Lucid dreaming

Started by Szenti, 02-01-2012

darkzerxx

I tried it last night and almost had it. It was so weird when I saw a rock I went to grab it and half a room appered then I woke up. I'm going to try again tonight.
Ex-Duty-converted Monolith:|Draco 'Dice' stellem|Decease
Stalker/Trader:|Dracovich Raka|Alive
Eco:|Dr.Richard L. Vangraff|In zone
Stalker:|Scarler 'becca' Owen|Alive
Ex-freedomer-duty:|Levi'Fox'Krillen|Alive
Stalker:|Taylor 'trinity'|Alive
Sucker:|Hunter|Alive
Military:|Scarlet Stroik|alive

Reorp

I tryed it, but it sort of ended up.... I heard a sound of someone practically slamming their body against the bricks of my house. That made me jump straight out of anything that I had started.

deluxulous

Quote from: Ragolution on 04-01-2012
If you've never had sex before (I'm looking at you, pistolkid)

so quoting someone else's information = im wrong? cool stuff

Frostee

Wait, so do your eyes have to be closed while you do this, or?

Ragolution

You guys are crazy.

There's two ways to do a lucid dream.

WILD and SILD.

A WILD is the easiest one to induce. Basically you wake up in the middle of the night, during your REM4 cycle and then sink back into your dream. This makes it easier for your conciousness to surface.

A SILD or MILD or FILD or whatever the fuck they call it is THE hardest. You have to go to sleep COMPLETELY aware of yourself. You cannot be drowsy, you cannot scratch an itch, you cannot sneeze. The best thing to do when trying to engage a SILD is to repeat a mantra like "I will realise I am dreaming." or something. Your body will try to simulate sensations like itchy and cold. IGNORE THEM.

You may also feel like you're paralyzed. That's perfect, you're almost Lucid. If you can't move, at all and you feel like you're trapped in your own body, close your eyes and count to five.

Open them again and you'll be dreaming.

If you start to wake up, spin around (in your dream). They say it helps. Doesn't really help me.

Yorty

Quote from: Ragolution on 04-01-2012
A SILD or MILD or FILD or whatever the fuck they call it is THE hardest. You have to go to sleep COMPLETELY aware of yourself. You cannot be drowsy, you cannot scratch an itch, you cannot sneeze. The best thing to do when trying to engage a SILD is to repeat a mantra like "I will realise I am dreaming." or something. Your body will try to simulate sensations like itchy and cold. IGNORE THEM.

You may also feel like you're paralyzed. That's perfect, you're almost Lucid. If you can't move, at all and you feel like you're trapped in your own body, close your eyes and count to five.

Open them again and you'll be dreaming.
Everything comes naturally to me with the exception of 'falling awake', which I've been trying to practice on. Weird as fuck to be able to will your body into paralysis (or at least seem that way).

Iam333

I think for some reason it could be interesting to try record yourself on camera while youre doing it, specially part when you just fall asleep.

Szenti

Quote from: Iam333 on 04-01-2012
I think for some reason it could be interesting to try record yourself on camera while youre doing it, specially part when you just fall asleep.
I would like to do it... But if my pillows start flying around, or I stand up for ten minutes and sleep while standing, or 'someone'/ghosts come in and stare at me while I'm sleeping(Since my grandmother died in this room, and my grandfather just near this room), like in Paranormal Activity, I'll just freak out.

INA7HAN

I tried to Lucid dream i just lay there and after i while my body felt like it was asleep and i had a wieght on me pushing me down. For some reason the feeling went and i didn't dream. The phobia thing is kind of making me not want to do it seen as i have aranchophobia or how ever you spell it (Afraid of spiders). Knowing my luck i will find myself having a nightmare with lots of damn spiders -.-

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Szenti

Quote from: INA7HAN on 05-01-2012
I tried to Lucid dream i just lay there and after i while my body felt like it was asleep and i had a wieght on me pushing me down. For some reason the felling went and i didn't dream. The phobia thing is kind of making me not want to do it seen as i have aranchophobia or how ever you spell it (Afraid of spiders). Knowing my luck i will find myself having a nightmare with lots of damn spiders -.-
if you worry, and think about spiders, sure you will dream with them.

