SRP back?

Started by Gonztah, 04-12-2013

nKe

Quote from: INA7HAN on 04-12-2013
Quote from: Nik3 on 04-12-2013
Quote from: Jake on 04-12-2013
uh do you have anything that would back up the opposite?
It's your opinion. I dont care, you pessimistic bastard.
I do, however think that HGN's SRP could be good if it was treated properly, for example have a competent SV for once.

There are new players in gmod tho. You'll never know if someone new decides to join if you dont have the server up.
Wasn't Dark Scar an SV? I mean he did a pretty good job

I thought he was only a regular admin

Gonztah

As far as I know he was just a regular admin

Dragon

Did someone say SRP? That's a little ambitious.
Would be cool to see it, though. Even if it may or may not be as good as the SRP we knew, with all of its technical faults and whatnot. Despite that though, 'twas fun.
"Is it just me, or have peoples' hands been growing out of their asses lately?"

Silver Knight

Quote from: Dragon on 04-12-2013
Did someone say SRP? That's a little ambitious.
Would be cool to see it, though. Even if it may or may not be as good as the SRP we knew, with all of its technical faults and whatnot. Despite that though, 'twas fun.

A wild headcrabs appears.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Gonztah

Well, it would seem that for SRP to last a little longer than a few weeks it would need work on the script. Unless stuff from the Metro RP that is being currently worked on can be integrated into SRP easily, I doubt anyone's going to divert major attention from that to improve the current script, at least not before Metro RP is done.

TheAndyShandy

Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14.
Warning, this news report contains flashing images.

Picto Wolf

I think it's time to just let it die. TnB are now doing it. And well i guess due to the amount of players.
To the darkness I bring fire. To the ignorant I bring faith. Those who welcome these gifts may live, but I will visit naught but death and eternal damnation to those who refuse them.

INA7HAN

I'll get SRP up and running like it used to be if you give me twenty twenty dollars
Twenty Twenty Dollars

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Rebel6609

For the sake of everyone, it's best to let SRP rest in its coffin. people want it up, they play for a little bit, problems arise as per usual, and then everyone stops playing. It's like wanting to play that old game you used to play, and then by the time you walk over to the CD collection, and walk back, you don't feel like playing it anymore. That's SRP's revival in a nutshell.

<22:23:04> "Puffles": gofuckyourselfaggot
<22:25:12> You were banned for 5 hours from the server by "Cole" (For trolling)
Never in my life have I ever had to endure 9 yearolds calling me a banana picker, and then get banned afterwards for doing nothing wrong.
Promising Young admins.

Tom

I don't want to see HGN host SRP again because its been done so many times here and it ends all the same, and TnB is also already super successful at it. The only way someone could compete with TnB in SRPs is if a new community or a new name appeared with same/same amount of cool flashy content/scripts that TnB has. Anouther community did it, made a SRP with all of TnBs content and it had a lot of players on it for a while. Probably because it was something fresh, it was a new community. Unfortunately that community died cause the community leader appointed an incompetent autist as server regulator. Otherwise it would've been nice.

I guess I'd play for a little bit for nostalgia's sake.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Gokiller

Do..I...Even. Waste 3000 more hours on SRP?

Meh I wouldent mind it again I suppose, have some more... interesting times.....

Frostee

jaik

Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Silver Knight

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Cutch

I'm honestly impressed that any of you can so quickly forget every time we brought SRP back, each time the same thing happened: A bunch of old players(and most of those were not the type of players you want in a healthy community) come back, they screw around on the server for maybe a couple weeks-two months max, then they go back to wherever hell they came from. SRP was innovative in its time, it had its day, now its time to move on to bigger and better things. Gmod RP itself has gone downhill over the past 3 years, any sort of new scripting or model/map-making is a waste of time.

Also servers require money, and whoever wants to donate to an old crusty SRP server when there is a far healthier, fresh one is absolutely stupid. Its nothing against HGN, its just a simple consumer mindset: why not buy the better product if its the same cost?

What doesn't surprise me at all is how everyone says "Oh yeah we need better admins." We had excellent admins once-upon-a-time. Then they realized that SRP had outlived its potential and it was time to put the dog down. Now the only people left that would actually play and/or administrate are those too foolish to see the truth.

SRP is dead. Let the dead be dead, put your effort towards something new.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

INA7HAN

Well Stalker hype has pretty much gone seen as the aren't any news one being made etc so players who played stalker upon release of the games and thought wouldn't it be fun to RP this have dissappeared with basically zero chance of getting news players so it'd just be all the old players really. Let's just all move onto something else Starbound anyone?

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

jaik

Quote from: INA7HAN on 08-12-2013
Well Stalker hype has pretty much gone seen as the aren't any news one being made etc so players who played stalker upon release of the games and thought wouldn't it be fun to RP this have dissappeared with basically zero chance of getting news players so it'd just be all the old players really. Let's just all move onto something else Starbound anyone?

No, no and...no.

Stalker hype has pretty much gone

Cutch

Why wouldn't you just keep working on a metro RP server rather than continue the monotony of SRP that we've had over the past five years.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

jaik

Quote from: Cutch on 08-12-2013
Why wouldn't you just keep working on a metro RP server

lack of motivation, time and a boatload of competition.
stalker rp takes no effort to set up and little effort to maintain.

Frostee

Just let it die.

Fuck.

nKe

lolKieck

Quote from: Jake on 08-12-2013
lack of motivation, time and a boatload of competition.
will we get MRP in 2016?

Quote from: Jake on 08-12-2013
stalker rp takes no effort to set up and little effort to maintain.
fourth deadly sin - sloth
besides from what I deduce from nearly everyones writing, SRP is going to use the old script silver made
which is bad
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Tom

Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14.

This describes the thread nicely.
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

SGT-Spartans

ill see if yorty cc and sticky will give it a try, we were reminiscing about it the other day.

that being said I hardly have time to play games anymore and the nostalgia will wear off rather fast.
SRP chars:
Vasilli 'Vasoline' Nikolaev - Freedom - Alive
Aleksey Ipanov - Spooky Trenchcoat Man - Alive
'Pale' - Bloodsucker - Alive

Tom

Stalker hype has pretty much gone

Oh boy.