WarZ in MY Steam? I don't @#$%ing think so.

Started by Spades_Neil, 17-12-2012

Silver Knight

Never played it and i don't intend to either.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Khorn

Don't.

Currently it could be considered a scam. Since all those features are not in.

Paintcheck

I'm sure Valve really cares about your online petition.

Gonztah

WarZ could be cool if it wasn't for the 3563557 hackers on the servers, also the latest patch ruined it. The amount of zombies makes EVERYONE lag like fuck.

nKe

lolKieck

Quote from: Gonztah on 18-12-2012
WarZ could be cool if it wasn't for the 3563557 hackers on the servers, also the latest patch ruined it. The amount of zombies makes EVERYONE lag like fuck.
Yep.
Quote from: Khorn on 17-12-2012
As much as it seems to be, WarZ was registered not as a product, but as a service, so you can't kinda consider it as a scam. Besides, it is still beta. But holy fuck at the moment WarZ sucks.
Also Spades, holy fuck who cares about this poll, other than whiney and hating 13-years-old children.
Another thing, you are bloody faaamouuus. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TPLNR2B
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

nKe

Oh cool Spades, you actually posted that with your own picture and name in it.
You should drop your pants since the WarZ kids are coming for you.

lolKieck

jaik

Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Steven :D

97 supporters... I hope you feel accomplished

Frostee

Get the fuck out Spades. You haven't even played it.

Yes, they also admitted to banning legit players and have provided compensation.

When the fuck did they say this?

This is ridiculous. Valve most likely did checking and processing before they added the fucking game. I am sure that they do this with EVERY game that goes on Steam. That is why Greenlight was created.

101 people are not going to make a difference. Rhinocrunch made a petition and guess what, nothing happened. Why? Because Rhinocrunch is retarded didn't have the facts straight. Sounds like you, yes?

A bunch of hardcore elitist DayZ fags who don't want DayZ to have competition.

HitMan5523

Well, Rinocrunch did have a few things right and that's enough for me, Frosty. I'm probably never going to play the game again. It's just...bad.
I'm hip! What are you talking about!

Khorn

Quote from: lolKieck on 18-12-2012
As much as it seems to be, WarZ was registered not as a product, but as a service, so you can't kinda consider it as a scam. Besides, it is still beta. But holy fuck at the moment WarZ sucks.

Since when can a 'Service' not be considered as a scam? Their steam page* is saying their 'service' has a ton of features that aren't even in.

*The original steam page. Though the new one still has lies on it.

lolKieck

Quote from: Khorn on 18-12-2012
Quote from: lolKieck on 18-12-2012

Since when can a 'Service' not be considered as a scam? Their steam page* is saying their 'service' has a ton of features that aren't even in.

*The original steam page. Though the new one still has lies on it.
True that, but service is continuously upgraded and fixed. Doesn't really change the fact that Spades has a few valid arguments (overzealous WarZ forum mods) but I wonder why he wrote about how you lose your GC-bought items after death. It was kinda stated in nearly every FAQ of WarZ.

Spades_Neil

As of this moment, WarZ is no longer available on Steam. The page is up but you cannot buy the game. I think I've now read that Valve is looking into it and halting sales until further notice.

I'm about to reach 500 supporters, though I don't credit the petition for this. I was hoping on at least a thousand before messaging Steam about it. I think Reddit was responsible here.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-12-19-the-war-z-dev-apologises-to-gamers-who-misread-steam-page-hits-out-at-dayz-fanboys

No matter. Mission accomplished.

EDIT: Some dumb brat was pretending to be a Change.org admin lol.

Knife_cz

I like that trailer on WarZ.
He shoots everything, every survivor on sight.

That sure will kick people to teamwork eh?

lolKieck

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 19-12-2012
As of this moment, WarZ is no longer available on Steam. The page is up but you cannot buy the game. I think I've now read that Valve is looking into it and halting sales until further notice.

I'm about to reach 500 supporters, though I don't credit the petition for this. I was hoping on at least a thousand before messaging Steam about it. I think Reddit was responsible here.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-12-19-the-war-z-dev-apologises-to-gamers-who-misread-steam-page-hits-out-at-dayz-fanboys

Told ya, although I must say the gamers are a bit right about whole Steam WarZ matter. It just appears to me as a DICK MEASURING CONTEST, because both the creators and the players will argue whose fault it is, the players that they didn't read WarZ description carefully, or the developers for misleading players.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: lolKieck on 19-12-2012
Quote from: Spades_Neil on 19-12-2012

Told ya, although I must say the gamers are a bit right about whole Steam WarZ matter. It just appears to me as a DICK MEASURING CONTEST, because both the creators and the players will argue whose fault it is, the players that they didn't read WarZ description carefully, or the developers for misleading players.

Personally I don't give a shit who "wins" as long as Steam users win. I think DayZ and WarZ are both boring and terrible games. I mean, why waste time with the zombies? Wasteland on ArmA 2 seemed like a much more interesting and to-the-point idea but I've not played much of that either.

In any case, Steam is investigating the claims as we speak. I'm happy they are taking it seriously. If WarZ pops back up on the marketplace after a few days, it's because Valve decided there was no threat of scam.

For the record:
Bad game =/= Scam

lolKieck

Okay fuck that shit, WarZ is terrible.
http://www.pcgamesn.com/article/how-big-war-zs-map
Posted it here just in case someone doesn't read the shoutbox.