Posting Images

Started by deluxulous, 09-01-2011

deluxulous

Most of the people here have no idea how to embed images in their posts, or just use attachments. Which are kind of annoying. So here's a guide.

#1. FIND A LINK -- Find a link to the desired image that you want to post. If it's on another website, right click the image, and click "Open Image." It should open in a new tab, and the URL should be at the top.
#1a. UPLOAD THE IMAGE (Optional, but PREFERRED.) Upload the image on an image sharing website. This is the most effective method and it works the best. It only takes a few seconds to upload an image. There are quite a few sites out there, but I prefer www.imageshack.us . It gives you a nice profile and an easy to use interface, which including resizing. DO NOT USE PHOTOBUCKET. DO NOT USE PHOTOBUCKET. By the way, DO NOT USE PHOTOBUCKET. Photobucket is a bandwidth Nazi and will make all of your pictures get an annoying censor that says "LOL U EXSEED BANDWIDTH" on it after posting 5 images.
#2. POSTING THE IMAGE This is where most people fuck everything up. You CAN use attachments, but it's silly because you're basically downloading the image onto your PC.
The best way is to use BB Code's [ IMG][ /IMG] tags. (Note: There isn't a space between the bracket and the I when posting normally) You can highlight text and click the button underneath the Italicize button to put the tags in automatically. It looks like a picture of the Mona Lisa.
Example: [ img] www.YOUR PICTURE HERE.faggots [ /img]
Now you know how to embed images in a post
BUT MY PICTURE ISNT WORKING OMG
Chill the fuck out. This could be for a number of reasons.
Reason 1: The link you posted is dead. This normally happens with using Google's image search (not all the time), the website doesn't permit external embedding for bandwidth reasons, or the website is down. To fix this, save the image to your PC and reupload it on an image hosting site.
Reason 2: BB code errors. Don't know why this happens, but sometimes it just doesn't work. If you're using lowercase letters in the tag (img), try using uppercase letters (IMG). This fixes it sometimes.
Reason 3: The forums, image, or BB code itself hate your guts and hope you burn in hell.

It's pretty simple. Any questions?

jaik

tl;dr

put your link between these tags
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

deluxulous

Quote from: Jake on 09-01-2011
tl;dr

put your link between these tags
You'd be surprised at how many people don't know this

deluxulous

Bump.

People using attachments make me angry

mxh24

Thanks, this helped.  ;D

"When in doubt, mumble."

Silver Knight

Quote from: PistolKid on 08-04-2011
Bump.

You forget we also have our own media section: http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/media/ Where you can upload videos, music and pictures. Anything really.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

lolKieck

Quote from: Last.Exile on 10-04-2011
Quote from: PistolKid on 08-04-2011
Bump.

You forget we also have our own media section: http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/media/ Where you can upload videos, music and pictures. Anything really.
He made this so that people would stop using attachments, and everyone are looking at General Discussion (or not).
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