DayZ talk

Started by nKe, 02-07-2012

INA7HAN

I wish that happened to me for just one time. Want lots of gear lol, at least a CZ50 sniper

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

jaik

Quote from: INA7HAN on 06-07-2012
at least a CZ50 sniper

oh man you don't want that...
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

nKe

Was watching over Cherno while my squad clears the hospital behind me. Suddenly I noticed that someone else was interested in the meds too.

Pilot did not notice me or my AS50 Anti-Material Rifle until it was too late.

Those who wonder that why I got only few zombie kills and murders: I just retrieved my gear from my squadmate after I randomly fell through a ceiling.

Pawx

It's fun having a DayZ LAN Server.

jaik

Quote from: Pawx on 06-07-2012

Considering that the only threat to you is other players, not really.

Steven :D

Quote from: Jake on 06-07-2012

setup home base with helicopters in lan, fly to wherever, swap servers, player kill, return to store loot for later.
>fun

maybe.

nKe

Steven, how do you save your chr in lan? You need to be connected to Hive for that.

Iam333

Respawned somewhere, it just gave me name of some coast which god dif. name on the map (Im using Czech language in ArmA.) so I just took the rails and went one way, after some time I managed to figure out where Iam and went towards Cherno...
after a while I found out I was wrong all along and turned back, because Elektro was closer.
On the way I found good lound Lee Enfield, I switched to my flashlight, it was bugged as usually so I could'nt turn on or off the light most of the times.
I finnaly made it into Elektro, I was hidding in shadows and managed to crawl towards house with roof, from there I had nice view at whole place.
I was just about gonna climb down when all of sudden, I heard gunshots echoing from somewhere.
Crawled few more times before I noticed aggro'd zombies and moments later survivor running away from them, he didnt seen me so I waited few moments in the shadow untill I was sure nobody is around.
I made it into firestation, but character standed up for no fucking reason so he aggro'd few walkers and I had to take them down with Leen Enfield which aggro'd even more walkers and crawlers, I shamelessly disconnected and went into other server, there was wire so I hopped on several servers untill I looted few useless magazines. On the last server I tried to turn on the light on that darn thing... with no sucess, when I noticed right in front of me, maybe three or four metres another survivor with a pistol. I spooted him few moments before he did, but I had no time to unsling my rifle and got killed.

tl;dr
Karma 1 Miller 0

Pawx

Implying zombies aren't a threat and an annoyance half the fucking time.

Steven :D

Quote from: Nik3 on 06-07-2012
Steven, how do you save your chr in lan? You need to be connected to Hive for that.
get hive

jaik

Implying zombies aren't a threat and an annoyance half the fucking time.

yes that's what I'm implying

Lucidius

Is there a way to rn DayZ LAN? If so, i'de rather have a small private dedi because I just can't deal with children in video games most of the time. Day Z sounds fucking awful online.

"OMG But you have 2 deal w/ other people its so realistic"

in reality, people wouldn't be finding guns in barns or shooting people on sight. I can understand survival and PVP aspect in a realistic scenario but once you remove the penalty of death and you move it into the video game realm where you technically arn't ending another person's life, you get people not afraid to pull the trigger and death matching all over the place. This is the SAME premise i've observed in my years of video game RP and it just doesn't work.

tl;dr: people are awful so anything MMO oriented is filled with awful people, loko at any F2P game community like TF2 or Combat Arms
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

jaik

Quote from: Lucidius on 06-07-2012
Is there a way to rn DayZ LAN? If so, i'de rather have a small private dedi because I just can't deal with children in video games most of the time. Day Z sounds fucking awful online.

in reality, people wouldn't be finding guns in barns or shooting people on sight. I can understand survival and PVP aspect in a realistic scenario but once you remove the penalty of death and you move it into the video game realm where you technically arn't ending another person's life, you get people not afraid to pull the trigger and death matching all over the place. This is the SAME premise i've observed in my years of video game RP and it just doesn't work.

tl;dr: people are awful so anything MMO oriented is filled with awful people, loko at any F2P game community like TF2 or Combat Arms

Look at this it's a carebear as Day Z community would call you.

I hope you know that Day Z isn't aiming to be realistic, but authentic. Player interaction is part of the experience and by removing that you're also getting rid of a very large portion of Day Z. You'd still find military weaponry in barns on a private server because I doubt that you're able to reverse engineer day z and the chance of finding one isn't really that huge either. You're complaining about 'realism', but at the same time you wish more of it in Day Z - make up your mind and learn to play the game instead of complaining about it. Why would you punish people for murdering and how would you implement a system that would work in this case if you're so wise?

Iam333

DayZ seems like big social experiment, its mainly about players interacting with eachother than with actual zombies.
They give you option to not pull the trigger, but people rather take easy way out or just dont want to take risks.
You cant trust any stranger and it holds you in that weird paranoia all the time.

Most zombie games are all: "Hai guiz, can I join ur survivor team?" without even giving single fuck who that guy is, mostly because there isnt option to betray them.
But in DayZ you cant just let any stranger cover or stab your back. You meet a stranger and you wont ask questions if he wants to be your friend.

Its dog vs. dog world and these dogs got guns.

HitMan5523

You guys see the meme thread on the Dayz forums? Laughing my butt off looking at them.
I'm hip! What are you talking about!

nKe

Quote from: Lucidius on 06-07-2012

If you are bored in dayZ, it means that you are a boring person. It's a sandbox.
So you just want to run around in LAN collecting best gear possible and not having a slightest chance to get killed?
You could make it even better, remove zombies + use cheat engine to spawn yourself the gear.

INA7HAN

INA7HAN

INA7HAN

INA7HAN

nKe

Why not use 100% 3D resolution?

INA7HAN

Quote from: Nik3 on 09-07-2012
Why not use 100% 3D resolution?
What's that?

Ket

You can set your Screen Resolution and 3D resolution to be the same and the game should run better and look better, if you think
the zooming is too deep you can double tap the " - "
Numpad Minus button to zoom in or out of your character, IMO it looks better.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

nKe

Thanks to Dark Scar for taking this picture. It's awesome.

Lent23

Quote from: Nik3 on 21-07-2012
[Image]

Thanks to Dark Scar for taking this picture. It's awesome.
This represents my teammates for DayZ
(That's me in the back)

We have an M14 [nKe], M16A2 [Scar], M4A3 CCO [Me]
and shit tons of ammo

We're also bandits, so fuck you

unless you wanna come help us c:
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"