What Additional Roleplay server would you like to see?

Started by Silver Knight, 13-04-2013

IceFire

I would hope so too, i mean when you're stuck in a building surrounded by zombies, one member of your team of survivors has been bitten, I would imagine there could be a lot of passive rp :D

Steven :D

Quote from: IceFire on 14-04-2013
I would hope so too, i mean when you're stuck in a building surrounded by zombies, one member of your team of survivors has been bitten, I would imagine there could be a lot of passive rp :D
vein features infection, when you die your body gets turned into an npc im p. sure and ur pk'd

jaik

Quote from: Steven :D on 14-04-2013
Quote from: IceFire on 14-04-2013
vein features infection, when you die your body gets turned into an npc im p. sure and ur pk'd

it can be edited, nub.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

deluxulous

I'd be very interested in WH40k, one of my favorite universes ever. I did a VERY small WH40k server RP with Turkey and Emperor Bobby and it was extremely fun while keeping canon and being mostly serious. The only downside is that it would be heavily admin (SST style) reliant and passive could be complex, as I've never seen it done before. If we had some guides/expectations and stuff I would more than happily play on it. There's also plenty of content available for it.

Nothing really interests me besides that, Zombie RP feels too limiting in my opinion. I don't like survival elements being forced into my RP, I'd rather dictate it myself since I consider myself to be responsible and know how to RP those elements properly.

jaik

Quote from: PistolKid on 14-04-2013
I did a VERY small WH40k server RP with Turkey and Emperor Bobby and it was extremely fun while keeping canon and being mostly serious.
you're making an unfair conclusion based on a different experience unrelated to the current situation.
here's the thing: we aren't doing private roleplaying servers. if the playerbase is small, then it's easy to get along with and therefore there's not a lot of problems that arise with public ones.
i can assure you that a public wh40k will disappoint compared to a private one.

Khorn

i vote for dino rp.

it be da best ever. rping a walking bag of meat is basically the same as citizen/survivor rp.

jaik

Quote from: Khorn on 14-04-2013
rping a walking bag of meat is basically the same as citizen/survivor rp.

Yes, because Zombie RP is exclusively about roleplaying a shambler. You're also equalizing it to being a citizen/survivor/stalker, so essentially you're dismissing the entire post-apoc setting, which doesn't make sense to me as to why you're even here in that case?

CC

Each RP is unique in their own way, I don't see a problem with Zombie RP in the least, nor do I with whatever the hell someone else wants to do. It's just weird to me that people are so hasty to compare things to each other due to one or two similarities. It might be difficult but let's try to look at each RP as it's own thing, and not give it a bad rep before even trying it!  Just my opinion tho.

Sugar

Quote from: SilverKnight on 13-04-2013
Curssaria - No one is interested in medieval roleplay.
B-but, I like medieval roleplays. ;_;

EDIT: What about school life?

Khorn

Quote from: Jake on 14-04-2013
rping a walking bag of meat is basically the same as citizen/survivor rp.

Yes, because Zombie RP is exclusively about roleplaying a shambler. You're also equalizing it to being a citizen/survivor/stalker, so essentially you're dismissing the entire post-apoc setting, which doesn't make sense to me as to why you're even here in that case?

Way to take a bad, but obvious, joke seriously.

Also, I meant a meat bag as in a human in Dino RP/Jurassic Park RP. How you figure I meant zombies, I'll never know.
Humans/survivors/citizens are there for background noise. As most players would not to want to focus on not being a citizen/survivor. Gmod players generally love suits of armor and guns.

Paintcheck

Humans/survivors/citizens are there for background noise. As most players would not to want to focus on not being a citizen/survivor. Gmod players generally love suits of armor and guns.

[spoiler]That, which is why it baffles me that zombie RP is always so popular every time this vote comes up. I've never seen a zombie server not be absolute shit for 95% of the players. The admin clique running the [insert military organization here that is always in these kind of RPs] has fun spawning zombies and "saving the day" over and over while the peasants sit around and do nothing until their application to join the cool kids club is accepted so they can have a gun too. It's boring and stupid. There's no sense of danger as a survivor because if you die, what do you care? You have nothing, given how few and far between most item spawns are you very likely will never have anything that you care about losing in your inventory and since items are the only thing people care about in Gmod there's no fear or anything. Civilians are just...there, doing nothing. Maybe they passive a bit saying "Gosh it sure does suck there's zombies everywhere" but that gets old really quick.

Zombies is a shit idea, I don't know why HGN gravitates to it and post apoc every single time this topic comes up (and I've seen at least 10 of these votes in the years I've been here). WH40k and SW are vastly more interesting ideas because they don't require that much connection to the setting-in-the server to be interesting. In zombies if you're a citizen doing nothing it's boring and no amount of lore or backstory is going to fix that. Star Wars or WH40k (and also other, more "open" post apoc settings like STALKER and Fallout) allow a player to do his/her own thing more readily. It's easier to create an interesting backstory when space travel and aliens are involved than it is to go "You're in [area of US]. There's zombies. You are a normal person." Given how bad most servers are at creating atmosphere it doesn't allow much in the way of interesting characters. I'm a college student in real life. It's not that interesting. Being a college student in a poorly-done zombie apocalypse server still isn't that interesting (replace "college student" with any other profession someone would reasonably be in such a scenario, it's still not that cool). Shooting braindead NPCs as a soldier is only slightly more interesting but you'd be better off playing Left 4 Dead or Killing Floor because you're not going to see much character development.

Star Wars and WH40k (and Fallout to a much lesser extent) have vastly more interesting universes and a lot less of a dependence on gear to make things interesting (or rather in theory it does. Given the average GModer's inability to RP beyond "get gear, hunt newbies" it probably doesn't matter that much what setting is chosen because as Crussaria showed us, players don't have the attention span to roleplay if they can't rollplay). Zombies is only interesting when you have gear because it's only when you have something to lose that there is the sense of tension and fear that there should be constantly in that environment.

EDIT: Furthermore STALKER is at like 0/45 24/7 so you all clearly don't even like Post Apoc that much. Why is Zombies still getting the majority of the vote?[/spoiler]

Silver Knight

Okay, i guess we will try out Zombie RP and see how it goes.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period