The Unofficial Caphori/Aceon Bullshit Thread

Started by matter, 14-09-2012

the_grub

more tunnel snakes
r u avin a giggle ther m8, il bash ye fookin ead in i swar on me mum

vatovie

I will re-say what i have said before. A war between two main factions would really help the server. You could make each large battle an event. More events, more story, a story line we can always use.

Syndraell

Considering making my only character that i have on this computer, Julius; A tyrant who has forced all the land to unite under his banner.

Just a thought.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Ragolution

Syndraell

Quote from: Ragolution on 28-11-2012

I never said it was my idea, or that it hasn't been done before.
Not to mention, you suggested a number of ideas.

Ragolution

Syndraell

Ragolution: Methinks your server would be better if players got starting gold
James Almasy:starting gold?
Ragolution: Yes.
Ragolution: My players start with 30 money
James Almasy: i'd like to restrict cash flow, and jobs as well. everyone just does whatever.
Ragolution: Job restriction is like castration
Ragolution: Sure it stops it from being profitable, but they still do it.
James Almasy: true. how would you fix the problem, then?
Ragolution: Ignore it.
Ragolution: It's how I already did fix it.
Ragolution: If you've got ADD so bad that you can't pick one job without getting bored, you will get bored and leave
Ragolution: thus seperating the wheat from the chaff
James Almasy: smart idea.
James Almasy: I'm considering forced regions.
Ragolution: Yeah no that's dumb too
Ragolution: What I enforced in aceon was a one-faction system
James Almasy: i mean that they're just spread too far apart
Ragolution: Exactly.
Ragolution: You make them build inside a city.
James Almasy: makes a massive problem
James Almasy: ah.
James Almasy: good point

Credit given.

Ragolution

Maxi96203

port forgot about the time i let one player be a russian out in the snow in buttfuck nowhere

good times
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Erik_Night

I havent joined yet, but how do you improve a Roleplay anything at all? There is no items you could add, the story adapts on itself as time goes, and the players all act it out. Where is there room that could boost that?

CAMaera

FM(Future Max) Posted:

Remember that time that James tried to make some awesome faction, but five days later got completely murdered by ~50 Demon Scythe spells at once, while 5 Blades of Grass stabbed him through the legs, about 60 arrows hit him in the forehead, and explosives obliterated his throne? Because he said that he ruled everything now?

Good times.

PM(Present Max) Posted:

Yeah no.
Quote from: James Almasy on 29-11-2012
Yeah no.

Factions & Groups child board exists why?

Also, Ragolution. Never seen you on Caphori. EVER. So literally everything you say about what it needs is null and void IMO.

Quote from: Erik_Night on 29-11-2012
I havent joined yet, but how do you improve a Roleplay anything at all? There is no items you could add, the story adapts on itself as time goes, and the players all act it out. Where is there room that could boost that?

This guy...kinda gets it. You improve it with more people. A more...well, engaging/better-looking landscape. Better characters, etc, etc.

Maxi96203

o no
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Syndraell

Quote from: max0596 on 29-11-2012
FM(Future Max) Posted:

Remember that time that James tried to make some awesome faction, but five days later got completely murdered by ~50 Demon Scythe spells at once, while 5 Blades of Grass stabbed him through the legs, about 60 arrows hit him in the forehead, and explosives obliterated his throne? Because he said that he ruled everything now?

Good times.

Yeah no.

Factions & Groups child board exists why?

Also, Ragolution. Never seen you on Caphori. EVER. So literally everything you say about what it needs is null and void IMO.

Quote from: Erik_Night on 29-11-2012

This guy...kinda gets it. You improve it with more people. A more...well, engaging/better-looking landscape. Better characters, etc, etc.

#1) Not a permanent thing, revolution will happen. It's just a starting focus to get players to actually converse and RP with each other, instead of doing their own thing. Something i really like about Aceon. Quite literally, when i started... "Join or Die". It was forced, but it ended up being the one thing that set me up to being on Aceon instead of Caphori.

I don't need to remind you of the Failure of the Caphori Republic, do I? When it was formed, it sounded promising. Then none of the Council got on. And it died as soon as it was born.

I hate to say it, but I have to have a stern hand this time. It's not something that i want to do, but Necessary.

#2) Money is waaay too easy to come by. It really needs some tweaking, if it's possible.
*Kill Everything, get all the Good Stuff, and Leave*
A major reason why the server feels so screwed is because of the hoarding.

#3)There are sub-factions in the major faction, such as the Kingsguard, the Noble Houses, etc. It's actually better than you think.

#3A) Max, Lay off the insults. Ragolution is actually trying to HELP us, instead of the usual blood feud between Terraria and Minecraft. So have some respect, and don't let the Power go to your head.

#4)Eric probably understands this more than Max. We don't have any new items (Yet. Looking for some nice things to add to the server) Players need to actually interact with each-other more, and everyone needs to stop going hoarding and raiding everything.

Any Questions?

CAMaera

#1)But doesn't it get boring? I mean, what's a Monarchy without Rebels? I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just that people will REJECT the hell out of it. Frankly, I think it would be cool, if there were Rebels and the sort. Like...bandits.

#2)Absolutely. People love having all that they can.

#3)Awesome, but there's still no outlaws. Everyone is good, and obeys the law. It's one-dimensional to me.

#3A)I wasn't insulting him, James. I was just saying that he shouldn't say everything is bad on the server if he's not on it. Power doesn't go to my head, James. I would have posted exactly what I posted regardless of if I was a Mod or not. Don't insult me by saying that I'm influenced by it at all, please.

