Does anyone ever come back here every few months to look at what used to be?

Started by DasHeadCrap, 15-10-2017

DasHeadCrap

HGN has a special place in my heart. It introduced me to actual role-playing, world building, and character creation. I was only here for the last year of Aceon 1 and was here all through Aceon 2. It was fun seeing the minecraft segment of the community and trying to forge ahead.

I'm sad to see it's all gone and has been for awhile. I doubt I'll ever forget coming home from school and seeing what people were doing in Minecraft or on the forum. I'll never forget being an Orc farmer or trying to survive Maxi's genocidal tendencies as a settler.

Most of all I'll never forget the short run as an Admin when we tried to get HGN back up in 2016. We were ambitious, maybe a bit too ambitious. All of us wanting different things with no set plans or rules and we tore eachother apart. But it was fun. We made an incredible world with incredible characters and for 3 or so months I got to be apart of that.

It's all over now. I doubt I'll ever talk to any of you again. I'm just happy that this forum gave me a place to start a life of enjoying fantasy. I'm looking into learning Dungeon Mastering and I feel that in the back of my mind I'll always know HGN is where my love of it started.

Thank you all.
Listen, man, humanity dreams of the stars for one reason and one reason only. Hot xeno ass. Don't fail us now.

Knife_cz

Recreas

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

nKe

I just made pizza, and its awesome.

Also now that the year has changed, shouldnt someone be creating a thread about reviving SRP?

Recreas

Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Silver Knight

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Knife_cz

Good old times when I used to have plenty of free time.

Gokiller

I remember when I lost most of my childhood to this place.

nKe

Quote from: Rarr on 28-01-2018
I remember when I lost most of my childhood to this place.
And your virtual virginity

Doomburger

I come back every new year, glance at my post history, and spend a few precious minutes hitting myself. It's always a learning experience.

Silver Knight

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Forum Bot

According to my diagnostics both fallout and SRP seem to be up and running. Have fun!
5468696e6b206f662074686520656e7669726f6d656e742c206d616b6520726f626f7473202d206e6f742070656f706c65

Tom

I'd be bullshitting if I said I wasn't at least a bit nostalgic sometimes.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

CPftw

This shit was great and I miss it, Aceon was also my first RP experience
pffft

CoolFeerman

Syndraell

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Ragolution

Thanks for keeping these servers up, Silver.Knight.

Slendermang

assassin8909

Yeah this is the first time checking in like 4 years. I use to play heavily in this community in the early 2010's. I donated alot then got banned for hacking. Lmao needless to say it holds a special place in my heart.