Ultimate Crash

Started by shadowheart, 06-08-2012

shadowheart

Hey guys. Some of you know me as Vonur Stormsmith, Dwarfy. Recently my laptop either acquired a HUGE virus or flat out failed on me so I had to reset EVERYTHING to factory defaults. INB4 meaning all my stats/games/files/characters/pictures have been deleted. I will see what I can do to make a new character if I find the interest because I have recently become obsessed with playing New Vegas. Anyways... Yeah just thought I would let you guys know :/

Returning Caphori member. Some of you may remember me as Alexander Fornet, or Kilin Goldbeard.

Syndraell

ouch. that sucks.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Nachytsm

That DOES suck! Now how will I ever meet another Dwarf?!

In seriousness though, that happened to me a long while back, so I know your pain mate. Hope to see you back on your feet soon though.

Syndraell

I'd say this.

Invest in some flash drives, an external hard drive, or have another computer completely dedicated to storage. Don't even hook it up to the internet.

The last suggestion is what i do, my friend has been using my External HD for a while, he works on computers.

shadowheart

Quote from: James Almasy on 06-08-2012
ouch. that sucks.
I'd say this.
[/size]Invest in some flash drives, an external hard drive, or have another computer completely dedicated to storage. Don't even hook it up to the internet.The last suggestion is what i do, my friend has been using my External HD for a while, he works on computers.

Yes. Yes it does. And if by flash drives you mean those little rectangle shaped things? I have two of them. I WOULD buy an external but I currently don't have the money. I'll have to prioritize between it and something else but I thing the external hard drive would be the better investment.

Returning Caphori member. Some of you may remember me as Alexander Fornet, or Kilin Goldbeard.

Noidness

I'm actually tempted to reset my computer just to get it back to somewhat normal. I've got way too much stuff on this slowing it down. I don't have an external hard disk to save everything to, though.

Khyris

Quote from: Noidness on 08-08-2012
I'm actually tempted to reset my toaster just to get it back to somewhat normal. I've got way too much stuff on this slowing it down. I don't have an external hard disk to save everything to, though.
Fixed.
Iseyu Characters: Alicia Saphoe

Noidness

Quote from: Khyris on 08-08-2012
Quote from: Noidness on 08-08-2012
I'm actually tempted to reset my toaster just to get it back to somewhat normal. I've got way too much stuff on this slowing it down. I don't have an external hard disk to save everything to, though.
Fixed.
Hur hur. I'll have you know it's a pretty advanced toaster.

Syndraell

Willing to show some system specs?