Metro 2033 RP in HGN? Possible, fun, retarded?

Started by klp4, 21-03-2010

lolKieck

Quote from: Jake on 16-10-2010
^

It's extremely hard to do and won't work on HGN, so it doesn't matter.

We could use SQL for 2 servers, tunnels and surface, the surface would be once in a time visited by admins to create stuff, the tunnels would get a random body with weapon one time or another.
And dammit, is it me, or everyone doesn't remember that Rangers are also called Stalkers ?
Quote from: Steel on 11-10-2010
The biggest issue apart from the quality of roleplay id have is that the majority of people would RP the game. Which is actually a complete and utter perversion of the actual canon to the metro 2033 universe. A load of shit basically. And you mention Commies and Nazis? Fact is they play a small role in the metro, think outside the game and into the real novel. Hansa are the big power. And polis would be a Briliant faction to RP with the different castes and all.
Make a little text about the most important things from the book, guy RPing the game = warning, and teaching, then another warning, and if he keeps doing the SAME THING (not other things, obviously), kick. Though it would make him go and bitch on facepunch how the admins are damn abusive etcetera etcetera.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Jazer

Quote from: HostelEffect on 12-10-2010
How I would break down the gamemode, since you all are so uncreative.

If you want a game that simulates anything realistically, then you need Maslow's hierarchy of needs.

Some of the details in each tier can be skipped for obvious reasons, but core needs like food and water are great motives to set the Metro 2033 gamemode active. It creates the busy work that you will see most people do in the world. Beyond that,  there needs to be an ultimate goal that every player has, the win condition per say. This goal will take a long time to accomplish. Once he or a group reaches this goal, the game restarts. The importance of the short-term needs and long-term goals is very important. The short-term needs stand in the way of the long-term goal. If the ultimate goal was to make some amount of currency, or dominate the other factions, your short-term needs such as eating and drinking would get in the way. Which breaks up unique events such as raid or faction attacking, from regular tasks such as making a station function so everyone can eat and live.

That's just the outline, the details will be filled in later.     

I want to build up on this now.

An addition to this system that would make short-term needs and long-term goals function better is a morality feature. Morality is a Maslow law as well, so it obviously influences how you play as well.

Gameplay wise, morality measures your good and bad deeds in a point system. The points are also another currency other than military grade bullets in the metro. By default, your morality increases in small increments slowly. Bad deeds such as killing someone will knock points off, because it is immoral. I would also like to add that military grade bullets are unbiased, they do not increase over time magically, and they do not decrease after killing someone. Bad deeds also affect short-term needs. Say you you need to eat in an hour, killing someone will knock off 15 minutes, so you need to eat in 45 minutes. Now, you have to consider two things when killing someone; can you take the morality points hit and will you have enough time to get something to eat? Having 15 minutes left to eat will virtually prohibit anyone from killing. If you do not eat within the required amount of time, you will become one of the beggars. When you are a beggar, you can no longer sprint and use any weapons. You can buy food with your morality points or whatever military grade bullets you have. If you have neither, you're going to have to wait for morality to build up. This is what is what is unique about this system. There is not a lot that can be given, even if there are no bullets involved. If you choose not to buy an item with bullets, there will be an exchange of morality. Which in some way relates to reality. Giving someone something for no money means you're gaining morality. Ripping off someone else without paying is like losing morality. 

jaik

So If I would go on a killing spree I would have to instantly eat?
Also, why force the player to waste time waiting for something to build up?
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Jazer

So If I would go on a killing spree I would have to instantly eat?
Also, why force the player to waste time waiting for something to build up?

It's not appropriate to go on a killing spree, not even in a faction war. It is a gamemode idea you know, so if you find that aspect to be jarring, it's just your problem. Elaborate on your second point. As far as I know, there will other things to do other than waiting on morality to build up, such as satisfying your regular short-term needs.

jaik

Quote from: HostelEffect on 16-10-2010
Elaborate on your second point.

