Lucid dreaming

Started by Szenti, 02-01-2012

Frostee

So, can you basically do whatever you want while lucidly dreaming? Like, have some hardcore sex on top of a car?

Bucky

There is an app on the I-Tunes Store for 0.99 Cents named I-Doser. It plays bi-nural beats that are supposed to simulate highs, help you sleep better, or make you feel good. I have used the Lucid Dream function and I can say it works. Others claim it is a placebo, I disagree. Try it out, the result is different for anyone.

deluxulous

Quote from: Headcrabs on 03-01-2012
Sex during a Lucid Dream anyone? (Pretty difficult in reality, the Emotions you get tend to kill the Dream and wake you up.)

Quote from: FrostyFrosty on 03-01-2012
So, can you basically do whatever you want while lucidly dreaming? Like, have some hardcore sex on top of a car?

information is cool

Ravanger

Rov never sleeps in day time becuase of Lucid dreaming, since when I do sleep I bad shit always happens then its hard to wake up before whatever it is is gonna rape me then turn me into a blue bow ribbon.

Ragolution

If you've never had sex before (I'm looking at you, pistolkid) your mind will just generate vague pleasure. Also situations where it's hard to see, IE when you're pressed up against someone else's body tend to either shift your mind into deep, non-lucid sleep or waking up.

Ravanger

Quote from: Ragolution on 04-01-2012
If you've never had sex before (I'm looking at you, pistolkid) your mind will just generate vague pleasure. Also situations where it's hard to see, IE when you're pressed up against someone else's body tend to either shift your mind into deep, non-lucid sleep or waking up.

Basiclly you remember the feeling and then dream it up, only dream I really had sexually was one with this dead chicks corpse and I was hideing beind the corner from someone else in the dirty old house trying to rape the body of the girl but then my pistol split apart and yeah. Mainly for me it only stays in lucid state for a short time then I have to wake myself up or else I start trippen out and bad things happens. For me I always have the worst dreams when I sleep during the day time or when I sleep with my hand under the pillow even though that could be just me thinking that up.

jaik

Quote from: Ravanger on 04-01-2012

Basiclly you remember the feeling and then dream it up, only dream I really had sexually was one with this dead chicks corpse and I was hideing beind the corner from someone else in the dirty old house trying to rape the body of the girl but then my pistol split apart and yeah. Mainly for me it only stays in lucid state for a short time then I have to wake myself up or else I start trippen out and bad things happens. For me I always have the worst dreams when I sleep during the day time or when I sleep with my hand under the pillow even though that could be just me thinking that up.

maybe your whole life is a dream
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Vortigoat

Somehow i get the feeling that HGN is full of rapists and other weird fowks o.O

KingArthur

Quote from: Jake on 04-01-2012
Quote from: Ravanger on 04-01-2012

maybe your whole life is a dream

Inception Horn 10 hours

Szenti

Quote from: Bucky on 03-01-2012
There is an app on the I-Tunes Store for 0.99 Cents named I-Doser. It plays bi-nural beats that are supposed to simulate highs, help you sleep better, or make you feel good. I have used the Lucid Dream function and I can say it works. Others claim it is a placebo, I disagree. Try it out, the result is different for anyone.
I-Doser: Gates Of Hades Scott THOSE EYES FREAK ME OUT.

Anyways nothing interesting happened. I wrote on my hands 'I Am Awake', and went sleeping, thinking of "I will dream with knowing what I dream of." All I remember is myself shaving my own hair to bald, and like that is all.

Iam333

Quote from: Vortigoat on 04-01-2012
Somehow i get the feeling that HGN is full of rapists and other weird fowks o.O
Don't be ridiculous, you should visit me at home. I got really nice cellar I would love to show you.

Verne

Never tried it.

But in order to do it, you need to realise you are in a dream.

Once you realise this, you can pretty much alter the dream any way you want.

In order to remember your dreams better, it'll help greatly by writing them down, and/or go early to bed.

You'll basicly be able to have a zombie apocalypse all night erry night, or 100 Megan Fox's.

Madcombat

Titty city here I come!

Dragon

Quote from: satutas on 04-01-2012
zombie apocalypse all night erry night

Zombie Apocalypses are not cool bro.
If you have ever dreamed of one, it's fucking depressing. Almost everyone you know is dead, the world is dark and decaying and you are fighting a losing battle for survival every moment you are in the dream.

Oh, and upon that, it's fucking worse when it's combined with a false awakening.
(False awakening = Lucid Dream without you knowing, looks like an average day, getting out of bed and shit in the morning.)
Adding upon to that, I think my Subconsciousness hates me. What do, guys?
"Is it just me, or have peoples' hands been growing out of their asses lately?"

Verne

Quote from: Headcrabs on 04-01-2012
Quote from: satutas on 04-01-2012
zombie apocalypse all night erry night

Zombie Apocalypses are not cool bro.
If you have ever dreamed of one, it's fucking depressing. Almost everyone you know is dead, the world is dark and decaying and you are fighting a losing battle for survival every moment you are in the dream.

Oh, and upon that, it's fucking worse when it's combined with a false awakening.
(False awakening = Lucid Dream without you knowing, looks like an average day, getting out of bed and shit in the morning.)
Adding upon to that, I think my Subconsciousness hates me. What do, guys?

