DayZ talk

Started by nKe, 02-07-2012

SGT-Spartans

We have one too.

Unrelated:

DayZ- More Than Just A Zombie Infection?
SRP chars:
Vasilli 'Vasoline' Nikolaev - Freedom - Alive
Aleksey Ipanov - Spooky Trenchcoat Man - Alive
'Pale' - Bloodsucker - Alive

Bl★ck Star

I still can't get my game to run.

jaik

Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

nKe

Spartans, you people play on a cracked server with like double or triple vehicle spawnrate.

SGT-Spartans

I was playing on Facepunch because I wait for my group to get on? They have double the rate for vehicles...Thats it.

EDIT: Oh the mountain dew? I can get a pic of it on a hive server...Ari has one in his pack.

SRP chars:

Barlow

Compared to us considering our server is only slightly out of date and that doesn't give any advantages at all.

Ket

Quote from: Barlow on 24-07-2012
Compared to us considering our server is only slightly out of date and that doesn't give any advantages at all.

And still found more vehicles than you facepunchers.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

lolKieck

A problem. Apparently Day Z servers do not recognize arma 2 addons (not @DayZ/Addons but rootfolder/Addons) and I can't connect because of that. Help?
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Barlow

Quote from: Ket on 24-07-2012
Quote from: Barlow on 24-07-2012

And still found more vehicles than you facepunchers.

:D

nKe

Quote from: lolKieck on 24-07-2012
A problem. Apparently Day Z servers do not recognize arma 2 addons (not @DayZ/Addons but rootfolder/Addons) and I can't connect because of that. Help?

Did you Copypaste AddOns folder from common/arma2
to common/arma2 Operation Arrowhead folder?

lolKieck

Quote from: Nik3 on 24-07-2012

I have ArmAX, retail version. It installs itself in the same folder so I do not have separate A2 and A2OA.

nKe

I have ArmAX, retail version. It installs itself in the same folder so I do not have separate A2 and A2OA.
There we go, that's the problem.

lolKieck

So ArmA retail version is fucked up because DayZ anti-cheat measure only works for the Steam version?

nKe

Sadly that might be it.

jaik

There was a thread on Day Z forums that has a fix for these anniversary versions of arma and what not.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Pawx

So ArmA retail version is fucked up because DayZ anti-cheat measure only works for the Steam version?

There was an Arma 2 Update, which fucks up your registry for Arma 2 IF you combined Arma 2 to Arma 2 OA.

You must reinstall arma 2, Check for cache data from both games, open both games, and it will work again.

Bl★ck Star

Got it fixed, just played for the first time, I literally have no plan what to do, I searched and searched and found no loot and I always got Zombies running behind me or get shot by lolbandits lol.

lolKieck

Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 25-07-2012
Got it fixed, just played for the first time, I literally have no plan what to do, I searched and searched and found no loot and I always got Zombies running behind me or get shot by lolbandits lol.
Essence of the game bro. Just go to Chernogorsk if you start. There's no point in scavving out shacks if you don't even have an axe to use.

Knife_cz

So I was like..running.
Enjoying the nature. Hunting animals in forest.
But then I see.. my character is thirsty. So I go to the nearest lake..

So I filled my bottle with water, and continued on. But then again. I see something strange. A Tractor.

I looted the Tractor, found three magazines for my M16. I left the Tractor alone.
So I grabbed my map, looking where to go next - Berezino? Why not. I see the way is around the lake once more..

Then I noticed something, again.
AWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAH.
(Incase you can't tell - these are tents. 7 of them. Plenty of loot :P)

Ket

GG Knife. Me, Gonztah and Lucky Pig played or like 2 days to get 3 tents running up in a nice cozy spot. Raided all military camps around.

Finnaly, tonight we raided the airfield. I climbed ontop of the tower with a M4A1 CCO, while Piggy and Gonztah we're checking the hangars.

I notice two guys moving away from the firstation, I take some shots and manage to get one, while the other disconected.

Lucky Pig goes to loot him, and baaaamn! That fucker logs in, shoots Piggy dead and disconnects again. What a fucking dick.
Meanwhile, fricking zombies managed to get on the tower and I could't kill them cause the ladder was made out of invisible elf armor and I died.

