What Additional Roleplay server would you like to see?

Started by Silver Knight, 13-04-2013

Silver Knight

I have made several of these threads in the past, i just want to see what you guys want and think about an additional server. We cut back our servers because of gmod 13 and SRP only retains players interested in stalker roleplay.

I am fully aware that SRP should remain our top priority and we are generally not in a position for another server right now if it just recycles our current or former playerbase but we need to keep our options open and look at getting a fresh, new playerbase. I should also note a second server will further development as a whole on script, so both servers do benefit.

The metro2033 forums bellow are a placeholder as we are looking into it, but i would rather you guys had a say too.

List of possible Roleplay types:

Metro2033:
            Possible Concept: Does this really need any? It's stalker underground with more going on and citzen rp.

Zombie Roleplay:
            Possible Concept: Lone survival with playermade factions. No military bullshit.

Warhammer 40k
            Possible Concept: SSTRP Like, imperial guard, running around the galaxy getting killed.
            Possible COncept: HL2RP Like, imperial guard watching over citizens, rebels\heretics as the rebels. With mutants
            and tyranids and other shit messing up the planets(s)

Fallout RP
            Possible Concept: Same as before i guess.

Star Wars RP   Possible Concept: Mixture of planets over several servers, think hl2rp and mass effect rp.
            Possible Concepts: Jedi Academy?> No idea, game was good, the games have rp servers already.

List of bad roleplay types:

Curssaria - No one is interested in medieval roleplay.

Note: I will add roleplays to lists above once they are discussed.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Lent23

Quote from: SilverKnight on 13-04-2013
I have made several of these threads in the past, i just want to see what you guys want and think about an additional server. We cut back our servers because of gmod 13 and SRP only retains players interested in stalker roleplay.

I am fully aware that SRP should remain our top priority and we are generally not in a position for another server right now if it just recycles our current or former playerbase but we need to keep our options open and look at getting a fresh, new playerbase. I should also note a second server will further development as a whole on script, so both servers do benefit.

The metro2033 forums bellow are a placeholder as we are looking into it, but i would rather you guys had a say too.

List of possible Roleplay types:
Metro2033
Zombie Roleplay
Warhammer 40k

List of bad roleplay types:
Zombie Roleplay as long as it's not bad.
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

Vortigoat

I liked Crussaria...

Maxi96203

ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

KingArthur

Metro 2033: Stalker underground!
Zombie Roleplay: "As long as its not bad" There isn't much you can do in zombie RP imo.
Warhammer 40k: Meh, never really enjoyed the universe myself. But some might.

INA7HAN

Zombie apoc could work, would be nice to have a metro 2033 server but isn't it pretty much like STALKER, except it's underground mainly? Mutants, Russians, bandits..

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

jaik

Quote from: KingArthur on 13-04-2013
Metro 2033: Stalker underground!
Zombie Roleplay: "As long as its not bad" There isn't much you can do in zombie RP imo.
Warhammer 40k: Meh, never really enjoyed the universe myself. But some might.

so you support all?

I can do Zombie or Metro if people want it.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Gonztah

Zombie IF it's set somewhere else than bloody america where it always seems to happen, it's so boring.
Otherwise Metro 2033
Although W40k would be cool I doubt that it'd work or live longer than a month or two.

Mr. Pink

My votes go for Metro or Zombie. Personally I'd be more inclined for Zombie over Metro, as Metro shares too many similarities with Stalker, it'd pretty much be, as stated before, 'SRP: Underground.'
I wish for a pinball machine full of Cannabis.

Thanatos

I prefer that we work on the one we already have. But if I had to choose, it would be Zombie Roleplay.

Meanwhile outside of Leshiy's door.

Adam 'Sporadic' Dominika - Alive | Squirrel - Alive | Jordan Redmond - Alive | Njal - MIA | Bowie - MIA

Lent23

Quote from: Mr. Pink on 13-04-2013
My votes go for Metro or Zombie. Personally I'd be more inclined for Zombie over Metro, as Metro shares too many similarities with Stalker, it'd pretty much be, as stated before, 'SRP: Underground.'
Pretty much that, imo. I'd like to see a Zombie Roleplay that focused more on the survival aspect. Hanging out with friends or going solo, whatever you really enjoy is what you should be doing. In a world where survival is the last thing you really have, people could focus on creating groups of supportive towns or bandit hideouts. With the popularity of The Walking Dead as well, a serious Zombie roleplay server could potentially have a hold in the Garry's Mod Roleplay community (What's left of it.)

Quote from: Thanatos on 13-04-2013
I prefer that we work on the one we already have. But if I had to choose, it would be Zombie Roleplay.
Also, I'd like to stick to Stalker as much as we can, though.
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

Lexo

Skybroke

I would like to see a zombie roleplay more so than metro because metro2033rp seems too restrictive and similar to Stalkerrp. Also I think that a zombie roleplay server has many possibilities and if done well would be sucessfull because we can make our own zombie canon/story so there's not nearly as many penalties like you would see in metro rp.

Zer0Cool

Warhammer would be cool. Just as long as not everything is human related.
Zombie has never worked for RP in my experiences.
metro would be sweet if it could be done right, but i think it is too close to stalker and therefore would split the crowd already in stalker.

Archangel94

I think i have to say zombie rp, aslong as i can scavage and not just buying everything :P

MaD2ko0l

What about a space kinda theme like Battlestar Galactica?
Trust Is A Weakness!

jaik

Think about it, guys. We're using a fork of Vein, which means we can easily use complex features of Vein with Zombie RP.

