Opinions wanted on Essay Question

Started by Khorn, 18-05-2011

Khorn

So, yes, I got finals wrapping up. I had to write a paper for my English class.

The prompt question that needed to be answered is:
"Has feminism resolved most of the discriminatory issues between genders, or does discrimination continue to pose problems?"

Now to clarify something about my teacher, she is clearly more pro-woman/feminism. She loves to talk about issues revolving around women and discrimination.

But I want to ask you at HGN, does the question seem rather loaded or anything? Would you enjoy writing 7 to 9 pages on that question?

jaik

There's no feminism in Estonia.
only discrimination.

so I can safely say that feminism is useless as it doesn't show any positive results.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Khorn

Probably not, but if you want an A in her class, you got to roll with whatever she dishes out. Even if it goes against what you think.

deluxulous

Feminism has solved nothing. Womens rights came about because people in general finally woke the fuck up and realized that discrimination is wrong. There's not really anything else to say on the matter.

Paintcheck

Seeing as you are in an environment in HGN where 99.9% of the population is male (and most of them are barely out of puberty) you are going to get a lot of "Lol fuck feminism back2thekitchen ololol" responses.

That being said since your teacher obviously is biased unless you know she is good at putting her bias aside and focusing solely on your essay points you're probably going to have to suck it up and right positively about it.

There's a book one of the guys in my hall had to read for one of his classes last semester called "The War Against Boys: How Misguided Feminism is Destroying Young Men" or something like that (I know the main title was "The War Against Boys" or "The War on Boys", don't remember the subtitle that well). If you have time that might be helpful reading/skimming if you want to challenge feminism.

Personally I think that and affirmative action is annoying as shit because now the discrimination is on the other side. It never solves anything it just flips who gets fucked over.

Khorn

Thing is, I see the question as loaded. It is asking if feminism has helped, or is discrimination still around.

Other than that, she pretty much doesn't put aside her ideals during class.

Agera

Where I live, there's no discrimination. I mean, yeah. Sometimes there're domestic violence and all but it's not a common thing. It only happens' in low-low-low ghettos. (Yeah, we've got low ghettos, then low-low ghettos and then the shitholes)

Ragolution

IMO?

Descrimination is worse than ever.
You're worse off to be a white middle-class male than any other kind of person in America.
The poor get breaks.
The rich get breaks.
The foreigners get breaks.
The women get breaks.
The women cheat at life.
No man can sell his body or use his "charm".

You're fucked.

lolKieck

For me feminism is female sexism wrapped up into "we fite for lawz lul" paper.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Locke

I don't know much about feminism, but women's rights and equality is at a turning point, considering women got the right to vote under 100 years ago in Canada. There's lots of stereotypes, and women generally are paid less in career jobs, but there are negative stereotypes and effects of gender roles on men too.

Violet

Feminism in my honest opinion, has helped only very very very little. (.0001%)

Discrimination still remains to today and I do have personal experience for that.

Also your teacher shouldn't be bringing her magic Ideals into the classroom.

And I do not cheat at life Rag. >.>
Four Eyes is nice.

http://tinyurl.com/HGNUKMFMU - Military Faction Simple Medical Guide

Cutch

Quote from: Ragolution on 19-05-2011
my uncle has been doing it for decades.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

deluxulous

Quote from: Cutch on 23-05-2011
Quote from: Ragolution on 19-05-2011
my uncle has been doing it for decades.
i make other people sell their bodies

by sodomizing them with a tire iron and stealing their pants

Turkey

Quote from: Khorn on 18-05-2011

"Has feminism resolved most of the discriminatory issues between genders, or does discrimination continue to pose problems?"

Now to clarify something about my teacher, she is clearly more pro-woman/feminism. She loves to talk about issues revolving around women and discrimination.

But I want to ask you at HGN, does the question seem rather loaded or anything? Would you enjoy writing 7 to 9 pages on that question?
Well. Starting paragraph should be about how much your teacher is a schlong.
Second one should be about how much you want to fuck a bitch and make her clean your kitchen.
Third one should be about how much you dont fucking care about the paper.
I failed 6th grade this way

Ragolution

Quote from: Turkey on 24-05-2011

Second one should be about how much you want to fuck a bitch and make her clean your kitchen.

You're only 12, you're in 5th grade.
Nice job.

Recreas

Quote from: Ragolution on 24-05-2011
Quote from: Turkey on 24-05-2011

You're only 12, you're in 5th grade.
Nice job.

He's 12, he doesn't realise he's in the 5th grade.

Anyways, Feminism is useless really. If women really wanted to be totally equal they'd have done something about it already. Next to that as long as there is humanity nobody will be equal, so feminism is just another idea that works fine in theory but in reality it's just like Communism. They promise things but they never actually make them happen.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

mikeywrenn

You can't lose if you mention two different view points and your own, back up with 'evidence' and such.
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: When do you actually need Cullinary?
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: Vat... are you trying to say cooking skill?
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: Yeah.
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: It's for the women, of course. Which is why we don't see that skill much.