I respawned, took a hatchet and cleaved my way to the airfield. I get the gear back and I see the 2 fuckers back up again, in the firestation.

Time for a grenade! I thow one and it lands inside the firestation tower and get one, the nade glitched and I could throw it like 7 times lol.

I spend like 30 minutes waiting for the other to go out but he was holding tight, all that precious gear. I sneak in behind, he didn't notice.

Then there it was, revenge served cold. I take out my hatchet and murder him while doing Caw of Duudy Zig Zags. We both died, but I got revenge.

Commissar Nitro would be proud.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

nKe

Me, Dark Scar and Barlow had quite a funny beanbandit event yesterday.
The rules are:

-Kill everyone
-Don't leave Elektro
-Get beans.

We currently have total about 20 murders and acquired 2 AKM's, M4A1 and all possible tools.

SGT-Spartans

10:38 AM - |CNN-Dir| SGT-Spartans: well choose, does the m14 have aimpoint?
10:38 AM - |CNN-Dir| SGT-Spartans: a sight/scope?
10:38 AM - |CNN-Dir| SGT-Spartans: Take the m14
10:38 AM - The Mang: No
10:38 AM - |CNN-Dir| SGT-Spartans: well
10:38 AM - The Mang: Alright let me go back and look for it. I left because someone was taking shots at me from somewhere
10:39 AM - |CNN-Dir| SGT-Spartans: o
10:39 AM - |CNN-Dir| SGT-Spartans: leave
10:39 AM - |CNN-Dir| SGT-Spartans: take the m16
10:39 AM - |CNN-Dir| SGT-Spartans: and leave
10:39 AM - |CNN-Dir| SGT-Spartans: be happy with what you have
10:39 AM - |CNN-Dir| SGT-Spartans: and run like hell
10:39 AM - |CNN-Dir| SGT-Spartans: you will die if you go back
10:39 AM - The Mang: Oh and I have in game map.
10:40 AM - The Mang: And night vision
10:40 AM - |CNN-Dir| SGT-Spartans: OK
10:40 AM - |CNN-Dir| SGT-Spartans: RUN
10:40 AM - |CNN-Dir| SGT-Spartans: LOL
10:40 AM - The Mang: And gillie suit
10:40 AM - |CNN-Dir| SGT-Spartans: FUK U
10:40 AM - |CNN-Dir| SGT-Spartans: RUN
10:40 AM - |CNN-Dir| SGT-Spartans: GET OUT OF THERE
10:40 AM - |CNN-Dir| SGT-Spartans: RUN AND HIDE
10:40 AM - The Mang: I just died....
10:40 AM - |CNN-Dir| SGT-Spartans: are you fckng

God Damnit.

SRP chars:

Ket

Played today with my friend Nick. We tried helping Gonztah at the airfield but it was too late, the zombies got em but that wasn't the least of our problems.

We moved in carefully and we took sniper fire, we hid inside the hangars, one on each side. Heart beating, we could see the fucker but he was too far away.

Nick threw 2 smoke nades and we we're able to escape. After that we ran all the way back to camp, that took a while. After we chilled, we went to Military camps of Stary Sobor.

We scouted the area for like 2 minutes and didn't see anything, so we decided to move in and check the tents. It didn't take long before I got shot.

Suddenly 3 naggers came from behind where we we're scouting before, all of the sudden. They thought I was dead but I got patched up by Nick and ran to the opposite site of the camp while Nick was taking fire, luckily they sucked at it. I managed to get from behind while Nick literally buttraped the two guys. I didn't find the third, he DC'ed.

We ran as far as we can back to camp again but the guy shot at us again, we look back and see nothing, keep runnin'!

We were almost back but the fucker saw us running on a field. As soon as we take a glipse at him, he just vanished and guess what yes he DC'ed.

This is what I hate about DayZ, just fucking stay on the server and take it like a man. I hope the fix this ALT F4 exploit.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

Bl★ck Star

YAY. I had my first joyful moments in DayZ.

I found a Lee, 3 mags for it, lots of medical stuff and lot's of coke, also got a water bottle and some gas container :D

Gonztah

Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 26-07-2012
YAY. I had my first joyful moments in DayZ.

I found a Lee

The dinner bell.....