I meant that, if you don't have any moral points, why would you want the player to just wait for them to build up?
Maybe make some sort of a mini game?

Jazer

Quote from: HostelEffect on 16-10-2010
Elaborate on your second point.

I meant that, if you don't have any moral points, why would you want the player to just wait for them to build up?
Maybe make some sort of a mini game?

There would be of coarse ways to gain morality points faster. I can't think of any good deeds though that a script would be able to identify at the moment. As far as I'm concerned though, there are bigger fish to fry that don't require you to wait on morality to build up, which I have already explained. There is also the alternative currency of military grade bullets.

Above all things that I am trying to work out, mutants is most difficult. At this point, we either have to find a skilled modeler who is capable of ripping at least two mutants out that are animated and have sounds. They would also have to be made into scripted NPCs that have low network overhead. If we could manage that, killing those would be a good deed that reward you with extra morality points. 

In fact, if we couldn't get character models and some mutants from the game, we would have to make a game with different character looks and get a scripted mutant or zombie NPC that could work.

mcjamesv

Uh hello there...kind of reviving an old thread but after doing a bit of research you guys are the only community to discuss it in depth. So the issue from what I understand is mutants, wouldn't it be just as simple to use Vorts for Dark Ones, and the various monstrosities of Half Life 2 for mutants? Sorry, but after playing the game and reading the book I felt that someone owes it to the RP community to at least attempt this :(

EDIT: As for models fitting the Metro style I found a video with some COD models that seem to fit close enough: Metro 2033 [Gmod 10]

As for a map, I am sure there is at least one winter oriented one with a substantial underground.

Silver Knight

There just is not enough content around nor maps to consider Metro2033 as a possible project.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Ravanger

Well I said this proably before but in my mind metro 2033 is a bit to simillar to Stalker rp in my mind in a way.

Blackflunk

Away with server 2, add Metro2033 RP.
Ladies, please.

jaik

Pawx

El Presidente

I foresee difficulties putting this all toghether if it does happen to take off the runway...

Turkey

Comradebritish

This will probably not happen, maybe far off in the future, right now I believe them peoples are concentrating on Fallout RP.
Suspiciously cheesy man sighted on east pier at 9pm.

Silver Knight

Quote from: El Presidente on 09-12-2010
I foresee difficulties putting this all toghether if it does happen to take off the runway...

Your profile is very much mysterious, what is your steam name may i ask? Ive wondered that for awhile.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Last.Exile on 09-12-2010

Your profile is very much mysterious, what is your steam name may i ask? Ive wondered that for awhile.

From his Forum Avatar I might say he's Alucard :o

jaik

Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 09-12-2010

Ugh, no.

His Sf name is El Presidente.

lolKieck

We got forum RP people. It can serve as a temporary.
Also, another "IT WON'T COME OUT LOL" thing here.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

DiskoStew

Metro 2033 is a pretty sick game, but like others have said it will be to much work to make a map and it is similar to Stalker RP.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 09-12-2010

Plunger isn't banned or anything so the odds of him creating another forum account for a community he no longer plays with seems unlikely.

Turkey

Quote from: DiskoStew on 10-12-2010
Metro 2033 is a pretty sick game, but like others have said it will be to much work to make a map and it is similar to Stalker RP.
Agree with this dude. Lets finish FRP and SRP before we jump into MRP

Pawx

Quote from: Turkey on 10-12-2010
Quote from: DiskoStew on 10-12-2010
Agree with this dude. Lets finish FRP and SRP before we jump into MRP

You do realize Exile isn't going to do MRP....Right?

Legit|Brandon

If there was ever going to be a Metro 2033 RP I would want lots of the content from the game especially the npcs they would make it fun for Fear RP.
For Freedom

DiskoStew

Quote from: Legit|Brandon on 10-12-2010
If there was ever going to be a Metro 2033 RP I would want lots of the content from the game especially the npcs they would make it fun for Fear RP.
That would be a good game mode. :)