-2011
Well I have played for a week, bought 3 month, and been mining in Hi-sec for 100k a run in my Osprey... Boring but once I get my retriver i can participate in more 0 sec mining with my corp, due to them protecting me. :)

Caldari?

God. Caldari sucks.

Easy mode.
Chosen Race of EVE.

Take your pick.

SGT-Spartans

Hey Dug ill play with you....When Dust 514 comes out. its like a cross platform game, where EVE players control space wars, and Dust 514 work as ground soldiers for the EVE Players. Google it up :D
SRP chars:
Vasilli 'Vasoline' Nikolaev - Freedom - Alive
Aleksey Ipanov - Spooky Trenchcoat Man - Alive
'Pale' - Bloodsucker - Alive

Paintcheck

1. Nice necropost
2. Dug is permabanned and can't read it.

engerius

I used to play this, but my corp leader joined the army and stopped coming on which killed our zero-sec corp's management which made it so we couldn't pay the alliance the monthly cost to be in it.

I played a gunship interceptor with about 400 dps and I had something like 13 mil sp and I pirated for about 100 mil every couple of hours of work all whilst my alliance and corp were praising me and confused as fuck at how a tiny little frigate could easily destroy pirate battleships with ease since that's just something that no one really thinks to do.

going 8+ km/s using a mwd is nothing but fun as fuck.

INA7HAN

My brothers going back to playing it with his mate hes got a bit of money but is going to send me a 21 day trial if i like it i may get it. They are currently trying to build a corporation with my bros mate already having a planet and searching for more.

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

lolKieck

I'll be up for grabs for HGN corporation if Dust 514 comes out. No wait, you're not European.