Interesting Ideas

Started by TicoGX, 11-12-2012

TicoGX

I've decided there should be a place to post ideas because I don't know where else to put the stuff I've been thinking of. So here goes idea numero uno (number one).

While I was looking through the factions I noticed a few things...

1. They are all mostly inactive (completely unrelated to the idea).

2. They all have cool ideas behind them (also completely unrelated).

3. There aren't any non-violent guilds, and by that I obviously mean...

A MERCHANT FACTION!

By merchant I mean it's about trading and stuff. Perhaps you're a blacksmith, an alchemist, or just a plain old trader. Whoever you are, you need a place to buy materials or sell your goods, so you go to the headquarters of the Merchant Faction and you... well... buy stuff. This was just an interesting idea I had but since I'm not a very good leader I decided to let someone else handle it.

TicoGX

Also, you can all start calling me TicoGX (or Hephaestus) the Wise from now on.

SakikoMiley

Quote from: TicoGX on 11-12-2012
I've decided there should be a place to post ideas because I don't know where else to put the stuff I've been thinking of. So here goes idea numero uno (number one).

While I was looking through the factions I noticed a few things...

1. They are all mostly inactive (completely unrelated to the idea).

2. They all have cool ideas behind them (also completely unrelated).

3. There aren't any non-violent guilds, and by that I obviously mean...

A MERCHANT FACTION!

By merchant I mean it's about trading and stuff. Perhaps you're a blacksmith, an alchemist, or just a plain old trader. Whoever you are, you need a place to buy materials or sell your goods, so you go to the headquarters of the Merchant Faction and you... well... buy stuff. This was just an interesting idea I had but since I'm not a very good leader I decided to let someone else handle it.
As leader of the hopefully upcoming bandit faction...I SUPPORT THIS ENTIRELY! >:3

SakikoMiley

Quote from: TicoGX on 12-12-2012
What have I done...
You have;

1: Given my upcoming (hopefully) Faction a good source of income.
2: Opening up the chance of this becoming an event.
and 3: Likely produced the prospect of opposing factions for a faction war if it is decided on.

IMO, you did a good thing with that. A very good thing.

vatovie

With bandits to hire me to help them and merchants to hire me to protect them my guy is gonna start getting a ton of jobs.

SakikoMiley

Quote from: vatovie on 12-12-2012
With bandits to hire me to help them and merchants to hire me to protect them my guy is gonna start getting a ton of jobs.
Turn on me and I will shank you. :l
ANYWAY If you go to the factions bit at the top of the forum page, You could apply for my bandits to make it official. But add in if you're not planning on staying loyal, and keep that fact on the down-low in actual RP.

TicoGX

When I said what have I done I meant it in a despair-e-ish sort of way, like, "Oh god I've created a monster..."

But you prove a good point.

vatovie

Actually my guy is a merc you buy his loyalty and you keep it until the contract expires.

TicoGX

So there ARE mercenaries. *BOOM IDEA* Someone could put a bounty on someone else then people can kill said person and collect bounty!

There is a problem with this idea though, said person may not want to die, so they don't turn on PVP.

TicoGX

There should be a large gathering place that is easy to get to. You could trade or just meet up with others there.

I also had the idea of a bank where you can store stuff, but there are piggy banks and safes for that.

Maybe there should be a faction consisting of only moderators, it should be called the Elders of Caphori (or something like that) and they would be the rulers of Caphori making laws and whatnot. THEN WE COULD START A REBELLION!

War, I've heard this idea a few times in the short time I've been on this server and I must say that I rather like it. Someone even had a thing showing what the battlefield would look like. I believe it was something like this.

S                                           S
S G                                     G S

G=General
S=Soldier

That's probably enough ideas for now.

TicoGX

WRONG! Someone should schedule events, that would probably attract more people to play at that time. It should be announced about a week before so everyone has more time to learn of it's existence.

Possible Events Include...

CHRISTMAS PRESENT GIVEAWAY!!!

I don't know what you'd give but it'd probably be something Christmas related and hard to get. This could probably go with almost any holiday (And don't you dare say that is hard to read because that took me about one minute of total frustration to get it perfect).

SOME SORT OF HORRIBLY BLOODY WAR!!!

I know a lot of people have mentioned this before (including myself) but I just really like the idea.

JUST SOME RANDOM DAY WHEN EVERYONE IS SUPPOSED TO COME ON!!!

Honestly I ran out of ideas but I felt that there should be a third one for some reason. This would probably work though, if you told people to go on they probably would.

*Edit*
BOSS FIGHT!!!

This idea sort of explains itself... but on Christmas you could summon the Frost Legion. Yup yup.

