Obama to ban assault weapons.

Started by Silver Knight, 19-12-2012

Silver Knight

QuoteUS President Barack Obama wants to reinstate an assault weapons ban in the wake of the mass killings in Newtown, Connecticut, his spokesman says.

Jay Carney said the president was "actively supportive" of a Democratic senator's plan to introduce a bill on the first day of the next Congress.

Mr Obama would also consider curbs on high-capacity ammunition and loopholes, Mr Carney said.

Gunman Adam Lanza killed 20 children and six adults in Friday's attack.
Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20776784

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

jaik

Quote from: SilverKnight on 19-12-2012
QuoteUS President Barack Obama wants to reinstate an assault weapons ban in the wake of the mass killings in Newtown, Connecticut, his spokesman says.

Jay Carney said the president was "actively supportive" of a Democratic senator's plan to introduce a bill on the first day of the next Congress.

Mr Obama would also consider curbs on high-capacity ammunition and loopholes, Mr Carney said.

Gunman Adam Lanza killed 20 children and six adults in Friday's attack.
Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20776784

the image is stupid because simply cars =/= guns.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Ragolution

Are you...

You guys are retarded, right?

Those things already exist in MOST states.
Insurance thing was one I hadn't considered though.

Still, you're being retarded.

We don't need ak47s in our cars because we don't live in Burkaburkastan unlike you, Silver.

D33tly

Wait... How does this go under airsoft for starters?
and secondly:
Who gives a:

Paintcheck

I sure do love hearing Europeans who know nothing at all about American culture or firearms try to lecture us on how to handle them. Makes me lol hard.

Shut up. The last "Assault weapons" ban from 1994-2004 did nothing to lower crime and crime rates have actually been dropping steadily for something like the last 20 years while states loosening restrictions on firearms ownership have risen in that same time period. If guns were really the problem we should see crime rates going up, not down.

Or we could be like England and Australia who are current enjoying increases in violent crime and gun usage during crimes despite having total bans in place for the past 5-10 years. Sure is working out well for them.

Gonztah

Actually from what I know Britain has less gun related crimes, but more of every other type of crimes. (They use knives, bows, whatever they can get their hands on really)

Paintcheck

www.gunfacts.info

While it's not impartial it's got all the statistics (including citations) you would ever need to explain to idiots how wrong they are about gun control.

Some gems from that report:

"Ironically Firearm use during crimes has doubled in the United Kingdom in the decade following the handgun ban" (Reported by the London Times)

"Britain has the highest rate of violent crime in Europe and is higher than the US and South Africa" (reported by the UN)

Just 3 years after Britain's firearm ban in 1997 the British Home Office reported a 170% increase in armed robber, a 144% increase in abductions, a 130.9% increase in assaults, a 117% increase in attempted murders, 112% increase in sexual assaults and an overall 40% increase in the use of handguns over that 3 year period.

And that's just for Britain. There is also a section about how useless Australia's gun ban has worked out to be. Furthermore if guns were really the problem why doesn't Switzerland have a massacre every 10 seconds? After all, every adult male in Switzerland is required to own a Sig 550 (a full auto one at that) as part of how the Swiss self defense force works. They have a shooting crime rate about the same as Britain does with far more guns in circulation. Guns aren't the problem. Idiots are.

And since idiots also like to ignore facts I'm not looking at this shitpost again. Enjoy your dream world Silver.

jaik

Quote from: Paintcheck on 20-12-2012
And since idiots also like to ignore facts I'm not looking at this shitpost again. Enjoy your dream world Silver.

this isn't shitposting as it was meant to be in GVC, it's just that some genius decided to move this here.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Vortigoat

Who needs guns when you can have weed?

Silver Knight

Quote from: Jake on 20-12-2012

this isn't shitposting as it was meant to be in GVC, it's just that some genius decided to move this here.

It was not meant to be in the GVC. Whoever moved it was naughty.

I am against the ban, i like the thought of freedom of weapons. I was just sharing the article.

deluxulous

ugh.

how about we stop focusing on guns and start focusing on mental health care instead

Lent23

How about we focus on the government killing children in order to enforce gun restrictions?
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

Tom

How about we stop having silly threads in the wrong section.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

KingArthur

its not like the crazys get the gun legally anyway. gun control is beating a dead horse

Ragolution

Quote from: KingArthur on 21-12-2012
its not like the crazys get the gun legally anyway. gun control is beating a dead horse

lolKieck

I still don't see any problem for mandatory psychological tests for people who want to have guns. They're healthy, then they can have any gun they want.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Maxi96203

i'm not exactly a redneck
if people feel it will help regulate shootings then by all means
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

nKe

These gun bans are like DRM in games.

Quote from: KingArthur on 21-12-2012

Lucky Pig

Quote from: lolKieck on 21-12-2012
I still don't see any problem for mandatory psychological tests for people who want to have guns. They're healthy, then they can have any gun they want.

That is all very well, but I had a test like that, and it consisted of 200 questions like "Do you want to kill yourself?" or "Do you want to hurt others around you?"
I mean who would answer them truthfully even if it was so?

Vortigoat

Silver Knight

Quote from: Lucky Piig on 21-12-2012
Quote from: lolKieck on 21-12-2012

Lie test machine.

That is all very well, but I had a test like that, and it consisted of 200 questions like "Do you want to kill yourself?" or "Do you want to hurt others around you?"
I mean who would answer them truthfully even if it was so?

Knife_cz

Who changed this from Airsoft/Paintball to Airsoft/Weapons?
change it back

Airsoft has nothing to do with with real weapons, except look.
Create a separate sub-forum for weapons.

deluxulous

Otto

It'll never pass.

Haven't people learned yet that this sort of shit doesn't work here?

Tom

I'd say silver changed it seeing as, the only two positions that can change boards and board names is CSV and Director.

He changed it so that he would have a place to post this.

Oh you goofball you lol.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22