Need help with fixing SRP.

Started by Monkey :), 09-03-2013

Monkey :)

Hey!

I have a problem with my Garry's mod (SRP and GMOD Tower) which unables me to play SRP completely...
When I join the server, usually within 5-20 minutes after I've joined my monitor goes completely blank and says "No Signal" causing me to restart my computer from the button on my case. My computer is very capable of running SRP as I have checked and I really do not know what to do!

I hope someone can supply me with a fix to this issue!

Thank you,

Lexo

I have no clue on your issue but I'm sure many users on here have a wide range of knowledge to help you get through your issue.

Lucky Pig

What a useful post.

Does this only happen when you try playing SRP?

It happened on another server named "GMOD Tower" before too.

Lucky Pig

So only in Gmod?

I wen't around the web searching for a solution, and the only solution they provided was that your GPU is overheating and you need to clean your fans or if your computer is in a cabinet you should take it out. Other than that I could not find anything.

IceFire

Sounds like your graphics card, update your drivers. Would be a good start. What graphics card do you have?

nKe

Sounds like your gpu's borked.
Try running some stresstests on your gpu after you have cleaned your case of all dust and updated drivers.
Also, can you tell the average of how hot your card is when youre playing games? You can check it with ie. MSI afterburner.

Lucky Pig

Actually I saw a case in which he had the most up to date drivers and all that shizzle but it still did this. Presumably because of dust and a tight fit in a closet for his computer.

Installing MSI Afterburner right now, I'll post when i get results.

Paintcheck

That does indeed sound like your GPU is taking a shit. Dust it off and make sure it is fully seated in the slot.

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Paintcheck on 10-03-2013
That does indeed sound like your GPU is taking a shit. Dust it off and make sure it is fully seated in the slot.

jaik

Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 11-03-2013
Quote from: Paintcheck on 10-03-2013

why do you quote a post without even adding anything constructive

itt hgn postwhores
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Problem seems to have fixed itself.... Next time this happened I'll start to look at my GPU.

Khorn

Quote from: Monkey :) on 11-03-2013
Problem seems to have fixed itself.... Next time this happened I'll start to look at my GPU.

I'd suggest taking a look and cleaning it up. And make sure it isn't over heating or have loose wires.

Leaving it until the next incident is stupid.

nKe

Quote from: Khorn on 11-03-2013

I'd suggest taking a look and cleaning it up. And make sure it isn't over heating or have loose wires.

But never fix something thats working.

Khorn

Quote from: Nik3 on 11-03-2013

But clearly it wasn't working. He had issues with his monitor losing signals. It temporarily fixed itself probably cause it wasn't burning itself out.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Nik3 on 11-03-2013

Because intermittently dying is "working perfectly"?

Khorn's right. It takes 20 minutes to open a computer up and clean things off. It costs $300 for a new graphics card. Are you really that lazy?

nKe

Well I'm just saying that it's not 100% sure that his GPU's dying, could've been a software problem.

Khorn

Never said it was dying, but it's mostly the cause of the problem. Since he told us his monitor lost it's signal, and when it does he has to restart his computer to get it working. It's also occurring during game.

That basically points to his GPU having some issue. So he should still clean it and maybe make sure his computer is well ventilated and cooled.

Monkey, some advice, get a temperature monitoring program or something and check out how hot your machine gets. See if you can keep track of it while trying to connect to a server. Speccy works.