Whats up with hgn?

Started by Atee, 17-09-2011

Atee

I've heard a lot of great things about HGN, and really wanted to check it out, but I look at the server's and they're pretty much dead, I haven't seen a single player on.

This frustrates me as HGN has a lot of cool content, unlike most FONV communities & such.

Is there a different IP now, or is HGN dead?

HitMan5523

The servers haven't been updated. We're just waiting for them to get updated. Usually the servers have ATLEAST 10 players or so.
I'm hip! What are you talking about!

Atee

Quote from: HitMan5523 on 17-09-2011
The servers haven't been updated. We're just waiting for them to get updated. Usually the servers have ATLEAST 10 players or so.

Alright, I just really want to try out the New Vegas RP.

I myself own my own community called Quantum RP, but I might just start playing at HGN instead if it proves to be 'good' enough, maybe even transfer my playerbase over.

Might become an issue transferring some over, as some of my playerbase are InfusionGaming.net players also, and they would receive flame from their community.

Khorn

Problem is, we don't have a New Vegas RP.

Atee

Quote from: Khorn on 17-09-2011
Problem is, we don't have a New Vegas RP.

/facedesk

Yet there's a entire forum board dedicated to it?

HitMan5523

It's actually just Fallout RP :P It takes place in the Massachusetts Commonwealth. It takes place in the2270's or 2280's. Hasn't really been decided or I haven't been told.

Reorp

Quotebut I might just start playing at HGN instead if it proves to be 'good' enough,
"Good Enough?", Honestly, This is one of the best or biggest, most serious role play communities. Besides the gay vampire castle, And some certain people that used to be here... Or are still here and need a ban.. EVERYTHING is fine.

Quotemaybe even transfer my playerbase over.

Might become an issue transferring some over, as some of my playerbase are InfusionGaming.net players also, and they would receive flame from their community

Honestly, -Transfer-..... Urggh... I hope that doesn't include.. 'Admin and supervisor' Positions moved over also..

Atee

Quote from: Reorp on 17-09-2011
Quotebut I might just start playing at HGN instead if it proves to be 'good' enough,
"Good Enough?", Honestly, This is one of the best or biggest, most serious role play communities. Besides the gay vampire castle, And some certain people that used to be here... Or are still here and need a ban.. EVERYTHING is fine.

Quotemaybe even transfer my playerbase over.

Might become an issue transferring some over, as some of my playerbase are InfusionGaming.net players also, and they would receive flame from their community

Honestly, -Transfer-..... Urggh... I hope that doesn't include.. 'Admin and supervisor' Positions moved over also..

A transfer isn't a merge.

Only my playerbase would go over, not their ranks, or items.

Reorp

A transfer isn't a merge.

Only my playerbase would go over, not their ranks, or items.

From most other communities that I have been to... A Merge and a transfer were usually the same.

Khorn

Jeez Reorp, do you honestly think that Silver would let admins from another community keep their ranks if they popped over here?

And also, remember, it's not New Vegas RP. It does not take place in the Mojave Desert nor California. Not even Washington D.C.

Atee

Quote from: Khorn on 17-09-2011
Jeez Reorp, do you honestly think that Silver would let admins from another community keep their ranks if they popped over here?

And also, remember, it's not New Vegas RP. It does not take place in the Mojave Desert nor California. Not even Washington D.C.

Then where is it located?

._.

HitMan5523

It takes place in the Massachusetts Commonwealth.

Atee

It takes place in the Massachusetts Commonwealth.

**Facedesk**

Reorp

Atee

Guess I'll have to play on the server for a few weeks or so to get the feel of the canon & to see if I like it.

I've only played (Also beaten) Fallout 3 & Fallout: New Vegas.

Could someone give me a quick link/summary on what the canon is like?

Also curious about the climate, factions (and their state), and how messed up the economy is on the server.

Ragolution

Just come play on Aceon/Minecraft for now.

Caphori is basically the only server that's not out of date, but at least minecraft is playable.

Atee

Quote from: Ragolution on 17-09-2011

Caphori is basically the only server that's not out of date, but at least minecraft is playable.

I only take interest in Serious RP.

Reorp

Quote from: wutnoobdoes on 17-09-2011
Guess I'll have to play on the server for a few weeks or so to get the feel of the canon & to see if I like it.

Also curious about the climate, factions (and their state), and how messed up the economy is on the server.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Role-Play Is where it is at!

hitmanIsDerpacuda

Atee

Haven't honestly played any of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. 

I've also heard that child characters don't exist in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. roleplay, and I pretty much only RP child characters.

Of course I'm not a rambo with them, I just like RPing them.

Reorp

Haven't honestly played any of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. 

I've also heard that child characters don't exist in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. roleplay, and I pretty much only RP child characters.

Of course I'm not a rambo with them, I just like RPing them.
I don't think our servers... Actaully.. Allow any characters under 19 or so. Last time I checked.. You had to get a shit load of auths or be an admin to have a child character.. OR they are just completely banned or shunned, Whatever.

Paintcheck

Pretty much that. FO has been dead for months mostly due to some horrendous decisions on the admin side of things. That and the players that did show up were mostly retarded illiterates who thought it was New Vegas or FO3 instead of actually reading the canon posted in the forums. SRP is the only Gmod server that ever sees any activity these days and it's been that way for a long time. It's currently down due to the Gmod update but it will be up again shortly (is my guess).

Also child characters are not allowed without admin authorization in FO last I checked although since FO is 0/45 every day of the week I haven't checked very often. STALKER is naturally no children at all ever for obvious reasons.

Steven :D

Quote from: Ragolution on 17-09-2011

Currently, Caphori/Aceon are the only ones currently up.

Reorp

Quote from: Paintcheck on 17-09-2011

Pretty much that. FO has been dead for months mostly due to some horrendous decisions on the admin side of things. That and the players that did show up were mostly retarded illiterates who thought it was New Vegas or FO3 instead of actually reading the canon posted in the forums. SRP is the only Gmod server that ever sees any activity these days and it's been that way for a long time. It's currently down due to the Gmod update but it will be up again shortly (is my guess).

Also child characters are not allowed without admin authorization in FO last I checked although since FO is 0/45 every day of the week I haven't checked very often. STALKER is naturally no children at all ever for obvious reasons.
This

Atee

If it's dead... why don't they just release their content for public use?

Reorp

If it's dead... why don't they just release their content for public use?

Other communities already steal our shit, Even communities that don't even use stalker or FORP. We takes pride in our work and content. If they want their own, Premium, Nice content and servers, They need to make it theirselves.