Safe Boxes

Started by Amontillado, 14-06-2011

Amontillado

So far everything in my safebox has vanished twice. After the first time I never again used them untill someone told me the glitch was fixed. Then it happened again. Any reason this could be happening?

Duranblackraven

There's a glitch that's suppose to be related to the actual character, data corruption or something. It's unfixable.

I've never had it happen to me, and I ran 'tester' for LE a while back. I did EVERYTHING I could to have it happen to me, and it has yet to.

Yorty

I've possibly figured it out... For me and wolf our safebox, physical description, and suit would all reset every time we used the /charphysdesc *info* command in either the chatbox or the console. Try simply typing /charphysdesc with nothing after it in the chatbox, a window should pop up. Input your description in there and profit.

Duranblackraven

Try it. If it works then Yorty found a cause/fix.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Duranblackraven on 15-06-2011
Try it. If it works then Yorty found a cause/fix.

Could be to do with bad characters or something. Although i would not consider descriptions being part of the issue but more of names. ' & " should not be used in your names, they are expressions in code.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Ravanger

Well I think it all depends since on fellow I changed my name phys Desc a lot, it only happened to me once so there might be something you are doing which must be causeing it quite a bit more. I think Physdesc is proably the main problem with it though ill proably see if I can do anything with it. The way I lost it though was I accidentally removed a safebox with a tool gun it removed all my stuff I think but no one elses, unsure if this was the cause.

Yorty

Yeah, but it still only happens to certain characters. I never had issues with Yuri Babikov until I changed my Physical Description from the console.

Amontillado

Thanks for the imput

Zithra

So has this been resolved? Happened to me too.
RIP FORP Characters
Andrew Erics  Wastelander
Evan Thornton  Brotherhood of Steel
Tyler Williams Trader