DeadFall *Information Thread*

Started by Silver Knight, 14-04-2013

Silver Knight

DEADFALL

Please Note, nothing is set in stone, infact this is an old thread, somewhat rejuvenated, so yeah it's WIP.

What is DeadFall?

DeadFall is your typical zombie apocalyptic Roleplay revolving around the collapse of civilization and the rather fast demise of humanity. Those who are left are either very lucky to have escaped such a fate or are immune to the many variations of the disease which has caused the zombie mutations to develop.

How did the outbreak start?

No one quite knows how this event occurred but it's rumored that the first case appeared in Africa which explains how it spread so quickly with such a dense population it spread very fast and due to the nature of the disease it was untraceable until a few days to weeks when the contracted disease takes over. That's the airborne case, however being bitten can take from a few minutes to several hours.

What are these "Zombies"?

There are several types of zombies, the most common are ramblers or their scientific name "H-A221", slow moving yet perfectly fatal, they are not too intelligent and only follow basic needs to maintain themselves and stay alive.

Type 2 or "H-B612" are fast moving zombies, somewhat intelligent and can easily find access into buildings through holes, they have the capacity of a 5 year old at problem solving and are very dangerous in groups, potentially these are common but it depends on the area. They prefer to stick to groups and have been seen to show the territorial behavior and sometimes attack Ramblers.

There are also various reports of "special" zombies ranging from all types and sizes with superior intelligence although the ports are vague and there has only been a few sightings although some reports do add up to some of these rumors such as the SkyDown Military base in Dallas which was overrun in a matter of hours even though there was at least 60 personal maintaining that base at the time, most soldiers were found to have had full ammo loaded in their weapons and yellow like acid marks were found around where the bodies should be.

Factions

This faction stuff is from the old DEADFALL thread. Posting it here to debate about and reference.

Military
What's left of the military are mostly scattered around in groups, they are somewhat organised although there is no longer any HQ or command to supply orders so they are only following what they were trained to survive and help. Although in most cases they only act upon their own interests and have been known to be hostile to survivors who they deem a threat to their "society".

The Military are gone, they failed and now they are dead.

LoneWolves
Bandits, Merc's and criminals, people who are willing to do something for a price and take care of their own, they don't generally shoot survivors but they will strip you bare and take your supplies if they catch you. As one bandit claimed "bullets arn't cheap".

Valor
Ex Servicemen, Police and once civilized men are the kind of people in valor, they try and help out survivors and have a hobby of hunting down zombies, they typically war with the LoneWolves and have several disputes with the military over resources and land although they generally try not to get involved with them.

Templar Union
Anarchists, Devil worshipers and racists are in the Templar Union, they are generally hated by all other factions, they want to create a "Superior" race in the new world and are always seen fighting other factions, although they are generally neutral with the Lone Wolves. Their main goal is to either convert those into the Templar Union or remove them from the world entirely.

Sub-Factions

Traders/Caravans
People who are still trying to make a living in the dying work, they get by with what they find and loot from buildings and sell it off to survivors and factions, although there's not much profit to make, food ammo and weapons are always things they are interested in. These people also repair weaponry and mold bullets for ammo.

Scientists/Researchers
Even though the governments of the world and the fact that the world is now covered in darkness, these people still try to find the "cure" to the disease, although no one has yet to make a breakthrough. These people collect artifacts, samples and other unique specimens for research, trappers are often selling zombies to the scientists for experiments. Scientists also help with development of better weaponry in exchange for these services.

Crafting

I am thinking Deadfall will sport a simple 4 slot crafting system (Already exists) for crafting suits, guns, ammo etc since money has no value bartering is key.

Core resources would be:

Wood, Cloth, Metal.

Scrap pointless junk into one of those 3 types and keep useful junk for crafting items.

Some examples:

Find a TV, Scrap it, get 10 metal parts and 5 electronics.

Of course, debate about it. It's just a idea, might not work in practice.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

CC

I say that we start new with everything. Just IMO!

Plunger

First of all. No genre savvy survivors. In this Canon zombie movies, and books have never existed. Second, guns are incredibly rare, and attract zombies, meaning two assault rifles at the max for the whole server. Third, get good RP'ers.

Dstirling

I like it, disagree with plunger, i think weapons should be abundant but mostly player made. And maybe the nicer weapons from before the outbreak should be more rare. Just my opinion.

Steven :D

Quote from: Plunger on 14-04-2013
First of all. No genre savvy survivors. In this Canon zombie movies, and books have never existed. Second, guns are incredibly rare, and attract zombies, meaning two assault rifles at the max for the whole server. Third, get good RP'ers.
who needs assault rifles anywyas... improvised weapons ftw

CC

Quote from: Dstirling on 14-04-2013
I like it, disagree with plunger, i think weapons should be abundant but mostly player made. And maybe the nicer weapons from before the outbreak should be more rare. Just my opinion.

I agree with this to an extent. It would also be really dumb to see survivors everywhere with guns, lol. I love the idea of improvised weapons. . >_> but I think that it should be kept within a certain limit. Of course unless it's legitimately made, which they all should be in the first place.

Plunger

What do you mean mostly player made. How the hell would all the players realistically make assault rifles from scratch?

Khorn

What do you mean mostly player made. How the hell would all the players realistically make assault rifles from scratch?

What do you mean, I find gun barrels and stocks all day when I walk around.

CC

Haha, I thought he meant something like improvised melee weapons or something like that to better combat zombies. I'm not really down for 'custom shootas'. Again, within sensible boundaries.

Bl★ck Star

FINALLY DEADFALL IS BACK <3

IceFire

Personally, I would rather have no "factions" and see what happens as an experiment. Possibly the occasional scientist character for events and such.

Edit: Also, couldn't we do something a bit more creative rather than the same old typical zombie background? C'monn you've got a whole world out there, try make the back story at least slightly interesting? I know Brandon has written a pretty good back story.

INA7HAN

Templar Union? Sounds like Nazis.
Please let me be a templar Union person i can be a good racist and I like listening to Rucka rucka ali so I'm good at being racist.

Rucka Rucka Ali - I'm Obama

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Lexo

Quote from: INA7HAN on 15-04-2013
Templar Union? Sounds like Nazis.
Please let me be a templar Union person i can be a good racist and I like listening to Rucka rucka ali so I'm good at being racist.

Rucka Rucka Ali - I'm Obama

This made me smile :)