FAQ's and Tips from some one who's done the game so far.

Started by Lucidius, 11-06-2010

Lucidius

I've done alot of co-operative sleuthing about and after a while i've encountered alot of questions I myself had answered by others and questions from others.

FAQs

Q) How do I get wood? (lol)
A) You'll see wooden boxes hidden in the very corners of areas (near spawn and near a certain container) Break the wooden crates with a gun or melee and retrieve the wood. 5-6 pieces drop per box and tey respawn fairly quickly. Make sure you have enough spare room to carry all 10 at once.

Q) How do I get beer?
A) The guards on wyvern point have been rumored to have some stashed near the check point. They must be importing it from some where so, it might be in a vehicle. (check the opposite sife of the MAKO by the tires)

Q) How do I cook meat?
A) Once you've gathered some un-cooked meat there are 2 things you can do to cook it. Find a fire (much like the one near the book seller) or buy a fire starting kit from Eli. Once you make or find a fire and are near it, open your inventory.

After you read a tradeskill book you can use the skill in the library and if you have all the right shit and are in the right spot you'll start cooking/doing whatever.

Q) Where do I get Oil?
A) Up on the hill where the 3 bandits spawn, you'll see a metal barrel behind some crates, go search it. You'll need some one who can kill them or alot of healing to make it past

Q) Where do I get Ramsey's tools?
A) They're by the pop machine currently. They move around sometimes though.

Q) Where's Garry?
A) He's on the left side of the ice swarmer spawn area past the lake.

If you got anymore questions, just post here and i'll try to answer them.

Currently Wrenches don't drop, just FYI.

Auction House

Generally if your selling something, don't sell it for more then it's worth. It's courteus to sell something that comes in bunches at a discounted price, here's an example.

Say, you can sell Swarmer Meat for 15 each. You have 6 pieces and you decide to sell all of it. You can eather sell all the pieces individually for 25-30 (1.5-2x sell price so you make a profit AND people will seek out your wares) credits each, or you can clump them together in say a group of 3 and 3 or all 6 (for some one who needs them for questin or crafting). 150 credits for all 6 at 25 a pop, shaving off a few credits and dropping it to 130 is generally a nice thing to do. Your making more then selling it to the shop and your encouraging bulk purchasing, which helps the economy.

As for common drops that are better then store drops (See, armories best helmet vs skull cap), I generally sell my Skull Caps for 550-620 where as the armory hats that are worse sell for 720. Why? Because Skull Caps are piss common drops. Keep rarity and such in mind when thinking of a price.

Misc.

If you feel like charging for services, keep in mind that, an average zombie drop is about 12-18 credits, so for some one who's around lvl 4 asking you to take out bandits, or if your hiring a noob to hold ammo for you, charge them at a rate pre-portional to the task's over-all money income and or time it takes.

Example, you hire some one who's lvl 14 to take out some bandits for you so you can run in and grab oil. It should take abuot 5 minutes so, give them 5 credits a minute (for a short task anyways) and maybe 1/4th your quest's income I think you get 400 credits for that oil quest so, 150 credits seems a fair amount for doing all the grunt work. Make any suggestions, this is just something I come up with now. I normally help people for free but if people are going to be charging i'de like to have it at a reasonable rate/cost.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

deluxulous

I love how Lucidius is much more helpful than F1 ever was :c

Silver Knight

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Predu

Q) Where's Garry?
A) He's on the left side of the ice swarmer spawn area past the lake.

*Predu gets his chainsaw and starts screaming, running towards the mentioned place. "You stop ruining SRP guddmnait!"