SakikoMiley

Quote from: TicoGX on 12-12-2012
When I said what have I done I meant it in a despair-e-ish sort of way, like, "Oh god I've created a monster..."

But you prove a good point.
I know doggone well how you meant it. I just refused to except it that way. >:/
Bulleh. xD

Syndraell

Remember, it only becomes a faction if you have at least 5 people in the guild (not including yourself)

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

TicoGX

Caphori could definately use more people...

Syndraell

one of the worst factors is that people get on, and create something,,, a few weeks later, they leave.

The other worst factor, is someone logging in, and there's no people playing.
Remember, if you play, others will too.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

jaik

Quote from: James Almasy on 14-12-2012
one of the worst factors is that people get on, and create something,,, a few weeks later, they leave.

The other worst factor, is someone logging in, and there's no people playing.
Remember, if you play, others will too.

that's not a factor, it's called a fact.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

TicoGX

There should be more random RP things I've noticed a few of them scattered about like that fort in the snow. Would those count as my one building?

On a completely other topic, there should be two new factions, one derived from good and the other from evil.

Maxi96203

the only well made factions are the ones dominated by moral ambiguity
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

TicoGX

I don't even know what ambiguity means...

SakikoMiley

Quote from: TicoGX on 15-12-2012
Basically it means not giving a crap. Dont feel like getting a dictionary for an exact term but to be ambiguous is to not really have a solid opinion one way or another.

TicoGX

Oh, ok..... I still like my idea.

Maxi96203

Quote from: SakikoMiley on 16-12-2012
Basically it means not giving a crap. Dont feel like getting a dictionary for an exact term but to be ambiguous is to not really have a solid opinion one way or another.

that's apathy

ambiguity is, to quote google exactly:

QuoteNoun
Uncertainty or inexactness of meaning in language.
A lack of decisiveness or commitment resulting from a failure to make a choice between alternatives.

Having a general in front of a firing line is asinine, as they are high-value command targets, where as soldiers are expendable pawns to a game.

All of those things you suggested have no real backstory, such as Christmas in Terraria, or the Frost Legion, or the war.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

SakikoMiley

Quote from: Maxi96203 on 16-12-2012
Quote from: SakikoMiley on 16-12-2012

that's apathy

ambiguity is, to quote google exactly:

QuoteNoun
Uncertainty or inexactness of meaning in language.
A lack of decisiveness or commitment resulting from a failure to make a choice between alternatives.
And this is why my language professor hates me. That's for helping me get that right. ^_^;

Having a general in front of a firing line is asinine, as they are high-value command targets, where as soldiers are expendable pawns to a game.

All of those things you suggested have no real backstory, such as Christmas in Terraria, or the Frost Legion, or the war.

TicoGX

QuoteAll of those things you suggested have no real backstory, such as Christmas in Terraria, or the Frost Legion, or the war.

Does everything need to have a backstory?

*As Hephaestus hangs the final decoration a man opens his door. "Why hello there, welcome to my shop," says Hephaestus cheerfully, "How can I help you?" Just then Hephaestus notices the angry expression on the man's slightly bluish face. "Is something wrong?" he asks. "Oh of course not, in fact here's a present," says the man handing Hephaestus a small globe. "Well, thank you," says Hephaestus a little bit surprised. "Merry Christmas," says the man as he walks out the door. "Wait, what's your name?" shouts Hephaestus running to the door. "Hm, just call me... Jack Frost," says the man as he vanishes into the blizzard.

(In a completely different area) Santa Clause opens his eyes, "Wh-Where am I?" then he notices he can't move his arms, "What's going on?!" "Heheheheh, HAHAHAHA! You're in my dungeon Santa, are those shackles a bit too tight?" says a mysterious voice. "Who are you? What's going on?" shouts Santa into the darkness. "You could say we're having a bit of, Christmas fun," says the voice, "You see my frost spirits are ready to destroy the entire island of Caphori, all that's left is for that fool Hephaestus to active the snow globe." "Jack?! Why are you doing this?!" shouted Santa pulling against his chains. "Why? Why am I planning on destroying Caphori? Killing everyone? I'm doing it because, I can." Jack Frost burst into another fit of laughter, "Oh, heh heh, and don't worry about delivering Christmas presents, I already delivered them all, to the monsters!" "But your frost spirits can't interact with anything but snow and ice, they can't hurt, much less kill anyone!" shouted Santa, "Your plan will never work!" "Yes, they can't interact with anything but snow and ice, too bad they don't have bodies of their own, oh what to do, what to do... Oh wait, those hundreds of snowmen littering the landscape ought to do the trick! What do you think Santa?" But Santa was paying attention to something much, much worse. "Oh, I guess it's time then, isn't it? Toodle-oo!" said Jack, then silence.*

Happy now?