FOnline roleplay.

Started by Knife_cz, 27-10-2014

Knife_cz

Aight so this is so far just an idea, we have about 9 people currently and we need more.
So something for introduction I guess.

1. What is FOnline?
FOnline is a mod based on Fallout 1 and 2, it uses similiar mechanics. The main thing taken straight out of Fallout 1/2 are the graphics, models, weapons and locations.
It is completly free to download, and it's under 1 GB too, so it's easy to install. And if you dislike the idea, just uninstall it.
Here is the link for the original FOnline 2238 http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?board=55.0 . The "alive" versions are Reloaded, FOnline 2, TLA MK2, and newly Ashes of Phoenix. However those servers are about PvP, fighting dungeons, leveling up, and gear whoring. Not roleplay.

2. Why not Garrysmod instead? After all we're more used to it.
We could use Garrysmod, and it has been done alot of times. However it always turned out somehow wrong at one point, or just became gearwhoring.
FOnline is easy to manage, and everything from Fallout is already there. AND everything for roleplay is already prepared, IC/OOC, stats, locations. Hell you name it.
Not to mention that creating new maps for FOnline is super easy, so we can make some dungeons. It is also pretty easy to add new weapons. However nobody will create a new suit for you, because nobody wants to waste his time on creating 1000 sprites just for one model.

3. FOnline map is rather big for X number of players.
That is why we'll decide the lore and setting once we get somewhat any idea how many players we can get. We'd most likely do some "chapters", let's say New Reno for two months, it's a big town after all. Then do some another chapter such as Vault City X New Reno fight or NCR, or maybe just cut the map in half and let players be at the north side, and do whatever they want to be there. This is subject to be discussed, and everyone should say something on this matter.

4. How do you plan to get more players?
Throught Steam Friend List and Forums. Just from my SF I've got about 5 people interested in this. If everyone asks around in their Steam Friend List, it'll go smoothly.
And throught forums, like you see it being "advertised" here.

5. Who will manage this server?
Silver offered to host the server, which I am thankful for. However it might not even kick off if we don't get any people interested.
Otherwise it should be me (Knife_cz) and Jake. I suppose we'll get some admins and such - if this thing even starts.

I guess that's all I have to say, I don't really know how to advertise such things, so if you have any questions, ask me on Steam. You can also ask in this thread.
If you like to roleplay, this certainly should appeal to you. Unless you dislike Fallout, or unless you can't get past the graphics.

I mean hell think of the oppurtunities this would give you in Roleplay. Fallout is really big, you can take on any position (Almost any). A Mob Boss, bounty hunter, scavenger, army-guy, slaver, junkie (God bless drugs in Fallout1/2), officer, trader. And those are just from top of my head. So just consider the idea.

If you have any interest, join this Steam group for any updates.
The Steam group also serves the purpose to see how many people are interested.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOnlineRP

20 Members reached, it's happening.

jaik

Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Knife_cz

I find the lack of comments rather disturbing

srgghostkilla

I would play FOnline RP, I joined the steam group last night.

Knife_cz

Quote from: srgghostkilla on 28-10-2014
I would play FOnline RP, I joined the steam group last night.
Invite your friends from terraria or something
9 people is still pretty awful

Syndraell

I'll give it a shot, obviously

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Knife_cz

Quote from: James Almasy on 28-10-2014
I'll give it a shot, obviously
Steam group please :-)

Knife_cz

10 people gathered in four days.
A good result? Not. Those are just friends from my friend list, + two from these Forums.
Appareantly nobody invited anyone from those friends, so I suppose there just isn't any interest and people prefer Terraria and Minecraft.

So, whatcha want to do. Shut down, or give it one more week? People won't invite themselves, so either we do something or we leave it as it is and it'll end like the glorious srp revival.

jaik

Quote from: Knife_cz on 30-10-2014
So, whatcha want to do. Shut down, or give it one more week? People won't invite themselves, so either we do something or we leave it as it is and it'll end like the glorious srp revival.

Ask around in other FOnline communities.

the_grub

Can I be a tunnel snake
r u avin a giggle ther m8, il bash ye fookin ead in i swar on me mum

Syndraell

Quote from: the_grub on 30-10-2014
Can I be a tunnel snake

Fuck yes. Tunnel Snakes in FOnline.

Quote from: Knife_cz on 30-10-2014So, whatcha want to do. Shut down, or give it one more week? People won't invite themselves, so either we do something or we leave it as it is and it'll end like the glorious srp revival.

Just do what you wanna do.

I got lucky with the Terraria Server, and I want to test things out... Not to mention my little bit of roleplay has been satisfied as of late.

See what People want to do.

bastidon

I hopped on the group, and got another member from HGN to join as well. Good idea, I'm hoping it happens.
I'm not an asshole, I just play one on TV.

Put me in coach I'm ready.

jaik

Quote from: Jake on 30-10-2014

knife do this and only then a final conclusion can be reached.

Knife_cz

Quote from: Jake on 31-10-2014
Quote from: Jake on 30-10-2014

knife do this and only then a final conclusion can be reached.
http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=6364.0
Already done.
I don't know FOnline 2 community personnel, so I won't post there. Althought TopHat Orange said it doesn't have any good roleplayers.
TLA MK2 is full of Russians.
Other FOnline communities are dead or are split-offs from Reloaded, and in that case they'll check the link I posted, since they originate from Reloaded.

Knife_cz

Alright, so update number one!
First goal reached - Min. 20 people that are interested. That means it's happening.

So what now? Now we're going to wait till friday (7.11) for everyone to be ready, at the friday or over at the weekend we'll have a meeting and we'll discuss where do we want to set the roleplay in, such as location, year, characters, factions involved and everything around that. Everyone should have a word in this one.

After we have that meeting, the next week will be dedicated to the server-side of "developement". As in, setting the server up, making sure it works as it should.
Then we should be ready for the launch.

Syndraell

I'll have to work Friday and the weekend.

Just post some transcripts and I'll mull them over, throwing in my two cents.

shadowheart

Seems interesting...

Returning Caphori member. Some of you may remember me as Alexander Fornet, or Kilin Goldbeard.

Knife_cz

Friday is just behind the corner, think of the ideas that you could suggest for the roleplay scenario meanwhile.
Of course, we have our own suggestions that will be presented.

Gokiller

Please no..