DayZ talk

Started by nKe, 02-07-2012

nKe

Share your DayZ stories, strategies, anything.
I made this thread because other dayZ thread is full of "Oh I hope I could get to play DayZ"

INA7HAN

Does anyone think DayZ would have been better if you spawned with random gear? So one time you could spawn with basic things and other times you could spawn with an AK or M16 etc? It would make starting out more fun and dieing less annoying as you have a chance of getting decent gear back.

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Ket

Starting with gear will give the Bandits a boner for the Coast. Spawnkilling everyone, that's why gear start was removed from the first place.

(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

jaik

Quote from: INA7HAN on 02-07-2012
Does anyone think DayZ would have been better if you spawned with random gear? So one time you could spawn with basic things and other times you could spawn with an AK or M16 etc? It would make starting out more fun and dieing less annoying as you have a chance of getting decent gear back.

Rule #1 - Don't get attached to your gear.

I hate how a zombie can break your bones + knock you out at 12000 blood.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

nKe

Quote from: Jake on 02-07-2012

They can knock you out with one hit only when you're under 9000 blood.

jaik

Quote from: Nik3 on 02-07-2012

try avoiding a zombie after you go prone with broken bones

nKe

Just shoot them with AKM like I did yesterday after KetChup got buttfucked by horde. God bless Brandon and his magical backpack full of morphine

jaik

Just shoot them with AKM like I did yesterday after KetChup got buttfucked by horde. God bless Brandon and his magical backpack full of morphine

that wouldn't happen to me unless i'm using the hatchet(which i do very often.)

Ket

Well it was all fun and games until someone decided it was a good idea to check a vilage *cough cough Brandon*

I got one 'shot' by zombies and died in an instance. Lost my Camo and Czech backpack full of food n drinks.

That's what I get for being black..
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

nKe

Quote from: Ket on 02-07-2012
Well it was all fun and games until someone decided it was a good idea to check a vilage *cough cough Brandon*

I got one 'shot' by zombies and died in an instance. Lost my Camo and Czech backpack full of food n drinks.

That's what I get for being black..

Well we were able to save your backpack and the supplies.

jaik

How to check the time you've survived?

nKe

How to check the time you've survived?
I think that's not possible anymore. Not sure though.

Oh and I just found ANOTHER AK74 with cobra sight. Got it in my backpack if someone needs.

jaik

Been surviving for quite a while now and died to some kid with a makarov, even though I put at least 15-20 bullets into him. Fucking cheaters ;/.

lolKieck

Been surviving for quite a while now and died to some kid with a makarov, even though I put at least 15-20 bullets into him. Fucking cheaters ;/.
I got killed twice in a matter of 15 minutes. Fucking bandits camping spawn.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

INA7HAN

Yh camping is a problem

nKe

I don't think camping is that big of a problem. Just get on a server with like 7 players on.

jaik

Alright well after a few stupid deaths this happened.
I spawned near Cherno and ran towards the docks to try and find a hatchet/basic gear like food. Found nothing but your average tin cans, empty bottles, etc. Moved on towards Cherno like anybody else would and came across nothing but scrap or junk. My character began getting hungry and thirsty while I couldn't scavenge anything except for an occasional bandage or ammo. After a few disconnects to avoid being eaten by zombies(still need to work on that lack of patience...) I finally reached outskirts of Cherno to only be chased by zombies. While I was searching for a building to enter and subsequently reconnect, I accidentally came upon some guy in prone and decided to lead all of the zombies to him. And guess what - It worked. The guy started to panic, as it seemed to me, since he was running around in circles until he realized what have I just caused. He ran towards the forest and I could still see him running from 2 zombies I stuck to him, after entering Cherno. My thirst was at critical level when I entered the fire station and now I was only searching for some kind of beverage to kill my thirst. And so started my frustrating search for a simple can of Coke. I went almost through every building in the city to only find car parts or junk. All spots that usually have some sort of good gear were only filled with scrap, even the military barracks, the city hall or the hospital. Literally nothing but shotgun shells or junk. I started to give up once my health began decreasing 20 Blood per second and headed towards the exit of the city, while searching any building I could, of course.
So I came upon this double barrel shotgun and some shells, and this gave me some hope, since then I had a chance to kill a player that would most likely be carrying food. Throughout my trip in Cherno, I was seeing players pretty much everywhere and sometimes even hoped to get shot, so that I could be relieved of this torture. I was planning my next move while picking up the shotgun I mentioned: Sprint towards the centre and at least die trying in combat(I suck at ArmA 2 and I'm always eager to learn). I was exiting the building as my eye caught a bright red can in the middle of a junk pile. COKE! I was never so relieved to see a can of coke(I usually had had about 3-4 beverages in my inventory). I instantly picked it up and drank it there: Change of plans - get the fuck out of the city ASAP. As I was about to enter the hospital, I saw some guy's corpse and went prone when I noticed a bandit approach it. He didn't notice me and I had one shot in my double barrel. I stood up and charged at him while he was looting the body to get an insta kill with my single slug shot. I went point blank and fired. Blood gushed out of his body, but it didn't seem to have any effect on him and deep down, I was pretty much waiting for him to turn around and shoot me. I never used a shotgun before in PvP(I'm a noob when it comes to ArmA) and if I tried to kill somebody in the past, they either disconnected before I could do that or simply disappeared(after 'x was killed' message printed.)
But nope. He fell down, next to his victim. At that point my heart was beating at an extreme pace, because I knew that everyone in Cherno just heard my gunfire. Looting the bodies seemed like a millennium for me. Below-average gear(as some would say, but hey, I'm still new and I liked what was just given to me.)
Screenshot of the gear:
All of it, I repeat, ALL OF IT was looted off the 2 corpses. I only had had an empty shotgun when I started looting.

Morals of the story:
- Don't get your hopes up for high-tier gear, you don't need it to have fun in Day Z.
- Appreciate what you already have.
- Don't write while alt-tabbed out of Day Z.

Tl;dr
I couldn't find anything and was dying out of thirst. Found 1 can of coke along with a shotgun while having critical stats. Killed 1 bandit with it and got gear.

nKe

Nice job Jake.
I found some decent stuff from deer stands lately.
Gave my Alic backpack to Brandon so now I have Ketchup's shitty Czech.

INA7HAN

Good job Jake that's what makes DayZ fun, the different situations the player can be thrown into be it lack of food water or simply what gun to loot from an army base. The mod doesn't hold the players hand and guide them it dumps you in and basically says "There you go survive". I had a AK with cobra sight once Nik3 it had no ammo and I died minutes after finding it in a fire station. Who keeps AK's and various other weapons in a fire station anyway?

lolKieck

Quote from: INA7HAN on 04-07-2012
Good job Jake that's what makes DayZ fun, the different situations the player can be thrown into be it lack of food water or simply what gun to loot from an army base. The mod doesn't hold the players hand and guide them it dumps you in and basically says "There you go survive". I had a AK with cobra sight once Nik3 it had no ammo and I died minutes after finding it in a fire station. Who keeps AK's and various other weapons in a fire station anyway?
I'm sure it was the military last bastion of defence, hence the military zombies walking around.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Ket

Same goes for the Deer Stands, you only see Military and Cop zombies around them.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

nKe

^Its the little things like that what makes the game fun.
Like having pilot zombies only around crashed heli sites.

Thank's to Kelse, I got my old stuff back. (I lost my old gear due weird glitch, I just spawned in middle of water and all my gear just dropped.)

Knife_cz

City of the Damned
DayZ looks interesting, and sometime..just watch the video.
I always find good videos, eh?

nKe

That was creepy lol

Ket

Ah yes, Killroy.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)