DayZ persistent zombie mod for Arma 2: CO

Started by [INVICTUS], 02-05-2012

Lucidius

@Knife

You get Combined Ops on steam if you have ArmA 2 and OpArrowhead.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

lolKieck

Anyone still playing it? I'm downloading this mod right now to try it out. I'm European though.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

[INVICTUS]

I've been playing it, but I'm waiting for the next update which should be 1.5.8. (which is coming out soon)

lolKieck

Are you a bandit or a survivor?

Otto

Does this work with ARMA II free?

HitMan5523

I'm hip! What are you talking about!

jaik

Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

andrewhatesyou

I swear I'm a friendly bandit!

STALKER RP
Lt.Ivan Kutz-ALIVE-Military
Vladimir Kutz-ALIVE-Merc
FALLOUT RP
John Serio-ALIVE-Senior Initiate

Redbark

Damnit, I want to pirate this game XD.

[INVICTUS]

Not a bandit, but I still have -12k humanity (Used to be -23,000) but I don't shoot unless necessary.

andrewhatesyou

The problem is, oncve you kill a survivor and become a bandit you have to keep killing survivors because they will shoot you on sight.

STALKER RP
Vladimir Kutz-ALIVE-Merc
FALLOUT RP

lolKieck

Quote from: Redbark on 21-05-2012
No. Don't pirate at all, unless you'll buy the game later.
And seriously, I need someone to help me start the real gameplay. At the moment I'm too scared to enter a village consisting of 4 zombies.

[INVICTUS]

If you get on the HGN Teamspeak, I'll play for a while and try to help but I won't be on around 4:00 - 5:30 PM (-8 GMT) otherwise I'm free all day.
EDIT: My steam name is Koi Fish, same with TS.

INA7HAN

Quote from: lolKieck on 22-05-2012
Quote from: Redbark on 21-05-2012
No. Don't pirate at all, unless you'll buy the game later.
And seriously, I need someone to help me start the real gameplay. At the moment I'm too scared to enter a village consisting of 4 zombies.
EDIT: Downloaded it and i'm attempting to play it with Kieck

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Ket

Well, I'm getting Combined Ops. in aprox. 10 days.

Count me in.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

INA7HAN

Got on a server and found withing minutes, a winchester with two mags of slugs, Makarov ammo, bandages, matches, two hatchets, flares and some other stuff. Not bad for few minutes

lolKieck

Me and another person were killed by a bridge.

INA7HAN

Got stuck in some place called the debug zone, a place full of nothing but fields that go on forever. I pressed the wrong button on the menu (Respawn) so i died and lost all my shit, i was pissed off.

INA7HAN

Currently trying to meet up with two friends at this placed called Nadezhdino i think it's spelt. We are planning on staying in that area as there is a watering hole nearby. We're planning on raiding nearby areas for supplies then returning to the area to some building on the outskirts of Nadezhdino hopefully. Kieck will meet us there hopefully where his ingame map will come in good use :)

EDIT: These two guys and i met up, we thought we would try and loot three houses. So we prone closer and i see a body with a gun on it and such, Owner (guys name) says we should go loot him. The body is on the main road but there is only one zombie. As soon as we move in more the whole fucking town comes alive with zombies spawning. It went from one zombie to about nine in seconds and most of those were near the body. It started clearing up so Shifty proned towards the body. I told him that he will have to crouch to get the gun and that zombies will see him, but he goes ahead anyway. A zombie runs up behind him i'm forced to open fire, next minute zombies are zombies are coming from everywhere and we're all getting swarmed.

We ended up getting up a hill a bit away from the town but all of us were injured and such, just to find out Shifty didn't get the gun in time, so for some reason Owner says we should go back and try again -.-. I told them it was crazy and we would die but they continue. I stay on the hill and attempt to cover them if stuff goes bad. He's by the body owner is covering him, and i see a zombie crawling along the road, and before i can warn SHifty the zombie attacks him, owner opens fire again and whole town runs in on them. Shifty made it out barely with a broken bone i've lost half my blood and owner got swarmed and killed. Now we need blood packs to attempt a blood transfusion from me to Shifty, but we need blood packs which can only be found at hospitals so Owner is going to try and get some and meet us again.

To sum it up we fucked up badly due to being greedy. It just goes to show that greedy players will meet their maker. I've played it safe all the time, i've traveled nearly half the map with only killing one zombie. As soon as we turn into a group of three and get greedy one of us dies and we all get hurt. Just goes to show that you should keep your group smaller and not take risks like that, EVER.
EDIT: Also owner asked me why i didn't help him as he was being eaten alive by 7 zombies -.-

Frostee

DayZ would be better if ArmA didn't have the clunky AI.