Kill yourself and post pics :>

Szenti

So, if your in a lucid dream, and you want to check yourself out in the mirror, you really don't see yourself? This is damn scary.

Verne

Quote from: Szenti on 04-01-2012
So, if your in a lucid dream, and you want to check yourself out in the mirror, you really don't see yourself? This is damn scary.

Yeah, there's loads of freaky stuff.

If you feel like the dream is coming to an end, turn around a few times.

Also, if you try to hit something out of anger, you punch in slowmotion. (When not Lucid dreaming),

Szenti

Hmm. What I always hated, when I wanted to sleep normally, and my dream is like me walking and tripping over a small rock, or a wood, anything and I just instantly wake up and feel like I'm felling (while I'm laying on my bed) and I jump around like a fish out of water. Lol

Dragon

Hmm. What I always hated, when I wanted to sleep normally, and my dream is like me walking and tripping over a small rock, or a wood, anything and I just instantly wake up and feel like I'm felling (while I'm laying on my bed) and I jump around like a fish out of water. Lol

That's just a natural twitch or jerk or something, always happens, but rarely in Lucid Dreams ironically.
Oh, and about the Mirror, you do not really see Freaky stuff in the reflection you know, it's just what you want to see. If you want to see yourself, then da; you see yourself.

I think the scary mirror shit is just a dickish move made by other Lucid Dreamers to trick new Dreamers into nightmares, (Since the folklore goes that they should expect scary shit that would induce a nightmare)
Oh, and.. guiz. Lucid Dreaming exists, da; we know that.
So do Lucid Nightmares, anyone want to hear about dem? :>

Szenti

QuoteSo do Lucid Nightmares, anyone want to hear about dem? :>
Do want.
I wanna know what I'll face(or what I can face) once I get in a Lucid nightmare. :V

Dragon

QuoteSo do Lucid Nightmares, anyone want to hear about dem? :>
Do want.
I wanna know what I'll face(or what I can face) once I get in a Lucid nightmare. :V

I'm sure you have a phobia or two, your mind or subconsciousness will put them to good use in your nightmare.
'Das right, a nightmare that you experience in a simulation of real life rather than a dream you do not control, like going from watching a scary movie to being in the scary movie.

A Lucid Nightmare does not come about on it's own, it usually comes when a Lucid Dream inspires a sense of fear in you, or if your Subconsciousness is a dick and likes to piss you off, in which case; expect plenty.

Oh, on that topic; Subconsciousness, (Often referred to as Subcon or Sub).
It's a living iteration of your mind, full of every single one of your memories and your attitude. It's the Librarian and you are the Library, it's a rendition of you but in a different form of what you might want it to be.
But that being said, it's a different person, it has a wavering opinion on you.

A few tips for Lucid Dreamers regarding their Subconsciousness:
-You can summon your Subconsciousness, just make sure you are settled into the Dream first, it's usually done by closing your eyes during the dream and speaking in a context such as 'My Subconsciousness will be behind me'.
-Do not piss off your Subconsciousness, it controls the dream more than you do, and is everything you could hope to be and more.
-Do not, IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, as your Subconsciousness what your greatest fear is. You will experience a nerve wracking Lucid Nightmare. Sure, you can try and mask it by putting on a hurrdurr badass tone, but it's your Subconsciousness here, it will tap into your greatest fear and make you face it. You will lose and you will wake up with a stained bed.
-Yes, it's a person, it does what you ask it to most of the time, but it does have a mind of it's own, so trying to make it look like a purty lady who walks around in a bathing suit 24/7 will only partially work, for they will probably wear clothes in the end. I can verify that myself with what I have wished for my Subcon to appear as. purty dragoness lady :3

Szenti

Quote-You can summon your Subconsciousness, just make sure you are settled into the Dream first, it's usually done by closing your eyes during the dream and speaking in a context such as 'My Subconsciousness will be behind me'.
I just thought about this, I open my eyes turn around and a scary bloody little girl will be there from F.E.A.R. Lmao.
And how imagining things go? So I'm standing in a pure white emptiness, and I think of "I want some flowers there, nice grass under me, etc." And it will instantly be there? Or I'll have to walk/fly around to find those places I'm thinking of? (Didn't find anything about this, on any sites.)

Anyways, I found a nice place, people write in their Dream journal, write guides, help eachother, etc.  http://www.ld4all.com  -hope noone minds me posting it here.

Steven :D

http://www.ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23715
Link to all apparently known methods, no prob.

Yorty

This thread's aroused my interest in lucid dreaming, so I've been experimenting with it over the past few days... unsuccessfully.
I do recall a few particularly vivid dreams over the past year(s), but there's one notable instance where I was attempting to induce self-hypnosis as I went to sleep. I don't remember much but that was the first time in my life I genuinely jumped out of bed, and I very rarely experience falling in my dreams. Wouldn't make sense if it were a lucid dream, but still.

Also, [zombie] Apocalypse aren't great at all. I've got to agree with Headcrabs, there was a period where I had a good number of dreams like that, and
Quote from: Headcrabs on 04-01-2012it's fucking depressing.
I'll see where this goes.

Steven :D

I have them all the time, but I don't remember most of them, just vague moments. I recall having really sad ones as well as disturbing ones. The funny thing is, the moments I remember usually happen later on in my life, ranging from days to weeks to months later.