Star Wars Content Progression

Started by Silver Knight, 21-04-2013

Lucky Pig

Quote from: RG4ORDR on 30-04-2013
Quote from: Steven :D on 30-04-2013RG4 when did you come back
Because...I like star wars?
"When" not "Why"...

Silver Knight

+Added Lucre Hulk - The Trade Federation Ship.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Silver Knight

+Added Turret Mark 2 turret, orginal skin was snowy, ported it from some google sketch object.

Silver Knight

Silver Knight

Silver Knight

Silver Knight

Blazer232

Silver Knight

Working on a Weequay, it's coming along well, left arm is almost done fully, legs ned tuning up but the spine work seems good.

Silver Knight

Finished the weequay, there's one or two minor issues with it but it works fine and is not very noticeable (Mouth is slightly see-through) and the heels extrude slightly.

Silver Knight

+Added hutt. I tried rigging the hands but being a small slug creature it didn't work so well, not that i have ever seen a hutt use a weapon. So it's fine with just the head rigged on it.

Silver Knight

To note, i am in serious need of citizen skins for use with our citizen packs. If someone can skin or look around for suitable citizen reskins then that would be great.

Lucky Pig

Quote from: SilverKnight on 02-05-2013
+Added hutt. I tried rigging the hands but being a small slug creature it didn't work so well, not that i have ever seen a hutt use a weapon. So it's fine with just the head rigged on it.

They used pistols in Empire at War. If you can manage it at all, it would be better if the hands were also rigged...

Silver Knight

Quote from: Lucky Pig on 02-05-2013
Quote from: SilverKnight on 02-05-2013+Added hutt. I tried rigging the hands but being a small slug creature it didn't work so well, not that i have ever seen a hutt use a weapon. So it's fine with just the head rigged on it.
They used pistols in Empire at War. If you can manage it at all, it would be better if the hands were also rigged...

Not worth the effort, it would look terrible if rigged to the citizen skeleton.

Steven :D

Quote from: SilverKnight on 02-05-2013To note, i am in serious need of citizen skins for use with our citizen packs. If someone can skin or look around for suitable citizen reskins then that would be great.
Give me a better reason to do so and maybe I will?

RG4ORDR

Quote from: SilverKnight on 02-05-2013To note, i am in serious need of citizen skins for use with our citizen packs. If someone can skin or look around for suitable citizen reskins then that would be great.
I would say attempt to use some the KOTOR files from Plasmid if you can them anywhere and uses some the various skins for each citizen.
er

Steven :D

Quote from: RG4ORDR on 02-05-2013
I would say attempt to use some the KOTOR files from Plasmid if you can them anywhere and uses some the various skins for each citizen.
I can probably easily make an imperial officer reskin and some normal citizen reskins, thats not a problem. The only problem is I don't have any reason or motivation to do so.

Silver Knight

Working with bodygroups for citizens right now, i orginally wanted to do it so the model was per body so instead of many different bodies with different heads, just one single body with a body-group head selection. However the hl2 eyes don't work with that. I could make it so the eyes are moulded in which means that would work at the cost of eyeballs not following the player, not that we even require it?

But what i can do is put the body meshes inside the model. Here in Exhibit A you can see a bodygroup body of a citizen and bodygroup hands, now i change the bodygroup of the body to the second submodel and now you see Mace Windu's robe in-place of the citizen body. Fully functional, no problems and less models to download, edit or manage. Means a better selection of content too.

Exhibit A: http://screencloud.net/v/7Pdd Exhibit B: http://screencloud.net/v/DSYG

Silver Knight

To Note: Yes the hand texture is funny, it's not the final texture for hands.

Anyway, here's aton of sub-models i have done so far.

Citizen mesh
Mace Windu's Body Mesh
Plo Koon's Mesh
Scoutrooper Mesh
Tusken raider Mesh
Tie Pilot Mesh
This includes 3 hand meshes too.

All on the same model!

RG4ORDR

Personally I would say attempt to use the Enhanced citizens with already finished BG's and attempt to add them to the current models you've rigged and such.
er

Silver Knight

Silver Knight

Silver Knight

Silver Knight

Went with this skin, used a frog texture, scaled and blended it in and looks so much better from the orginal (first picture above)

Silver Knight