ILoveHobo

jaik

- Zombie apoc roleplay with quite a few twists. I like to think of it as a roleplay gamemode that you don't have to roleplay on.
- The main concept is that you can use it singleplayer and have just as much fun as if it had 42/42.
- Minimalist HUD: There is no immediate info on your screen except for player names.
- Clean, efficient GUI - no more browsing through five windows just to make a character

- SQLLite character saving - zero lag, zero mysql config issues, zero random connection loss, etc. MySQL functionality in the future for those that want to use it.
- Descriptions are no longer 100 characters, but 500 characters long (can be configured for up to 196000 characters thanks to GM13). They are brought up in a separate window with F2 to mitigate a huge line of text across your screen. Press F2 on other players to bring up their profile.
- Character emote system: You can change your character's expression and perform gestures with a GUI menu.
- Characters gesture when they speak - for example, hand waving, or nodding in a direction.
- Custom playermodels, made by myself. They use skins - there are 1200-1500 character combinations in 100mb of human models. ~50 heads, 24-30 outfits.

- Slow zombies - no fast zombie bullshit, no special/boss zombies, just the reanimated dead. These are Romero zombies. They break down doors over timespans of a week. They can be set on fire and keep shambling towards you.
- Fully-featured zombie AI.
- AI director: Spawns hordes if underneath a cap (for example, 30 zombies on the map at one time), as well as if someone yells/shoots a gun/etc., using the gm_navigation module.

- There will be five guns (pistol, revolver, shotgun, hunting rifle, military rifle), and around 10-20 melee weapons.
- Weapon system is barebones: no need for clutter. No ironsights, no superhuge smoke particles, no ricochet, etc. Simple, clean and lagless, most importantly.
- Using a weapon makes you unable to move, similar to how Project Zomboid does it. This makes melee fighting a last resort - missing could be fatal.

- Death is final. Once a character dies and you go back to the character selection, you can still play that character, you'll just be laying on the ground, or shambling around thanks to zombie AI. No appeals, just like a realistic zombie apocalypse. Don't pick fights you can't win.
- There are 3 characters allowed at one time by default; this can be changed by the server owner.

- There are motives, such as sleep, hunger, exertion, etc.
- Motives are saved and decay with time spent ingame. They won't kill you, just make you slower and distort your view and increase your insanity level.
- Health isn't represented from 1-100; instead, you'll see Shot, Bitten, Scratched etc. with motives.
- Small damage system - bandages, splints, etc. all have function

- Insanity system: Think http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpRq3e9yohE
- You don't want to go insane

- Items have a much larger influence than other roleplay gamemodes. For example, food to decrease hunger etc.
- Crafting system that supports up to 4 items.
- Each item you carry slows you down.
- Items and melee weapons are easy to find. Firearms and firearm ammo are hard to find.
- Easy to create new items for server owners.
- Can trade items directly with other players, or place them in containers.
- Items have no physical presence. They're not found on the ground as with other roleplay gamemodes, but rather inside props. The reason for this is to decrease lag, missing items, and item duplication.

- Map editor for use by admins.
- Used to place props, item containers, zombie hotspots, zombie avoidance areas etc.
- Map contents are saved. Thanks to Gmod 13, you can have up to 32,000 props in one map, with no RSO errors!
- Item containers contain relevant items, as specified in the map editor: for example, a bedroom dresser won't contain a carton of milk.
- Scripted events (dewip). Think a helicopter passes overhead with supplies, or the Army rolls by for a cleanup op.

- Multiple official maps provided, tailored for different playerbase sizes and different playstyles:
- rp_v_sacrifice: Port of L4D's The Sacrifice. Good for small servers and testing.
- rp_v_terminal: Port of the Airport level from L4D's Dead Air. Good for small servers. WIP.
- rp_v_riverside: Port of the town from L4D's No Mercy. Good for medium-large servers. WIP.
- rp_v_rooftops: Port of two of L4D's Dead Air campaign maps. Good for large servers. WIP.
- More to come! If you request a non-official map get support, I'll probably add gamemode support for it. Post in the thread!

- Fully featured administrative commands.
- As streamlined as possible to get undesireables out.

- Music system. Plays music at opportune times. Death means sad music, life means.. sad music, zombies around means action music.

- NPCs (wip) - something like bots. Each has their own personality and may either shoot you on sight (after a warning!), tag along, or give you items. More players on reduce the amount of NPCs on.

- If you are bitten (or got a bad scratch) you are infected.
- Works in the same vein as motives; you die after a certain amount of time ingame.
- All dead players become zombies - like I said, this is slow zombie, Romero lore, so all players will become a zombie assuming their head's intact.

Look at all those features we have by simply choosing Zombie RP. This is all inside our script right now. Btw, we can edit anything if people don't like it.

INA7HAN

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

lolKieck

metro rp even with the cool shit zombie rp might have
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

TheAndyShandy

MetroRP appeals more to me, but if something dynamic and unique was pulled from a Zombie script like the above feature list, my vote would definitely go to the ZombieRP server.
Warning, this news report contains flashing images.

jaik

Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 13-04-2013
MetroRP appeals more to me, but if something dynamic and unique was pulled from a Zombie script like the above feature list, my vote would definitely go to the ZombieRP server.

THey're already in.

gamerhead

My vote is going to have to be for zombie RP.  This will give the players a sort of walking dead experience and in my opinion, will be a very enjoyable form of RP.

Steven :D

Quote from: gamerhead on 13-04-2013
My vote is going to have to be for zombie RP.  This will give the players a sort of walking dead experience and in my opinion, will be a very enjoyable form of RP.
wtf is your name on steam? i swear i can never find you.

also idk im undecided.