INA7HAN

Quote from: Frostee on 04-06-2012
DayZ would be better if ArmA didn't have the clunky AI.
Agreed the AI were lagging everywhere and randomly stopped i would shoot one then 3 seconds later it would die after having ran away

[INVICTUS]

Quote from: INA7HAN on 04-06-2012
Currently trying to meet up with two friends at this placed called Nadezhdino i think it's spelt. We are planning on staying in that area as there is a watering hole nearby. We're planning on raiding nearby areas for supplies then returning to the area to some building on the outskirts of Nadezhdino hopefully. Kieck will meet us there hopefully where his ingame map will come in good use :)

EDIT: These two guys and i met up, we thought we would try and loot three houses. So we prone closer and i see a body with a gun on it and such, Owner (guys name) says we should go loot him. The body is on the main road but there is only one zombie. As soon as we move in more the whole fucking town comes alive with zombies spawning. It went from one zombie to about nine in seconds and most of those were near the body. It started clearing up so Shifty proned towards the body. I told him that he will have to crouch to get the gun and that zombies will see him, but he goes ahead anyway. A zombie runs up behind him i'm forced to open fire, next minute zombies are zombies are coming from everywhere and we're all getting swarmed.

We ended up getting up a hill a bit away from the town but all of us were injured and such, just to find out Shifty didn't get the gun in time, so for some reason Owner says we should go back and try again -.-. I told them it was crazy and we would die but they continue. I stay on the hill and attempt to cover them if stuff goes bad. He's by the body owner is covering him, and i see a zombie crawling along the road, and before i can warn SHifty the zombie attacks him, owner opens fire again and whole town runs in on them. Shifty made it out barely with a broken bone i've lost half my blood and owner got swarmed and killed. Now we need blood packs to attempt a blood transfusion from me to Shifty, but we need blood packs which can only be found at hospitals so Owner is going to try and get some and meet us again.

To sum it up we fucked up badly due to being greedy. It just goes to show that greedy players will meet their maker. I've played it safe all the time, i've traveled nearly half the map with only killing one zombie. As soon as we turn into a group of three and get greedy one of us dies and we all get hurt. Just goes to show that you should keep your group smaller and not take risks like that, EVER.
EDIT: Also owner asked me why i didn't help him as he was being eaten alive by 7 zombies -.-

Good to see that your working with other survivors, can't say you would've done much better if you only sent one person to get the gun because I wasn't there. But try sending only one person next time if you can watch them from the trees, its faster and easier than sending two because one can avoid running into a zombie while the guy behind him will run into it most likely.

The AI zombies running all over the place is a bug related to the arma 2 engine, not much hope of it getting fixed. When I run into zombies, I usually lead them out into the forest and start backpedaling. I stop every other couple seconds, it stops the zombie so it can run the attack animation and gives you time to shoot it really quick in the head or torso.

p.s. Don't know if its luck or not, but if you see a dead player it means someone must've shot him recently; new updates set time limit on how long the body stays so it must've been fresh. And another thing, new update borked a lot of stuff for some people, it's hit-and-miss but it'll send you and your gear to the middle of the ocean sometimes. Best to wait for that to get fixed

andrewhatesyou

Just got some sweet outfits and toys today :)

I find it really hard to play with more than 2 people because then you just fight over gear. Me and my friend play together and we share the loot perfectly. We had 4 people before but we left them because they just wanted to hog everything.

STALKER RP
Vladimir Kutz-ALIVE-Merc
FALLOUT RP

INA7HAN

Quote from: andrewhatesyou on 05-06-2012

I find it really hard to play with more than 2 people because then you just fight over gear. Me and my friend play together and we share the loot perfectly. We had 4 people before but we left them because they just wanted to hog everything.

Are you fucking kidding me? Where do you find all this shit, I've only found a AKM once and it had no ammo!

andrewhatesyou

Quote from: INA7HAN on 06-06-2012
Quote from: andrewhatesyou on 05-06-2012

Are you fucking kidding me? Where do you find all this shit, I've only found a AKM once and it had no ammo!

Well, my friend gave me his guille suit and I let him have the Elite Coyote bag. Found the Mk. 48 in the barracks across from hangars in the forest, great place.

STALKER RP
Vladimir Kutz-ALIVE-Merc
FALLOUT RP