Hostile Conflict - Revived

Started by Silver Knight, 22-11-2009

Silver Knight

Hostile Conflict

NATO VS MELA - Bf2 styled game, involving huge maps, using a variarity of vehicles, players must complete objectives or just take out the enermy until they have no more men left. Players can choose from a variaty of classes, from your typical soldier to being a Medic.

Each class has special abilities, Medic's can give out healthkits and revive Teammates, Support can resupply players with ammo and Engineer's can build Sentrys and repair vehicles. Combined this really is one tuff gamemode, complete with unlockables and achievements, keeping you playing for longer!

Features:
- 7 Unique Playable Classes on each side
- Over 30 Custom weapons at your disposal
- Around 8 vehicles to control and help beat the enermy out on the field, ranging from a Armoured Jeep to a F35 Jet.

"In war, one one side can win, and the other defeat, but both will suffer either way, we humans are but destructive machines, be it money, land or race."

-- Silver Knight

Faction Outlines[/color][/center]

NATO

[smg id=52]

MELA

The Gameplay

Players can choose what force they want to be part of, theres no requirement to join a force, you choose when you join, it is preffered that you start your training first, and then move onto joining in on the conflict. There are many classes ingame, ranging from your average soldier, who carries a number of hitec weaponry, such as a mortar or rpg, other classes varie, such as medic, scout, engineer, support and officer.

There are three types of gamemodes:

Warzone, where points are counted down for each death on a team, the first team to lose all points, loses.

Target, where one player on each team is the target, the team must protect that unit at all costs, the first team to kill a enermy target, wins.

Conquer, where two teams go head to head, and have to capture control points, each team gets a HQ, and must battle out against each other to win by capturing control places for points, and win by points, or capture the enermy HQ.

The Classes

There are no faction classes, both factions share the same layout, but the guns, names and skills may varie.

Soldier
The main frontman, the soldier is the most common and well equipted class, his unlockables range from a heavy mortar to a RPG.

Medic
The field Medic's play a vital role in the game, they can revive players who have fallen  to a enermy bullet, heal people and give out medication.

Scout
The Scout plays a important role in finding out where the enermy is, what they are doing and sabotaging there equiptment, they can also make basic radar and tracking equiptment.

Engineer
Engineers are the backbone to the forces, they can make turrets, robots and gadgets, they are important to the overall game.

Support
Support are the backup to the soldier, they keep him protected from the centre, using machine guns and fast firing rifles, they provide ammo and are needed to break down the enermy forces.

Officer
The officers job is to give out orders, provide supplys and team morale to the troops, they generally sit back behind friendly lines and set tasks for their troops.

Vehicles

F35 Jet

Helicoptor

APC

Anti Air APC
[smg id=59]
Jeep W Mounted Turret
[smg id=56]
Tanks

The Stats System
Players have a stats system, they can assign certain points to skills to better themselves on the battlefield, such as running alittle bit faster or swimming under water, that bit longer.

Ranks
Players will go up ranks over time, each rank will give them one unlockable point, which they can assign to unlock a gun, ranks require alot of kills/points on your account to unlock, so playing alot is needed to unlock them.

Unlockables
Unlock weapons on each class, to better yourself in the battlefield, you may also unlock extra attachments for your guns, such as laser sight, or faster reload time, it's your choice.

Commonly asked questions:

Q: So, where has this idea come from?

A: Well ive played battlefield 2, red alert, warcraft 3 etc for a very long time, and they were some of my favorite games, and theres a real good chance that it could work in gmod, on a smaller scale.

Q:What kind of terrain will we be using?

A:Whatever the mappers decide to make, theres no real base for what terrain we are going to use, it can be urban, desert, jungle, anywhere, this is a global war after all.

Q:Will stats and unlockables stay?

A:Im considering this, it depends what people really want, tempoary stats, to keep the game interesting, or longterm unlockables.

Welcome to Hostile Conflict.... Mount Up Lads

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Afromana

Server brought to you by: Afro corp (A division of Silver Corp)

Jazer

Good stuff, I had fun playing today with the pre-alpha.

Lucidius

what's this? a reason to boot up Gmod?

Also, as for scouts, they should be iven spotting binocs, it'de go good in pair with a sniper type person, or an officer.

Also, officers should give bonuses to soldiers in an area around them?

Maybe I can toss in a few good ideas from Company of Heroes style stuff.

Engineers: SHould be able to construct sandbags or fortifications of sorts?

If there is going to be high tech, why not allow enineers to ahve master hacking, and scouts minor hacking, so scouts can do slightly useful things with their agility and still be of use outside of scouting. They could cause minor base malfunctions of sorts, or jam radio communication.

Having a Chat system like Local, Shout, and Broadcasting would be good too. Broadcast only able to be used by officers? So it's important to have an officer in a squad?

Certain HMG's should have the ability to switch to an armor defeating bullet type via box mag chane or dual box mags, for light vehicle defeating purposes. APC's, jeeps, etc.

Obviously there'de be a disadvanatage over the other MG's for this one but it'de be useful.

Quote from: world.guns.ru
First announced in october 1983, the BRG-15 was designed to replace aged Browning M2HB .50 cal (12.7mm) heavy machineguns, and was, probably, the most powerful machine gun ever made, outperforming even Soviet KPV 14.7mm. The BRG-15 could pierce 10mm of steel armour at 30 degrees at the distance of 1350 meters, or, in other words, capable to defeat armour of almost any APC at the distances of 1000 meters and beyond.

Hmm, what else..
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Bl★ck Star

looks awesome i wanna play the alpha ^^

Lucidius

After reading the FAQ, I'de say there should be both. Short, match based performance upgrades and then long term unlocks (that aren't game breakers)

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Silver Knight

Quote from: Lucidius on 24-11-2009
After reading the FAQ, I'de say there should be both. Short, match based performance upgrades and then long term unlocks (that aren't game breakers)

Maybe :P

Locke

Silver Knight

Quote from: ㅎㅎLocke on 24-11-2009
I wanna play :3

You had your chance! But you decided to wonder off...

Ive done about 4-5 Alpha Tests so far.

Lucidius

twice the work i suppose, guess it'll need to be one or the other.

I'de say, if you go long term, got for semi-long term, and don't make the ending super god-modey.

My Profile[/b][/size]