Kyo's Logbook: The Replikas

Started by Cross, 18-03-2018

Cross

(The following is an IC document in Kyo Nakahara's writing. It can likely be found either in the Ironhand Camp, in Miko's house, or just on Kyo's person).

REPLIKA.
A creature created by the magician Kirous based off of a specific person's appearance, memories, and abilities. In essence, a near perfect replica of them, hence the name of 'Replika'. There are limitations to this ability, however. Or, there were, but it seems they have steadily been overcome. As of writing this, it stands something like this:

1. Only one Replika, not counting the one called Viribus, can be active at a time.
2. In order to create a Replika of someone, Kirous must have been able to gather "data" on them, either by looking into their mind or gathering memories of them.
3. Most Replikas seem to be based off of humans, at least partially, so an entirely non-human Replika is seemingly impossible for the time being.

As beings created of pure magic, when killed, they simply vanish into nothingness. They are also incredibly vulnerable to the 'silence' as a result.
Though mostly loyal to their creator, their level of intelligence and free will seems to vary, likely depending on how much of a mind Kirous gives them upon creation.
While it would be a stretch to say it's impossible, the fact that no one person has been Replicated twice suggests that those who have already been copied are safe from having a second doppelganger.

The following is a list of all of the known Replikas thus far, and will be updated as more come to light...
Replika 001 - The prototype of them all, based off of Calco Geminus, and initially thought to be him before Libra revealed himself. Shortly afterwards, it was destroyed.
Replika 002 - A slightly more stable one based off of Captain Seide of Galdea. It did not lost as long as the prototype, and was destroyed in a fight against my allies.
Replika 003 - The first perfected one of the human model, based off of the thief Zephyr Blacktear, it attempted to assassinate Miko before its defeat.
Replika 004 - Otherwise known as Luna, this defective Replika of my sister has somehow become our ally. After a confrontation with Viribus, she was left completely comatose, perhaps even broken beyond repair.
Replika 005 - Based off of the mercenary Vondus Khyr, this one apparently didn't last long before being destroyed by its counterpart. Perhaps it was another test?
Replika 006 - Created to fight alongside the possessed king of Almustadt, Boestas Almus, this Replika of the ruler fought alongside its counterpart against my allies, but was thankfully eliminated in the battle.
Replika 007 - This copy of the Black Raven was seemingly created purely to cause trouble, and attempted to kill its counterpart, but failed and was destroyed rather easily.
Replika 008 - The first Replika created after my awakening, and fittingly enough, of myself. Its attempt at eliminating Luna resulted in its own destruction.  To think, a copy of myself fighting one of my sister...
Replika 009 - The most unusual, created seemingly from memories of another, this Replika of Greyn Rofinn is quite possibly the strongest of them all, aside from Viribus.

Lastly, there's the one I call Replika 000, as he's quite the exception to it all: Viribus. Viribus is a Replika unlike the others, not taking the appearence of anyone, even possessing a mask to protect himself from magic-nullifying techniques. He remains both the strongest creation of Kirous, and his right-hand, and while he takes the face of nobody in particular, his fighting style and abilities suggests he was created based on my image still.
-Insert clever signature here-