Started by Gonztah, 04-12-2013

Gonztah

Sooo...
Quote11:26 - ReichCaptain: Yes
11:26 - Gonztah: and how fast would it be up
11:26 - ReichCaptain: practically instant
11:26 - ReichCaptain: same script as before
11:26 - ReichCaptain: same content

How many would be interested playing on the server if SRP was to be brought back? All we basically need are players interested in playing on the server, everything else is practically ready. (According to Silver anyway)

So if we get enough players interested it'll be put back up, just post here if you're interested or have something to say about it.

lolKieck

Quote from: Gonztah on 04-12-2013
Quote11:26 - ReichCaptain: Yes
11:26 - Gonztah: and how fast would it be up
11:26 - ReichCaptain: practically instant
11:26 - ReichCaptain: same script as before
11:26 - ReichCaptain: same content
Honestly, it would be better to work on something for a good while and release it in a good shape instead of releasing something bad quickly.
And please, no same script as before.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Gonztah

The only thing I didn't like in the script was the hunger and thirst shit. Take those away and it's decent I suppose. (Apart from the ammo not saving.)

INA7HAN

I like SRP and all that loved it when I first joined but the recent script wasn't finished or what ever and so I left so if it's like it used to be and working and all that I'll rejoin but if it's just going to be the same then there's no point me redownloading all the content and playing again :(

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Picto Wolf

I think SRP has dragged on and done well in the past. But after each retry it seems to end up the same way. What would be different this time for it not to go down that road?
To the darkness I bring fire. To the ignorant I bring faith. Those who welcome these gifts may live, but I will visit naught but death and eternal damnation to those who refuse them.

nKe

I would play because its srp for gods sake.

Dark Scar

I'd like to see SRP again

==============================================
If you require any help in regarding S.T.A.L.K.E.R Roleplay or any other HGN related business, feel free to ask me or any other member of the HGN staff.

SF : |HGN-STSA| Dark Scar

Gonztah

Quote from: Picto Wolf on 04-12-2013
I think SRP has dragged on and done well in the past. But after each retry it seems to end up the same way. What would be different this time for it not to go down that road?

I suppose every server dies at some point. But there are some things that seem to be quite important to get SRP going well again. We'd need interested admins who care about the server, we need them from different timezones. (US and Europe that is) And we'd need some fresh players, I'd say there's quite a few people interested in Stalker RP but who don't want to get on TnB out there. To keep them on the server we need the admin team to be active, not an easy thing to do I admit. But if we can kick it off well it should last.

Also someone to "lead" the SRP stuff, make all the decisions about the canon and so on, preferably either a single person or a small team(2-4 people). Too many members and it'll be a mess, decisions would take ages etc.

lolKieck

SRP will need much more love given to it if we're supposed to get all the people who don't want to play on TnB coming to HGN.
And no Goose on the admin team. Never again.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

INA7HAN

Nathan for Admin 2k13

Silver Knight

Quote from: Picto Wolf on 04-12-2013

It took SRP 5 years before it was truely let go, with only 1 or two hiccups along the way, including Garry's shit updates. That's an amazing length of time, especially for a gmod server (See average life expectancy of a gmod server)

TnB only exists because it's a way for Dave and friends to make money.
I suppose every server dies at some point. But there are some things that seem to be quite important to get SRP going well again. We'd need interested admins who care about the server, we need them from different timezones. (US and Europe that is) And we'd need some fresh players, I'd say there's quite a few people interested in Stalker RP but who don't want to get on TnB out there. To keep them on the server we need the admin team to be active, not an easy thing to do I admit. But if we can kick it off well it should last.

Also someone to "lead" the SRP stuff, make all the decisions about the canon and so on, preferably either a single person or a small team(2-4 people). Too many members and it'll be a mess, decisions would take ages etc.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Lucky Pig

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE GONZTAH?!

Iam333

I'd play again if it had anything but that beta stage script. Unless it got massive overhaul / update.

nKe

Dont want to derail the thread but I seriously think that every single vision-based debuff should be removed/have the effect removed from the script. That's basically what was the most annoying part in the script.

Gonztah

Quote from: Nik3 on 04-12-2013
Dont want to derail the thread but I seriously think that every single vision-based debuff should be removed/have the effect removed from the script. That's basically what was the most annoying part in the script.

Pretty much this.

jaik

what is missing from this post from it being the /thread'er, is that the demand for things listed cannot be met, therefore making srp/any kind of roleplay server irrational.

for any kind of roleplay server we lack the following:
interested admins who care about the server
fresh players
someone to "lead" the SRP stuff and leaders in general

along with a script that everybody does not hate because it's so god damn uncomfortable compared to clockwork.
just look at this realistically -- nobody will play on hgn's srp EVER and theres nothing we can do to change this. HGN is outdated, boring and unpopular. yes you might ask random people if they will play or not, but what they really mean is that they a) don't want offend you or b) just willing to try once and never give a shit again. sorry guys, but let's accept the fact that HGN is over. our core playerbase(mostly those from 2008, 2009, early 2010) has grown up and abandoned gmod forever and the rest(2010-2012) is circlejerking in tnb. you might ask if we can get the hgn-tnbers back. the answer is no we can't because they're entirely different now and tnb is doing far too well for its playerbase to just start deserting to hgn(why the fuck would they do that is another issue).
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

nKe

TL;DR

Quote from: Jake on 04-12-2013
I think HGN's SRP will never be good anymore.

CC

I'm all for SRP for the sake of nostalgia, but once that wears off; we'll be back to where we left SRP. We all loved SRP for the moments we had on it and the fun we had with some pretty cool dudes 'n shit. But it's probably best we let the metaphorical sleeping dog lie.

jaik

TL;DR

uh do you have anything that would back up the opposite?

Picto Wolf

TL;DR

Promising young admins?
To the darkness I bring fire. To the ignorant I bring faith. Those who welcome these gifts may live, but I will visit naught but death and eternal damnation to those who refuse them.

nKe

It's your opinion. I dont care, you pessimistic bastard.
I do, however think that HGN's SRP could be good if it was treated properly, for example have a competent SV for once.

There are new players in gmod tho. You'll never know if someone new decides to join if you dont have the server up.

jaik

TL;DR

It's your opinion.

nKe

...And your point is?

jaik

...And your point is?

read my initial post

INA7HAN

It's your opinion. I dont care, you pessimistic bastard.
I do, however think that HGN's SRP could be good if it was treated properly, for example have a competent SV for once.

There are new players in gmod tho. You'll never know if someone new decides to join if you dont have the server up.
Wasn't Dark Scar an SV? I mean he did a pretty good job