Proposal for Resetting the Caphori World Map

Started by Velspera, 04-10-2011

Syndraell

I've used a little of my resources to try to fix up caphori. go take a look, and see if it looks slightly better.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

RoyRoger05

Quote from: James Almasy on 12-10-2011
I've used a little of my resources to try to fix up caphori. go take a look, and see if it looks slightly better.

Dude, you did an amazing job, and the entire server looks great.. but that's not the whole issue.  The real issue is it's become a giant clusterfudge of random buildings, most of which are abandoned by players who logged in, built them, and then never logged on again.

Syndraell

Quote from: RoyRoger05 on 12-10-2011
Quote from: James Almasy on 12-10-2011

Dude, you did an amazing job, and the entire server looks great.. but that's not the whole issue.  The real issue is it's become a giant clusterfudge of random buildings, most of which are abandoned by players who logged in, built them, and then never logged on again.

Tell me the names of some buildings you want me to tear down. Two i've seen that i could tear down. Elias's house, and the dwelling of khalakal, or however it's spelled. I just wanna know if the people who own these still play.

Also, there's Isaki's Place... I really hope she comes back, because i really don't want to tear that down.

RoyRoger05

Can't fix everything bro, you could try I guess, but we still have other issues to deal with:
1. Fudged up terrain, holes everywhere.
2. The dungeon is a giant hole in the ground
3. Stupid things built to simulate bridges that are just platforms that somebody slapped down to cross a gap.
4. The grefier coming back, there is one on the loose ATM, and we don't know who he is so Vels or Blair can't ban him/her

Syndraell

Quote from: RoyRoger05 on 13-10-2011
Can't fix everything bro, you could try I guess, but we still have other issues to deal with:
1. Fudged up terrain, holes everywhere.
2. The dungeon is a giant hole in the ground
3. Stupid things built to simulate bridges that are just platforms that somebody slapped down to cross a gap.
4. The grefier coming back, there is one on the loose ATM, and we don't know who he is so Vels or Blair can't ban him/her

Suggestion of changing the password... Again?

RoyRoger05

I think they're doing that when they reset the server.

INA7HAN

Quote from: Velspera on 10-10-2011
Quote from: INA7HAN on 09-10-2011
Light's bane
Shadow armour
And i think that's it.
Also i think that there should not be a town like mideel's creek made straight away. But for players to make houses at spawn which they have made not that others have. This will make it so there are no un owned buildings lying around and maybe after the village becomes more established a castle or fort can be made. This will give the feel of actually finding a land to settle in not joining and going. "Oh look a huge castle and city" You can't make up a ic reason you just appeared in this city because everyone just can't spawn in town and not know anything about it. Problems with letting people building there own homes can lead to problems also like "No ones here so im going to make myself a huge mansion" The houses will have to be reasonably sized not huge mansions. To avoid this people could mine the area around them to create the town e.g you find a forest you chop it down make a small hut. It will be annoying to join server for first time to find someone has already ass pulled lots of stone and has made huge castle like house. Thats just my opinoin though and lots of people have other ones. But i am voting for yes as it should be reset due to know ores and has to many abandoned buildings.

Though I do like pretty things and have a habit of getting carried away with building them, I'd have to agree with this. :3  Maybe we can bring in some community spirit this wayl.
Thank you for agreeing :)

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Syndraell

So, now we wait...
While i'm waiting, i shall take a delightful stroll through Caphori.

Dungeon_Lord

Hmmmm.... If I was at my dad's house I'd do the same.
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.

Kamimaia

While I poured much time and energy into Minarra's Reach, I do recognize that it is only a game and that the effort used to make it can be expended again. It also would be unfair for me to vote against, when I am currently unable to access Steam at all.

I'm not gone- just AWOL- but Minarra's Reach can always go the way of The Bionic Man.

Velspera

Quote from: Kamimaia on 30-10-2011
While I poured much time and energy into Minarra's Reach, I do recognize that it is only a game and that the effort used to make it can be expended again. It also would be unfair for me to vote against, when I am currently unable to access Steam at all.

I'm not gone- just AWOL- but Minarra's Reach can always go the way of The Bionic Man.

Definitely agreed.  It's an AMAZING build, but you can build another place, probably 10x better than the reach is right now (if that's even possible).

Also:  http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/terraria-texturepacks.39026/

You can use the Terraria Texture Pack application to run Terraria and bypass using Steam.  You don't have to actually install any texture packs to actually use the program, either.  Just follow the directions (which is as simple as putting the actual application into the terraria folder and running it).  This is essentially what I've been doing for months since Steam can be a real whore, especially when you don't have an internet connection. 
:D OMG HI.

Caphori Characters: Vaillaro and Ilanna

Kamimaia

I figure it'll be a short while till the next update comes out- I'm just going to try it then, and once that's done it'll save me a lot of issues and headaches.

Plus, I can build much faster than before- considering I /technically/ don't have to mine my own materials. The new location can be out-of-the-way and twice as glorious.

Did we ever find that sonuvabitch griefer?

Dungeon_Lord

It would be kool to make something kooler, but it would be good if you could maybe make it like over a long period of time so it would be more rpable. Like slowly build it up or make scallfolding then add stuff slowly. Just stuff to make it seem more realistic.

Lord_Blair

IT IS CURRENTLY BEING RESET! Make up your ideas on how you escaped from the apocalypse of Old Caphori and/or make new characters.

Syndraell

Quote from: Lord_Blair on 05-11-2011
IT IS CURRENTLY BEING RESET! Make up your ideas on how you escaped from the apocalypse of Old Caphori and/or make new characters.

Really 0.o

Silver Knight

Reset, new world, new lives. Enjoy.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Lord_Blair

Here is the basics of the map, for your enjoyment.
Dungeon: To the left, currently guarded by skeletron
Jungle: To the right, it has a corruption almost right in the middle.
Corruption: There are 3-4 biomes, 2 to the right, 1-2 to the left ( I have really bad memory. )
Sky Islands: Unknown for the time being.
Shadow Chests: Unknown for the time being.

RoyRoger05

Dungeon_Lord

Lol on video and I don't think my character has really been implemented into the Caphori world yet, so I'd probably just be fine as a wanderer who stumbled on New Caphori.

Velspera

Please be advised that there is currently a problem with placing and removing items on the new server.  For instance, you can place items like chests, beds, tables, etc, but when you go to pick them up by using your hammer they will simply BREAK rather than dropping for you to retrieve back into your inventory.  This goes for all PLACED items, including crystal hearts, AND for vases as well as they will not drop items when you break them.

You can explore the server, but keep this in mind when you are running about because there is a chance that if you put something down you will NOT get it back again and, as I am warning you, I don't plan on creating replacements for people. 

Also, until this problem is resolved, DO NOT GO IN THE DUNGEON.  DO NOT FIGHT SKELETRON.  DO NOT EVEN -SPEAK- TO THE OLD MAN.  I don't want anyone going inside and screwing something up with the treasure inside, so the dungeon is currently off limits.  If ANYONE goes into the dungeon and I find out, you WILL get a strike.

RoyRoger05

Eliventor said he killed Skeletorn with Trist last night.

Safianna

I witnessed this statement as well.

Velspera

What?  Was this AFTER I said not to?

Why is killing Skeletron the first thing people fucking do?

EDIT:  Until the new server is fixed, go to the Wilds if you want to search for Crystal Hearts or run through the dungeon.  I'll make sure the server is up and running a little more often than before.  Once the new server IS fixed, however, there will be no more wilds as there won't be a need for it.  And no, I will not reset the Wilds if the dungeon has been ransacked to hell.