New servers discussion

Started by Silver Knight, 28-01-2016

Silver Knight

Hi Folks,

Since the only bit of life we have currently is Terraria and a Minecraft server, besides gmod servers, what other games would you like to see HGN host? This should typically be not related to roleplay, but rather fun servers for everyone to enjoy. I have thrown up a poll, your welcome to contribute unlisted choices.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Silver Knight

Let's bump, comments please. We need new staff to run these servers

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Forum Bot

Ive got a pentium 3 preped with a whole gig of ram ready to run all the servers boss.
5468696e6b206f662074686520656e7669726f6d656e742c206d616b6520726f626f7473202d206e6f742070656f706c65

Syndraell

Survival games, free for all FPS games, racing, open sourced games, etc.

I vote for cleaning up the userbase a bit and polishing the site as well... the grey and black stripes in the background doesn't hold a candle to what it used to be.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Syndraell

also bring back SS13 you wanker.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Ragolution

Is there an actual legitimate reason my thread was deleted when I was trying to drum up interest for a Minecraft server? The HGN one appears to be dead and the only real content I see here is coming out of calphori (terraria)

I tried to run a Minecraft server with you as host in he past, SK, but given the annoying issues I had with not being able to write my own BAT launch file and being forced into some clunky GUI had me seeking a host elsewhere. The original intent was to see if I could become an HGN supported server, granted a bit of interest actually bloomed, but it seems my effort went wholly ignored.

If you're willing to give me the resources to handle it, I would more than gladly run my tnfc server under hgn's banner, but previous experience has me knowing better and expecting else.

If you want me to migrate the server to hgn hardware, I will oblige. If you would like me to operate off hgn forums, I will do so happily. All I ask is that I not be shackled to that infernal GUI

VonXeno

Quote from: Ragolution on 19-02-2018
Is there an actual legitimate reason my thread was deleted when I was trying to drum up interest for a Minecraft server? The HGN one appears to be dead and the only real content I see here is coming out of calphori (terraria)

I tried to run a Minecraft server with you as host in he past, SK, but given the annoying issues I had with not being able to write my own BAT launch file and being forced into some clunky GUI had me seeking a host elsewhere. The original intent was to see if I could become an HGN supported server, granted a bit of interest actually bloomed, but it seems my effort went wholly ignored.

If you're willing to give me the resources to handle it, I would more than gladly run my tnfc server under hgn's banner, but previous experience has me knowing better and expecting else.

If you want me to migrate the server to hgn hardware, I will oblige. If you would like me to operate off hgn forums, I will do so happily. All I ask is that I not be shackled to that infernal GUI

Calfori going strong.

But yeah I kinda had similar problems with the GUI for my server. It makes updating TShock impossible by myself.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

Blake.H

Quote from: Ragolution on 19-02-2018
Is there an actual ... l I ask is that I not be shackled to that infernal GUI

What resources would you want? If you wanted to keep running it on your stuff under HGN's name and id provide you a forum, thats fine, or if you wanted a server hosted by silverknight that would work too but you're restricted to what a client would get (unless you/he could figure something out.)

ref_DevCon.smd: david star is the only heir of the ecologist throne
ref_DevCon.smd: house of blake
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

Ragolution

Forums would be cool. If the box were on the table I just want to write th launch directives. Otherwise I'm happy with my current host, but his connection is shit. 16gb ddr3 3.2ghz hyperthread quad core but the internet is spotty