The Secret of rp_apocalypse

Started by Steven :D, 15-11-2010

Steven :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3x_HzT-_LM&autoplay=1
Recently, while playing on rp_apocalypse. I have come across multiple sightings of Decals that give away pieces of the mystery.
I've also asked the maker of the map, Hazard24 for some clues and I already have a good idea of what to do to get even more pieces of the puzzle.
What do you guys think? Have you seen anything related to this? Post.

jaik

Want to find out?
Decompile it.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Bl★ck Star

Aresty

The meaning of life. AKA 42.

Locke

Well, the maker of the map left me with some pretty awesome clues. If you stand by the radio (for god knows how long) you will hear something different from each radio. I found this decal that says FREQUENCY: 88.5 and I guess the frequency means how frequent the radios go off. (88.5 Minutes of server uptime after the map is loaded serverwise).

Ravanger

I actually do remember hearing a bunxch of numbers repeat in the bunker on that map. It was like "1 2 3 4 0" or somethign like that.

Khorn

What could be secret behind the map? There isn't much in the map. I'm sure it's just like gm_GhostHouse.

Quote from: Khorn on 15-11-2010
What could be secret behind the map? There isn't much in the map. I'm sure it's just like gm_GhostHouse.
The secret could be anything. The map maker said that no one has found out what it truly means so I wonder what it really is.

Ravanger

As well there is a number of pictures on the map.

Quote from: Ravanger on 15-11-2010
As well there is a number of pictures on the map.
I know. If someone could list every single one they've found and any other decals that seem 'custom' or 'out of place' feel free to post them here.

Aresty

Hint:  It has to do with JFK.

Bl★ck Star

1. dl map
2. open up in source sdk hammer tool
3. ????
4. PROFIT

Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 16-11-2010
1. dl map
3. ????
4. PROFIT
Map files are protected I thought. If you dont have the vmf or something you cant open it.

jaik

Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 16-11-2010
1. dl map
3. ????
4. PROFIT

Idiot.

You have to decompile the .bsp.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Royz

Get a simple decompiler, decompile, look into this, problem solved.

Locke

Files are protected silly royz.

Royz

*Simply gives up* Must be a hell of a secret if the mapper decided to shove it in there to piss people off, or just play with them.

Quote from: Royz on 16-11-2010
*Simply gives up* Must be a hell of a secret if the mapper decided to shove it in there to piss people off, or just play with them.
Well, it must be something huge if it has custom sounds involved, and tons of custom decals.

andrewhatesyou

Its from Blackops, you know the numbers? WHERE IS THE NUMBER STATION MASON?

STALKER RP
Lt.Ivan Kutz-ALIVE-Military
Vladimir Kutz-ALIVE-Merc
FALLOUT RP
John Serio-ALIVE-Senior Initiate

There is no secret keypad to my knowledge.

Ravanger

Well there is like 4 or 3 photos. Ones I found so far, Elephant man spawns ontop one of the city buildings it is easy to find in observe, Japense one apears in the trailer near the river I do believe. There is another one I heard near the one factory with the huge pitt.
Elephant Man

Japense Chinese writeing one

Unknown

Gnome is under the trailer in the marsh / swamp

Khorn

You guys are looking to much into it.

Bl★ck Star

btw, from where do you know there is a secret in the map ? If I type it into google it finds nothing ...