What Caphori Needs...

Started by Syndraell, 28-09-2012

Syndraell

Is a true reset.
I say this because Caphori is currently dead. And the way it currently is is further killing it. We really need to plan this all out; for i would like to go all the way back to square one. Caphori: the way it was before, and it should be.

I'm going to start firing off suggestions, and hope that that they will recreate Caphori as the way it was meant to be. I appreciate any comments/suggestions/criticism!

Alright, here goes.

Abolishing the RPR rating, it's useless.

Enforcement of the "No reckless mining" rule (Violators will be forced to fix their own mess)

Character Sheets are not a Necessity; More of a "Showcase"

Getting rid of the current storyline "waking up in a vault" STILL points back to there were original maps.

Inventing a storyline that isn't half-cocked

RP more, Mine less.

Designated Mining Areas.

Actually creating a marketplace

Me going Back to just being Leonardo of Caphori.

Possible event of uniting the lands against unspeakable evils

Recrowning Leonardo as King/Finding a more Suitable lord.

Everyone wants to meet the king? He's got more important things to do than shake hands and entertain guests.

Cleaning up the Board. (It seems very damned cluttered to me)

Server Suggestions

Getting rid of a lot of gear. this is an RP server.

Class system, Quests, and other goodies.

An arena to fight for Fame, Fortune, and wealth.

Make Fame/Infamy logic

Bounties for players who are negative/Positive. (Can only be collected once.)

Reputations as "Class Name", will affect you later one

No current factions, start from beginning as travelers from distant nations.

Positive/Negative Class Upgrades.

Promotion of classes

Class warfare (meaning that fame could take a king back down to serfdom) (WIP)

Hero class Will be the hardest/highest to obtain

Currently working on:
Class/Title system: 25%/100%

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

bastidon

Hello everyone. I'm not back yet, or even decided if I am coming back. If you don't know who I am, I was once a mod on this server, I left around the time the most recent revamp happened. I'mg glad this is out here. Caphori is currently gone, I say...burn it. Burn the entire thing and rebuild it brick by brick, better story, a close review to the rules (or at least the ones I saw when I left.) , and a general improvement in RP. I remember my very first day, I wasn't the greatest when I came to Roleplay. I had three people pull me aside privately and politely, help improve my RP. That's what we need. People willing to help others increase RP, designate really good RPers to help specifically? Maybe. Just as a community help everyone else? I'd prefer that. I tossed in my two cents, go ahead and try to help.
I'm not an asshole, I just play one on TV.

Put me in coach I'm ready.

Steven :D

Quote from: bastidon on 28-09-2012
Hello everyone. I'm not back yet, or even decided if I am coming back. If you don't know who I am, I was once a mod on this server, I left around the time the most recent revamp happened. I'mg glad this is out here. Caphori is currently gone, I say...burn it. Burn the entire thing and rebuild it brick by brick, better story, a close review to the rules (or at least the ones I saw when I left.) , and a general improvement in RP. I remember my very first day, I wasn't the greatest when I came to Roleplay. I had three people pull me aside privately and politely, help improve my RP. That's what we need. People willing to help others increase RP, designate really good RPers to help specifically? Maybe. Just as a community help everyone else? I'd prefer that. I tossed in my two cents, go ahead and try to help.
I'm okay with this.

Syndraell

The first days I played on this server...

I will never be able to summarize the right words of it's greatness.

It is the First Caphori that was the greatest. all the other maps, all the other ideas were just half assed copies.

I honestly hope that it can be turned back to that. or as close as we can possibly get.

INA7HAN

1) We need a wider variety of jobs than warriors/bandits/super ninjas

2) Maybe we should find a mod which improves rp but doesn't add a fuck tonne of new uber weapons and armour.

3) When a new map is made stop making a fucking castle that takes up half the spawn area. We don't need a giant castle it is never used and it just gets in the way.

4) We actually need people to actually want to play before just wiping, no point wiping if no one is going to play.

5) We need more admins which can help enforce rules and look after the server.

6) Less people who are just playing to get gear and win at the game.