Anyways, anyone can post their Lucid experiences in this thread. If not everyone, I will read it thats sure.

Dragon

I tried to Lucid dream i just lay there and after i while my body felt like it was asleep and i had a wieght on me pushing me down. For some reason the feeling went and i didn't dream. The phobia thing is kind of making me not want to do it seen as i have aranchophobia or how ever you spell it (Afraid of spiders). Knowing my luck i will find myself having a nightmare with lots of damn spiders -.-

Nightmares are a good opportunity to get over phobias.
If you happen to get one with spiders, try and find some good boots.
"Is it just me, or have peoples' hands been growing out of their asses lately?"

Vortigoat

Would you get over a high phobia by using this lucid dreaming? And if it does will you fall out of your bed or any other affects etc.?

Iam333

I was talking with my sister about lucid dreaming and she told about dream she had:
She was in the house and somebody kept knocking on the window so she went outside and seen Death. So she came to Death and told her thats shes dreaming and immortal. And flew away.

I guess when you meet spider in dream just think: "Fuck you spider this is my dream, I can do what ever I want." Throw him on ice, put balloons on his legs. Or something like that.

Szenti

I like how this thread, and lucid dreaming interests people :3.
Anyways yesterday I tried it again, and I could get my body to sleep I think, after 20-30 minutes of laying. I opened my eyes and just tried to move my arm but I couldn't it was heavy, and I was like "Am I in a dream? Or what? But I woke up I think, so didn't really dream anything.(Or I just don't remember it.) :V

lolKieck

So I tried to do WILD technique today. I was going to wake up at four AM yet when I woke up it was quarter to one. PM.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Akira

All this stuff makes me think of Alice in Wonderland... It's inspired by a lucid dream ._.

Szenti

Quote from: Akira on 06-01-2012
All this stuff makes me think of Alice in Wonderland... It's inspired by a lucid dream ._.
That man who dreamed that game must be sick. Lol

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Szenti on 06-01-2012

Not the Game.

He means the acctual story.

Szenti

Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 06-01-2012
Quote from: Szenti on 06-01-2012

Not the Game.

He means the acctual story.
Thats still a sick dream then.

Szenti

Well, I managed to get my first lucid dream (Well, atleast one I remember). It was pretty fine, I had like a big luxury house with everything I wanted in it, I wanted a basketball court I got that too, started playing, I went outside and I imagined a pool over there, jumped in it and thats all. But atleast I could control my dream, finally.

INA7HAN

Quote from: Headcrabs on 05-01-2012

Nightmares are a good opportunity to get over phobias.
If you happen to get one with spiders, try and find some good boots.
Lol i doupt boots will help, the spiders will end up being the size of the ones in eight legged freaks. If it does happen i will just dream up a AA12 :)

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Corocan

Lucid dreaming is difficult I've only been able to do it a handful of times. There are key ways to control your dreams and once you are conscious of your dreaming state they're easy to control, but you're also very prone to waking yourself so just focus on your dream. To control them and alter your environment around you, simply imagine it. Imagine it as vividly as possible and your dream will alter to your whim. It's crucial not to think of other things and focus on the one thing you're trying to alter or morph.

One more important note: Your eyes usually feel like they're closed, so don't think of opening them.

kropfi

Lucid dreaming is some freaky shit

Szenti

Quote from: kropfi on 08-01-2012
Lucid dreaming is some freaky shit
Thats for sure. Especially when you think of bad things, monsters, death, etc. before you sleep.

rommel909

I have a famous dream that I still remember today, I was eight at the time of the dream. In the dream, I was just walking along the sidewalk until suddenly I told myself, ''Fly, FLY!'' and then I flew. I then said ''MONEY! GIVE ME MONEY!'' and kept on with all of my wishes. I believe my dream lasted a week, it felt, yet it only lasted 12 hours. I didn't know what Lucid Dreaming was, I thought it was real life. So, for serious, I woke up, and threw myself off of the bed trying to fly.

That's my story, I've never had a Lucid Nightmare, just nightmares.
You can shed tears that she is gone,
or you can smile because she has lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back,
or you can open your eyes and see all she's left.
Your heart can be empty because you can't see her,
or you can be full of the love you shared.
You can turn your