#4)Now you're insulting me. What I meant by "engaging/better-looking landscape" was something along the lines of the old Jungle Temple, some place for people to TALK about IC, and to explore, wonder about, etc. Something to RP about. The Temple became the "talk of the town", if you will, and good RP came from it. What I meant by "Better characters" was that we need characters that relate to one another, hate each other. What I find is that everyone is literally hunkey-dorey with everyone else. Either that, or there's some super over-powered jerkface that kills everyone then dies off in a day. Characters need more depth. "You improve it with more people." is pretty self-explanatory. More People=Better RP=Better Stories=Better Caphori.

Yeah, sure. What will the main faction be called? And will there be taxes? Land laws?

Syndraell

Quote from: max0596 on 30-11-2012
#1)But doesn't it get boring? I mean, what's a Monarchy without Rebels? I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just that people will REJECT the hell out of it. Frankly, I think it would be cool, if there were Rebels and the sort. Like...bandits.

#2)Absolutely. People love having all that they can.

#3)Awesome, but there's still no outlaws. Everyone is good, and obeys the law. It's one-dimensional to me.

#3A)I wasn't insulting him, James. I was just saying that he shouldn't say everything is bad on the server if he's not on it. Power doesn't go to my head, James. I would have posted exactly what I posted regardless of if I was a Mod or not. Don't insult me by saying that I'm influenced by it at all, please.

#4)Now you're insulting me. What I meant by "engaging/better-looking landscape" was something along the lines of the old Jungle Temple, some place for people to TALK about IC, and to explore, wonder about, etc. Something to RP about. The Temple became the "talk of the town", if you will, and good RP came from it. What I meant by "Better characters" was that we need characters that relate to one another, hate each other. What I find is that everyone is literally hunkey-dorey with everyone else. Either that, or there's some super over-powered jerkface that kills everyone then dies off in a day. Characters need more depth. "You improve it with more people." is pretty self-explanatory. More People=Better RP=Better Stories=Better Caphori.

Yeah, sure. What will the main faction be called? And will there be taxes? Land laws?

#1) We need SOMETHING to start with. As i have stated beforehand, it's necessary. (And I hate the aspect of being a Tyrant, but i might just end up being the only person who will accept it.

#2) It's still a big problem. We need to find a common ground on this. Aceon's got that shit nailed down, and it's awesome.

#3)We have Sakiko at the moment, at least someone is trying...

#3A) I've explained everything to him. Also, he is in the Caphori group, if you haven't noticed. He can get on whenever he wants.

#4) Wasn't meant as an Insult. The temple was awesome... But it was still missing something. As for the landscape, and the map to begin with, has been kinda fucked from the start. I've been meaning to get a group of people to help me construct a map that is Visually Stimulating.
True, characters need to be more literal. We can't always be good buddies. And we do need "More Players". If no one is on, get on for 5 minutes or so. someone will notice and join. Good Map/Good Characters/Amazing Stories=Best Caphori.

The main faction? no clue yet. As for taxes, Julius may be a Tyrant, but He doesn't want Money. He wants to be feared, Reviled, and Hated. that is what he wants. As for land laws, try to follow basic housing rules, but we'll be trying to sort that all out when we get to it.

Emberlord88

I'm new here and all that so please don't attack me for this comment if I am wrong. 

Am I being stupid, or is Aceon not working due to the recent Minecraft updates?
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. "
-Mark Twain

Ragolution

Quote from: Emberlord88 on 30-11-2012
I'm new here and all that so please don't attack me for this comment if I am wrong. 

Am I being stupid, or is Aceon not working due to the recent Minecraft updates?

You're just blind, ignorant and don't know how forums work.

vatovie

Waht are we going to do for the other faction against the main faction I heard bandits mentioned but for large scale battles I'm thinking another large invading faction. Thoughts?

Syndraell

Quote from: vatovie on 30-11-2012
Waht are we going to do for the other faction against the main faction I heard bandits mentioned but for large scale battles I'm thinking another large invading faction. Thoughts?

The gears are starting to roll, Vatovie.
When it comes to it, it gets done.
Not to mention, this is like a huuuuge Event.

CAMaera

Quote from: Emberlord88 on 01-12-2012
Would you guys mind accepting or denying my Terraria application, I am quite restless to begin playing it

INSTA-DENY.
(Your RP is too short)

Emberlord88

Okay thank you for your help, I will make it longer
-Mark Twain

lolKieck

HEY GUYS I HAVE MADE MY APPLICATION JUST NOW, COULD YOU CHECK IT OUT SO I CAN GET ON THE SERVER AND MAKE TALL STRUCTURES AND SHIT
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

CAMaera

Quote from: lolKieck on 01-12-2012
HEY GUYS I HAVE MADE MY APPLICATION JUST NOW, COULD YOU CHECK IT OUT SO I CAN GET ON THE SERVER AND MAKE TALL STRUCTURES AND SHIT

I laughed harder than I should have. IT'S SO TRUE ;-;

Emberlord88

Is that aimed towards me?
-Mark Twain

CAMaera

Quote from: Emberlord88 on 01-12-2012
Is that aimed towards me?

It's knife. When is he ever NOT insulting someone? Oh wait, new guy. Yes, I think it is.

Believe me, it's happened before. Someone new gets on and believe that they should get on within an hour. But you see...

Administration/Mods/Operators have lives.