Multiple Characters?

Started by Velspera, 30-07-2011

Velspera

I was wondering if it would be plausible to have more than one roleplay character (max 2, probably) on the server so long as the same rules are observed like ensuring your character has been made specifically for Caphori and starts out in the world with the same basic equipment as everyone else.  Also, not swapping equipment between the two characters, as that would also be unfair. 

Thoughts, anyone?
:D OMG HI.

Caphori Characters: Vaillaro and Ilanna

Felonious

Nice timing! I just recently asked about this. I support it as well for a simple reason: the character I currently work with is a great character, and I like roleplaying as him. The issue? Well, my character is one side of a coin (the lesser side most likely). He is mellow, and not keenly adventurous. While this is fine, a character who fits a more adventurous role would also be enjoyable, and easier to interact with in different ways.
We are not extinct. We simply have the element of surprise.

Lord_Blair

Sorry, no. Theres just to many things that could go wrong from actively playing 2 characters. Like, say, you were in jail, and you needed another person to break you out. You could just get on your second character, boom, your out. I don't think thats fair... sorry. -support.

Velspera

That makes no sense.  If it's known that both characters belong to you, then it's pretty obvious that something like that wouldn't be allowed. 

Besides, it's too difficult to actively play battle scenes with both characters at once, which is pretty much what you'd have to do in a case like that. 

Something like this would have to be an option one would receive an Authorization for by being an active roleplayer that has proven themselves responsible enough to handle playing two separate characters, not something random people could just do on a whim.

Aramius

I've seen this sort of thing done on plenty of servers (though, admittedly, none of them were Terraria servers or communities). All you'd need to do is add rules that basically state that characters with the same owner are not permitted to affect each other in any meaningful way, i.e. jail-breaks, item trades, et cetera, with the punishment being something like, say, removal of one or both characters from the whitelist, whilst permission to do it would be on a case-by-case basis.

Then again, I'm a new guy, so feel free to ignore me. Just thought I'd chip in.

Steven :D

Quote from: Lord_Blair on 31-07-2011
Sorry, no. Theres just to many things that could go wrong from actively playing 2 characters. Like, say, you were in jail, and you needed another person to break you out. You could just get on your second character, boom, your out. I don't think thats fair... sorry. -support.
Some people may have two characters if they're deemed trustworthy enough. All you have to do is ask.

Cpt.Gingerbeard

How about if in the midst of roleplay your charachter gets killed "Permanently"

Steven :D

Quote from: Cpt.Gingerbeard on 31-07-2011
How about if in the midst of roleplay your charachter gets killed "Permanently"
Then yes.

Velspera

Quote from: Aramius on 31-07-2011
I've seen this sort of thing done on plenty of servers (though, admittedly, none of them were Terraria servers or communities). All you'd need to do is add rules that basically state that characters with the same owner are not permitted to affect each other in any meaningful way, i.e. jail-breaks, item trades, et cetera, with the punishment being something like, say, removal of one or both characters from the whitelist, whilst permission to do it would be on a case-by-case basis.

Then again, I'm a new guy, so feel free to ignore me. Just thought I'd chip in.

Nah, that makes perfect sense.  I've played multiple characters in other places, too, like SL and generally the rule was that your characters may know the other exists, but aren't permitted to interact in a way that would usurp the basic rules of the server/sim and etiquette of RP.