7) Actual rp which isn't stupid

8 ) Can I keep my character so I don't lose all my backstory and hard work? :3

9) We need people who actually and not just people who join and then leave the next day. We need to keep all the players that join if they're good rpers

10) We need a proper marketplace where we can trade items and have people for seperate roles. A swordsmith (Sells swords) An armoursmith (Sells armour) Wizard (Sells wizard shit) Alchemist (Sells potions) have a pup/bar/ tavern which is actually run by someone and used by people to rp in.

11) Better characters with actual stories than, parents died so he joined military.

12) We need people who actually want to play peasants/poorish people. It's strange living in a town/city where everyone has a set of armour mostly good armour. Not even fantasy games have everyone with armour.

13) Believeable races

14) No freaking vampires!

15) Make more than one village with a different backstory and people (Stealing from skyrim here) so players can chose which race/people they prefer. So if someone likes a strong war like people they go to said village, if they like to be diplomatic and solve fights with words they go to so and so.

16) Don't change the time and date to a few more hundred years or people will start saying "Well by now people will probably have made laser guns and jetpacks"
Just make it a new land, people can then choose wether to bring their old characters over (I mean this by backstory only or even their items depending)

17) More stories/ events that will keep people interested. Vary them from battles to simply finding a gem or something simple. Not everything has to be slashy slashy.

18) Make factions better/ official ones, maybe each village with it's own race/ sub set of humans can be a different faction.

That's all I got I hope you read this and give your opinions on what is said.

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Crow793

Too many leaders, not enough followers. This was what I think was the main problem.

My ICly proposition: Abolish all user-made factions. Create like 3 main factions that center around the storyline, and players can choose their alignment from there. Rping is no fun when everybody is a leader of something. And with more players in each faction, great Rp events such as wars, sabotage, espionage, and even corruption and "Romeo and Juliet"-esque moments could emerge.

I started Al-Ataf and didn't get one member. It got dull as all hell. I imagine the same happened with the city guard, the Karnac, etc.

OOCly proposition: Not as huge a problem this world, but moreso in the past. Don't give Mods high ranking RP positions just because they're mods. Judge it on RP alone.

---

I also may recommend the abolishment of all armor and weapons shadow(Armor, night's edge, etc.) and above, excluding vanity items and accessories. (HM items still approval based, of course.) I feel like Rp would be more interesting if everybody didn't use overpowered items. A city of folk with silver swords and iron armor seems more realistic to me. Not jungle armored rocket boot ninja shadow demon soldier gods.

Syndraell

Quote from: INA7HAN on 29-09-2012
1) We need a wider variety of jobs than warriors/bandits/super ninjas

2) Maybe we should find a mod which improves rp but doesn't add a fuck tonne of new uber weapons and armour.

3) When a new map is made stop making a fucking castle that takes up half the spawn area. We don't need a giant castle it is never used and it just gets in the way.

4) We actually need people to actually want to play before just wiping, no point wiping if no one is going to play.

5) We need more admins which can help enforce rules and look after the server.

6) Less people who are just playing to get gear and win at the game.

7) Actual rp which isn't stupid

8 ) Can I keep my character so I don't lose all my backstory and hard work? :3

9) We need people who actually and not just people who join and then leave the next day. We need to keep all the players that join if they're good rpers

10) We need a proper marketplace where we can trade items and have people for seperate roles. A swordsmith (Sells swords) An armoursmith (Sells armour) Wizard (Sells wizard shit) Alchemist (Sells potions) have a pup/bar/ tavern which is actually run by someone and used by people to rp in.

11) Better characters with actual stories than, parents died so he joined military.

12) We need people who actually want to play peasants/poorish people. It's strange living in a town/city where everyone has a set of armour mostly good armour. Not even fantasy games have everyone with armour.

13) Believeable races

15) Make more than one village with a different backstory and people (Stealing from skyrim here) so players can chose which race/people they prefer. So if someone likes a strong war like people they go to said village, if they like to be diplomatic and solve fights with words they go to so and so.

16) Don't change the time and date to a few more hundred years or people will start saying "Well by now people will probably have made laser guns and jetpacks"
Just make it a new land, people can then choose wether to bring their old characters over (I mean this by backstory only or even their items depending)

17) More stories/ events that will keep people interested. Vary them from battles to simply finding a gem or something simple. Not everything has to be slashy slashy.

