Obtaining server space?

Started by Syndraell, 29-07-2013

Syndraell

Well, that was a bit of a catastrophe.

I've got one other chance of getting some server space through other people before I try to find some space/create a server myself. And IF I get some server space with my own actions, I'm more than likely going to host it here.

So, even though Caphori is currently "Dead", I'd like to hear some suggestions in server operation, renting servers, or getting money to host servers.

Personally, I had an Idea of people doing a Quarter Raffle for steam games that someone wants to give away.
Any suggestions, Ideas, or offers would be very helpful.

Thanks in Advance.

Current Ideas for generating money for servers:
Quarter raffle for games, Literally 25 cents for a ticket. Still thinking of bulk options.
If things are prosperous, will move from games to items and such.

Current suggested server space:
Barus has suggested talking to a friend of his.
Considering trying to shell some money out for hosting. (CONSIDERING I have some spare money to spend.)
Fixing an old pc in my house with 6 250GB hard drives in it, and offering to buy it from the person I'm fixing it for, and using it to host servers/rent out server space. (Last option IMHO, Multiple people have said this isn't the best idea.)

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

jaik

there's some very cheap hosting--
wow dude why do you put an endless autoplay you can't stop in the god damn op of a thread where you ask for help. and why did you put this into scrapyard.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Syndraell

It may be scrapyard, but it was home.
Music is fixed now.

Anyways, I'd like to be able to host more than just Caphori/Iseyu.
However, I cannot do it alone. That's the truth.
So, I'm going to try to focus on what I can do.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Knife_cz

Hey, hey I just came back from Iron Maiden
It was awesome and I enjoyed it.

jaik

Quote from: James Almasy on 29-07-2013It may be scrapyard, but it was home. Music is fixed now. Anyways, I'd like to be able to host more than just Caphori/Iseyu. However, I cannot do it alone. That's the truth. So, I'm going to try to focus on what I can do.

you're not going to get much help here(from me anyway). basically, if you want a credible community, then DO NOT HOMEHOST EVER. rent a cheap dedi because i doubt terraria or whatever indie games you want to host on will require much in terms of bandwidth and power. just google around and see what specs/ram you need to host the kind of gameserver you want. OS is important too. you probably need the following: website/domain, ts3 or any kind of voice server, a few gameservers and DBs. so try and find the most optimal dedi you can. you should ask around if any of your friends can give you a discount on any providers. if anything is unclear then SEARCH before you ask.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Redbark

Here Try Vilayer, €0.65 per slot. Cheap enough, and we wont ever have more than 25 - 15 people on.