The Unofficial Caphori/Aceon Bullshit Thread

Started by matter, 14-09-2012

matter

I'd like all of your opinions on what we could do to get the server going again.
Even if you're a new player speak your mind here. (that's not a go ahead pass to flame)
I want to know what you think we could do.
Make me...

Frostee

What is even the issue? I thought Caphori and Minecraft were literally the most populated servers.

Maxi96203

Quote from: Frostee on 14-09-2012
What is even the issue? I thought Minecraft was literally the most populated server.

Fixed.

Fixed a minor error.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Noidness

Most people are probably preoccupied with school. and different timezones means that it's very likely at least part of the community is in school at a time.

Ragolution

Quote from: Noidness on 14-09-2012
Most people are probably preoccupied with school. and different timezones means that it's very likely at least part of the community is in school at a time.

Schooltimes actually increase our population.

INA7HAN

I had to wipe my computer and so I lost all my steam games. I've downloaded Terraria again but i've lost my characters so I don't know password  as I used my registered password to get in. I also need to get my stuff back somehow.
I'll play when I get the password, I usually play around 7pm or so GMT time

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Crow793

Nathan, if you recreate the same characters with the same name, they can still use the registered logins.

Syndraell

Quote from: Frostee on 14-09-2012
What is even the issue? I thought Caphori and Minecraft were literally the most populated servers.
I'm usually not on due to not seeing anyone else on.

Although we've generated a lot of traffic; We're HGN-Supported Servers.
The reason of this is mainly because of Xenophobia; Some people come to X server, and enjoy it.
However, we don't push out members to try out the other servers. Which in turn leads to the irrational thought of:
"Y is such a terrible game, More people should play X"

Other reasons include the fact that Terraria has a Limited building space, no longer upgrades, and gets Highly repetitive after enough hours of gameplay....

You know what, Maxi96203 has probably been preaching the wrong idea. It doesn't matter of the quality of the game, or which one is better. Instead, he should have been saying that Minecraft has more to offer in the end.

Which is true.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Maxi96203

Was a joke in the first place.

Ragolution

It'd be cool if all the Terrarians came to Minecraft, though.

We need new blood; I'm sick of the oldfags fagging shit up and being pessimistic 100% of the time.

Syndraell

Quote from: Ragolution on 15-09-2012

We need new blood; I'm sick of the oldfags fagging shit up and being pessimistic 100% of the time.

I guess i can give it a shot. The MC/Tekkit server I play on is being worked on.

Maxi96203

Roleplays don't need game updates anyways.
They need members and imagination.

Syndraell

Quote from: Maxi96203 on 15-09-2012

You now have my utmost respect because of that comment.

Ragolution

Quote from: James Almasy on 16-09-2012

It seems you underestimated my Maxi.

Syndraell

Quote from: Ragolution on 16-09-2012
Quote from: James Almasy on 16-09-2012

It seems you underestimated my Maxi.

I did.

It also didn't help that i read that in Yugi's Voice.

matter

Wow.
Okay I did not expect this much response to my post. I'm glad people are still paying attention.
Hopefully the server picks up later because it's quite dead right now.
Make me...

OmgMTG

Hey everyone I'm one of the FNG's. I have yet to be able to log in to the server, but I have a few ideas for revitalizing a dead server:

1. Is there a Steam profile group?

2. There are a lot of gamers, namely RPG fans on a lot of craigslist forums. I suppose one could post a link to the site.

3. Make a trailer and post it on youtube.

Hope these ideas help!
"I'd call that a successful first test. Golem!
Rearm the Doom Citadel!"

Syndraell

Quote from: OmgMTG on 19-09-2012
Hey everyone I'm one of the FNG's. I have yet to be able to log in to the server, but I have a few ideas for revitalizing a dead server:

2. There are a lot of gamers, namely RPG fans on a lot of craigslist forums. I suppose one could post a link to the site.

Hope these ideas help!

1. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/hgntcaphori

2.I really don't know about this Idea. Guess i'm just uneasy about it.

3. Well, if we're going to make a Advertisement video, i guess I'll have to really start working on fixing the landscape a bit.

jaik

Quote from: James Almasy on 21-09-2012

Hope these ideas help!

3. Well, if we're going to make a Advertisement video, i guess I'll have to really start working on fixing the landscape a bit.

if only hgn was a little less lazier.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Syndraell

Quote from: Jake on 21-09-2012
Quote from: James Almasy on 21-09-2012

Hope these ideas help!

if only hgn was a little less lazier.

Publicity Mods.

TicoGX

Well, if you want more people, you could make the registering a wee bit simpler. Then again that might bring in some... undesirables... *shiver*

SakikoMiley

Quote from: Ragolution on 15-09-2012

So, are you saying there are more people on the minecraft server? Though It saddens me to say it, since im not NEARLY as good at minecraft, I guess I can go scope it out.

ElInventor

Could be more people here if they weren't banned at the first little thing. Players are not perfect, and beginners are less. Sometimes a good way to learn is having mistakes.

CAMaera

Quote from: ElInventor on 22-11-2012
Could be more people here if they weren't banned at the first little thing. Players are not perfect, and beginners are less. Sometimes a good way to learn is having mistakes.

Because we totally don't have a strike system. Amiright? We should really get one of those, huh? So that when someone builds a huge floating castle with HM items in it, we can just give them a couple strikes. Because we totally don't do that.

Syndraell

Quote from: max0596 on 22-11-2012
Quote from: ElInventor on 22-11-2012

Because we totally don't have a strike system. Amiright? We should really get one of those, huh? So that when someone builds a huge floating castle with HM items in it, we can just give them a couple strikes. Because we totally don't do that.

Amen to that, Max. It's there for a very good reason.