18) Make factions better/ official ones, maybe each village with it's own race/ sub set of humans can be a different faction.

That's all I got I hope you read this and give your opinions on what is said.

1. True, we need to have a sort of class system.
2. Heard of one in development, but is still a WIP.
3. Right, i'll put it in a different district. Still want to do the cathedral idea. (spawning in a church reminds me of dragon warrior.)
4. It's gonna be hard to get people on, maybe i could post a bit in the Caphori group.
5. Nachytsm- He (was) more active than most of the other admins, maybe including myself.
6. I think gear should also be classed. but what would be a good way of classifying people? (Like peasant,serf,commoner etc.)
7. RP Better, Mine Less.
8. I will allow that, but he'll be coming from a distant land (same goes for anyone who wishes to do the same)
9. Two weeks MIA=AFK list. 1 Month absent=Remove from List
10. Everyone wants to make potions. So potions could be classified into classes as well (everyone can make low-teir health potions.)
11. Character sheets can also be classified as a journal system (But not a necessity.)
12. Tiers. there should be a class system, and hopefully i can figure out a system which measures class (like gold or something)
13. Alright, I guess we could create a races thread. (Custom races will have to have balance)
14. ...Unless they actually know how to play one. (Literal research of Vampyric Lore required. No Sparkling Allowed)
15. I guess we could draw up some plans to make specific villages. (I'm leaning to the "No current monarchy idea")
16. Medieval/revolutionized. Guns are allowable, but not modern guns/space stuff.
17. Still working on the "Forbidden Kingdom"
18. We'll start out with no factions. guilds are an acceptability. (anything over 5 members should apply to be a faction.)

bastidon

I'm liking the progress I'm seeing, and I think I saw something about no established government. I think that'd be good, three towns splinter off and debate (or pillage and murder) their way to becoming the new order. Each town with a different view, each wanting to become the power, James and I talked a little about all these ideas last night, and We'd been thinking in some event in the future where that had to join together against a mighty evil. A bit like the Resistance and The Monarchy joined up against this evil race of purgers who wanted every one who wasn't a human that didn't use magic to die. That'd all work out nicely and give quite a bit of quality Role play.
I'm not an asshole, I just play one on TV.

Put me in coach I'm ready.

Syndraell

Quote from: bastidon on 29-09-2012
I'm liking the progress I'm seeing, and I think I saw something about no established government. I think that'd be good, three towns splinter off and debate (or pillage and murder) their way to becoming the new order. Each town with a different view, each wanting to become the power, James and I talked a little about all these ideas last night, and We'd been thinking in some event in the future where that had to join together against a mighty evil. A bit like the Resistance and The Monarchy joined up against this evil race of purgers who wanted every one who wasn't a human that didn't use magic to die. That'd all work out nicely and give quite a bit of quality Role play.

It's a start for sure. I guess the Forbidden Kingdom event ties in with the "forces of evil"

matter

Quote from: INA7HAN on 29-09-2012

Damn it

Quote from: James Almasy on 29-09-2012

14. ...Unless they actually know how to play one. (Literal research of Vampyric Lore required. No Sparkling Allowed)

Much better idea
---------------------------------

Abolishing the RPR rating, it's useless.

True. I say down with it.

Enforcement of the "No reckless mining" rule (Violators will be forced to fix their own mess)

This could be done with region protection, but it'd be hard to make a house when you can't place or destroy tiles.

Character Sheets are not a Necessity; More of a "Showcase"

Nobody uses character sheets really anyway, they already are more of a showcase.

Getting rid of the current storyline "waking up in a vault" STILL points back to there were original maps.

This story line was kinda ruined when Kami left and the fates "vanished". So yes a new story line is recommended.

Inventing a storyline that isn't half-cocked

Well yes. The story is nice and all, but it doesn't work for continuing with lots of people. Most didn't even pay attention to it.

RP more, Mine less.

This should go without saying, but what's the first thing I notice when I get back? All the dungeons have been looted completely.

