Making signatures.

Started by bohi, 04-12-2011

bohi

Put what you want down there. Expect it in like a week.

Alright, examples. I'll start with non-gif ones first.

And now, gif signatures.

My first GIF ever made:

Second gif:

For my amigo:

Plunger

Bl★ck Star

Maybe make a Thread in the Artwork section as a show off room and for taking requests.

bohi

Examples are up.... lul.

Plunger

The .GIFs are a little awkward, they're very slow to reveal the text, it isn't a gradual transition, and the text immediately reverts as soon as it is fully shown.

bohi

Quote from: Plunger on 06-12-2011
The .GIFs are a little awkward, they're very slow to reveal the text, it isn't a gradual transition, and the text immediately reverts as soon as it is fully shown.

Ugh, tell me about it.

I think I need to add more frames, or something along the lines of that.

Khorn

They don't seem very.... smooth?

Plunger

A lot of them are just concept art with text added. So it's not going to look to good.

Frostee

assassin8909

I also want one please :D

Khorn

A lot of them are just concept art with text added. So it's not going to look to good.

Probably should say that they are concepts first and not just list them as examples.

Plunger

Quote from: Khorn on 06-12-2011

Probably should say that they are concepts first and not just list them as examples.
The references he uses are pretty much just concept art from games with almost no edits even for his final signatures.

bohi

Quote from: Khorn on 06-12-2011

The references he uses are pretty much just concept art from games with almost no edits even for his final signatures.

Pretty much. It's the best I can do really. (Only about a week using photoshop. This is mostly for practice.)

Assassin8909:

Frosty:

The colors do not match your name though, sorry :(

Steven :D

Using contour and stuff like that is the wrong way to get at it. Try using a better font and if you NEED to, add the Contours and stuff last.

bohi

Quote from: Steven :D on 07-12-2011
Using contour and stuff like that is the wrong way to get at it. Try using a better font and if you NEED to, add the Contours and stuff last.

Meh, the fonts look fine and so do the contours.

Snazzy

I like the Fallout one!
I had my second chance and I selfishly blew it for petty revenge on people who didn't even deserve it. I abused Exile's trust in me and now I'm banned forever. :(

Locke

The gifs are a cool idea

ThY

Arn't they a bit big for forum sigs? Just my thoughts.
I use a width of 500 pixels and a height of 90 pixels, I find this neat. - quick loading time too, easier on worse end machines. I'd recommend this size.

Recreas

Ooh, if you want you can make a Star Wars like one with Recreas in it :)
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Maxi96203

P.S.

As far as I'm aware this person doesn't play on the community anymore due to his administration responsibilities on another server. He may come back but I don't know, he hasn't played for a while.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

whyku

Can you make me one?

Want that goes with CRP please.