The problem about the whitelist

Started by Akira, 17-06-2011

Akira

So yeah,
the problem is that the whitelist is only using IPs.
Now the thing about IPs is they change everytime your router restarts, kicking yourself off the whitelist.
How you'll handle this is your decision Last.Exile, I just wanted to tell you about this.

Smirnoff

Set up a dynamic DNS and have it point to your router, whitelist it and you're good to go.
"|HGN| G-Man: Dont know what loli is, but i'd lie if I said I havn't seen some of that hentai stuff."

Akira

I have one, but you can't make a dynamic DNS a requirement to play on a server. That's just weird.

Ralazo

Quote from: Akira on 17-06-2011
I have one, but you can't make a dynamic DNS a requirement to play on a server. That's just weird.

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Ralazo on 17-06-2011

Yeah That's the problem that I have, I can't join because my ip changes like every 4 hours .__.

Smirnoff

Well as it is now I dont see any other way to authorize you.

Maybe host the server over hamachi?
Once you get accepted you talk to a terrario operator which gives you the network name and password.
"|HGN| G-Man: Dont know what loli is, but i'd lie if I said I havn't seen some of that hentai stuff."

Steven :D

Quote from: Smirnoff on 17-06-2011

Once you get accepted you talk to a terrario operator which gives you the network name and password.
Or just make it passworded.

Chrono

Having the same problem now...

Frostee

Quote from: Steven :D on 17-06-2011
Quote from: Smirnoff on 17-06-2011

Or just make it passworded.

Yeah, having a password for the server sounds better.

Chrono

passwording the server sounds like a nice idea and can we solve this quick ? i want to play T_T

andrewhatesyou

So yeah,
the problem is that the whitelist is only using IPs.
Now the thing about IPs is they change everytime your router restarts, kicking yourself off the whitelist.
How you'll handle this is your decision Last.Exile, I just wanted to tell you about this.

If you have a static IP, your IP stays the same even with a router restart. Change to a static IP.

STALKER RP
Lt.Ivan Kutz-ALIVE-Military
Vladimir Kutz-ALIVE-Merc
FALLOUT RP
John Serio-ALIVE-Senior Initiate