Designated Mining Areas.

Not something I really recommend unless you set up something like Molko's mine where the minerals are regenerated by some mystical force. Other wise the mine areas will be stripped in no time.

Actually creating a marketplace
Yes. We need specific people doing marketplace jobs. I remember last map Pumilionis was like the only person who sold things on a regular basis, and somehow he still maintained a good RP. So you can do a small job and RP people. Just be creative.

Me going Back to just being Leonardo of Caphori.

Like a normal citizen? Sure. Hell, we could start completely over and be like pioneers or something.

Possible event of uniting the lands against unspeakable evils

Been there done that. Doesn't get old though. Just need to be more original. Demon invasion from hell? Done it. Army of goblins coming to raid the land? Sure thing and doable with TShock.

Recrowning Leonardo as King/Finding a more Suitable lord.

I think this is the perfect time to take over finally. That is if people would name me king. No objections to Leo becoming king again though.

Everyone wants to meet the king? He's got more important things to do than shake hands and entertain guests.

And that's why he needs some personal staff. Royal guard, royal scribe, ect.

Cleaning up the Board. (It seems very damned cluttered to me)

But what about all the funny old conversations we've had? If we can somehow keep them then I'll agree to this.
Make me...

Syndraell

Shame they never made "Skeleton Army" an actual raid event.

2ktaco

What Caphori needs: 3rd Dimension

Prism

Quote from: 2ktaco on 29-09-2012
What Caphori needs: 3rd Dimension

Third dimension is too mainstream, it like has currents, man.
Praise be the dolphin.

vatovie

Back from my week long being gone and this sounds great.
I hope I can keep the backstories of my two characters one is a merc and the other is a scholar who can only run away really well when it comes to combat.

INA7HAN

We need things like this for custom races
Race: Jalis (Human sub culture)
Strengths: Strong, Skilled warriors, good leadership skills, cannot become corrupt
Weaknesses: Not good with firearms, cannot use corrupt items, cannot use magic
Backstory: BLAH BLAH BLAH (Insert valid backstory here)
(Put some more things in maybe)
Last edited by James Almasy
Custom race accepted
or
Custom race denied
Admins become in control of custom races and the race of your character should be stated when you make your application, if you want to be a custom race, you have to fll out the form for being one where it can be accepted or denied by admin. If race is denied they can still join server but as something more common like a human or elf, or they can pick from an already made custom race made by another player.

Syndraell

Quote from: INA7HAN on 30-09-2012
We need things like this for custom races
Race: Jalis (Human sub culture)
Strengths: Strong, Skilled warriors, good leadership skills, cannot become corrupt
Weaknesses: Not good with firearms, cannot use corrupt items, cannot use magic
Backstory: BLAH BLAH BLAH (Insert valid backstory here)
(Put some more things in maybe)
Last edited by James Almasy
Custom race accepted
or
Custom race denied
Admins become in control of custom races and the race of your character should be stated when you make your application, if you want to be a custom race, you have to fll out the form for being one where it can be accepted or denied by admin. If race is denied they can still join server but as something more common like a human or elf, or they can pick from an already made custom race made by another player.

I'll only deny it when it's so god awful/ridiculous. I will give them the chance to try to balance their race(s). and once a valid race idea/backstory/skills have been chosen, i will lock the post. (to prevent tampering)

Crow793

Caphori isn't devoid of life because players didn't get to play the race they wanted. Look at the big picture.

the_grub

Quote from: bastidon on 28-09-2012
THIS, and I am coming back along with some others
r u avin a giggle ther m8, il bash ye fookin ead in i swar on me mum

INA7HAN

Good more people would be great as long as you can roleplay and not gear/item whore

the_grub

are you questioning my RP ability Nathan, i mean i might be a bit rusty but im not bad

INA7HAN

Quote from: the_grub on 05-10-2012
are you questioning my RP ability Nathan, i mean i might be a bit rusty but im not bad
No?

the_grub

I am, I haven't rp'd since I left caphori :/

Ragolution

Syndraell

Quote from: Ragolution on 05-10-2012
Gear?

Trying to crack down on Gear Whores.

Steven :D