Orphaniel

Started by Orphaniel, 25-02-2013

Orphaniel

First, some OOC babble.

James Almasy told me not to make a daemon because they are overdone.

Well, after some consideration, I SPIT UPON HIS WORDS (but only a little, more like I dribble upon them)

Why? I toyed with some similar ideas but I just wasn't feeling them, I'm used to RPing a daemon, and in the past the character has been generally beloved and a good sounding board for RP and stories. To be frank, I'm not sure I could deliver the same quality in a relatively unknown environ. If it doesn't work out we can story it up and have him put to death.

So I am posting the profile here in hopes that I can win you all over, and that you'll love me like I love myself (ego :p)

=-=-=-=-=
The information contained herein is, of course, unknown to other characters ICly, I am, however, quite happy for someone to know some of this information through divining (something to which he is naturally susceptible) or simple knowledge of Daemonkind
=-=-=-=-=

(more pictures below, but this is the nicest, so it went here)

Name: Orphaniel
Race: Daemon
Age: Approx 250 (asking him will produce extremely varied responses)
Sex: Male
Height: seven feet, depending where you measure (head, horns, .ect)
Alignment: Surprisingly Neutral

Physical description:

Where some daemons are subtle, and can blend with the populace of surface-dwellers, Orphaniel sticks out like a sore thumb that someone attempted to mend, but really made a hackjob of. He is quite tall, with dark reddish flesh. His body is fairly normal, though he has only two fingers and two toes (per respective limb). His form is relatively smooth, rather than ragged or scarred. His head, however, breaks this norm. It is an eight-eyed, lip-less, grinning horror. Red spines protrude backwards and the mouth appears stitched shut over the cheeks. His skull is covered by a burgundy cranial plate into which a pentagram is scarred and two large horns protrude. What appears to be a jagged knife-blade protrudes from the front of the cranial plate, upwards.. He has a spaded tail.

Personality and temperament:

Where his visual characteristics make his creed obvious even to the uninitiated, his personality seems to defy common conceptions about daemons. He is almost excessively polite; a self-appointed gentleman and scholar. The closest he comes to evil is the indifference with which he treats some calamitous events or tragedies, at least outwardly. He thinks himself humorous, though the truth of that is up to the individual. He appears to be aloof and comes off as knowing more than he is letting on at any given time. He dislikes violence, especially when directed to him, and usually seeks to avoid it with his disarming manner. He also fancies himself a bard, though his harping is beyond bad, his rhymes tend to be poor and his voice (A finely pronounced, strangely resonant timbre, like several voices sharing the same words and breath) turns his attempts to sing even the most jovial tune to something sinister.

Dress:

In a vain attempt to not spark any number of riotous mobs, he usually goes out wearing a cloak and thickly hooded robe. However, even the most cursory examination rips through his guise: His tail routinely finds it's way free of the robes to sway freely behind and he does not cover his clawed feet and hands. There is just no hiding that face even under a barn full of hoods. Underneath, among those he trusts (or who do not otherwise care) he wears a variety of normal clothing, usually a plated skirt and waistcape along with a padded doublet.

History:

From what can be gathered both from archives, questioning the daemon himself and by the risky practice of summoning and binding his fellows to ask them about it; Orphaniel appears to be a daemon disgraced. Though it is not at all clear how it came to be so he is evidently shunned by his brethren as much as by anyone. Forced to live mortal, a need to eat, to sleep and even to excersize where before such things were unnecessary. He has traveled often, mostly when the mobs of those who would hunt him found out where he resided and grew too thick to be tolerated.

Strengths:

Immunity to Mental power - Any psychic attempting to peer into the Daemon's mind is afflicted with immediate and crippling pain about the head, followed by migraine that lessen over half an hour or so as their mind is exposed to things it was simply not designed to contain. For the rest of their lives they will be haunted by visions of indescribable horror, prophecies of a hellish version of the future and terrible nightmares. (trying to peek into a daemon's brain should be a rather obviously bad idea)

Physical strength - Orphaniel possesses strength well beyond his frame, though it is hardly otherworldly. It is comparable to the paragon of mortal strength, but in a less bukled up package.

Premonition - This can range from a slightly improved reaction speed to a wholesale reading of an individual's fortunes, depending on the power he exerts and the stimulus. Peering into the future can only be done on the basis of an individual, and is by no means concrete or garunteed  to work. It requires a sacrifice on the part of the person being 'read' and a lot of effort on Orphaniel's part (so compensation will be necessary)

Robust - Orphaniel comes from a place any sane person would deem inhospitable beyond any reasonable measure, not only that, but he is not built like an average creature, and is thus difficult to damage.

Immunity to Lava and magma - He likes to bathe in it, even. It should be noted that fireballs and the like can still injure him with their explosive power, but the heat itself is no issue.

Dominion over dreams - It is theorized that as a daemon Orphaniel had something to do with dreams and nightmares (most such creatures have some purpose). He is able to step into and command the dreams of people he comes into contact with. Physical contact will cause a waning link that fades over a few hours depending on proximity. It is not terribly useful except maybe to make people lose sleep, or communicate in secret (though like all dreams the details are forgotten soon after waking)

Weaknesses:

Fish - Orphaniel loves fish, he will flip the hell out. seriously.

Holy symbols - Symbols of holy significance cause him discomfort and pain, depending on the material from which they are made and the manner wielded

Holy water - Burns like acid. Unpleasant would be an overstatement.

Thrall to priests - He is compelled to obey priests. No, that crazy person ranting on the street corner does not count

Holy symbol made of fish - I don't know what will happen, the universe would probably implode.

cold water - While it doesn't have the effect consecrated water does, in large volume it would lower his temperature, which must be maintained to be rather high if he is to survive. Hot water by contrast is quite nice.

Inability to cook - He cannot cook for the life of him, though thankfully a lot of otherwise inedible things are OK for him to eat (it just will not be very pleasant)

Inability to cultivate - Orphaniel is afflicted with what is known about the gardening circles as a Black Thumb. Even cacti wither and die at his attentions.

Lazy - Having to eat and sleep and keep fit his hard work. Ugh, don't make me get up.

Inability to lie - For whatever reason, Orphaniel cannot lie. He can twist what truth there is however, and is quite adept at this. Also, he is not compelled to speak, he can just say nothing at all. If he tells you something, though, you know it is true.

Susceptibility to divining - He leaves a pretty big footprint on whatever map seers and diviners use to scry, his whereabouts and information is there for all to see if they only have the ability to look for it.

Other things:

If there is anything that you feel I have missed and I should include, let me know! at the moment my brain is all shriveled up from vomiting all these words.

=-=-=-=-=

I poured my heart soul and kneecaps into this in the hopes that it will justify my flagrant disobedience, comment at your leisure.

Yeah I spell Demon as Daemon, aren't I edgy.

and now, pictures;

Fancy.

An image for another RP server that had some ... ahem... issues.

Recruitment poster for Demon faction of an old minecraft RP

Silly Demon, that is not a hat

Looking all badass.

The signature is like a post's Butt.

Syndraell

Eh. Fine enough.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Orphaniel

CPftw

I know the old tech admin for Aeonis, he is in my chemistry class
pffft

lolKieck

black star will love it
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

CAMaera

Quote from: lolKieck on 26-02-2013
black star will love it

I hope that Black Star never sees this. Hopefully. It would be detrimental to all parties involved.

Maxi96203

better than dusty
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Syndraell

Quote from: Maxi96203 on 28-02-2013
better than dusty

ouch.

Still, better than Abby Terrorwhore

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Orphaniel

Even I know about that...

Minion

just out of curiosity, did you make those pictures yourself?

Orphaniel

I did indeed, there was a few more, but I decided I had polluted your eye-holes quite enough

Minion

No its actually very good. Most people here just rip their character pictures somewhere off of google *Im photobucket* but you've made your own unique character. By all means post some more. *maybe under caphori art*

Ragolution

Minion

Quote from: Ragolution on 01-03-2013

most impressive, the craftmanship is top notch.

jaik

i liked your previous avatar a lot more
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Ragolution

Quote from: Jake on 02-03-2013

Sorry im presently debating whether or not to be an annoying homestuck troll in order to give blackstar a dose of his own medicine or just casually advertise my appreciation of the material. Stay tuned.

CAMaera

Quote from: Ragolution on 02-03-2013

Sorry im presently debating whether or not to be an annoying homestuck troll in order to give blackstar a dose of his own medicine or just casually advertise my appreciation of the material. Stay tuned.
(It wasn't grabbed to imitate someone)

Ragolution

Quote from: max0596 on 02-03-2013
Quote from: Ragolution on 02-03-2013

(It wasn't grabbed to imitate someone)

Implying I didn't come up with that in the first place.