Interesting Ideas

Started by TicoGX, 11-12-2012

Maxi96203

Quote from: TicoGX on 16-12-2012
QuoteAll of those things you suggested have no real backstory, such as Christmas in Terraria, or the Frost Legion, or the war.

Does everything need to have a backstory?

*As Hephaestus hangs the final decoration a man opens his door. "Why hello there, welcome to my shop," says Hephaestus cheerfully, "How can I help you?" Just then Hephaestus notices the angry expression on the man's slightly bluish face. "Is something wrong?" he asks. "Oh of course not, in fact here's a present," says the man handing Hephaestus a small globe. "Well, thank you," says Hephaestus a little bit surprised. "Merry Christmas," says the man as he walks out the door. "Wait, what's your name?" shouts Hephaestus running to the door. "Hm, just call me... Jack Frost," says the man as he vanishes into the blizzard.

(In a completely different area) Santa Clause opens his eyes, "Wh-Where am I?" then he notices he can't move his arms, "What's going on?!" "Heheheheh, HAHAHAHA! You're in my dungeon Santa, are those shackles a bit too tight?" says a mysterious voice. "Who are you? What's going on?" shouts Santa into the darkness. "You could say we're having a bit of, Christmas fun," says the voice, "You see my frost spirits are ready to destroy the entire island of Caphori, all that's left is for that fool Hephaestus to active the snow globe." "Jack?! Why are you doing this?!" shouted Santa pulling against his chains. "Why? Why am I planning on destroying Caphori? Killing everyone? I'm doing it because, I can." Jack Frost burst into another fit of laughter, "Oh, heh heh, and don't worry about delivering Christmas presents, I already delivered them all, to the monsters!" "But your frost spirits can't interact with anything but snow and ice, they can't hurt, much less kill anyone!" shouted Santa, "Your plan will never work!" "Yes, they can't interact with anything but snow and ice, too bad they don't have bodies of their own, oh what to do, what to do... Oh wait, those hundreds of snowmen littering the landscape ought to do the trick! What do you think Santa?" But Santa was paying attention to something much, much worse. "Oh, I guess it's time then, isn't it? Toodle-oo!" said Jack, then silence.*

Happy now?

yes everything has to has a back story

you clearly don't understand event development
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

TicoGX

Quote from: Maxi96203 on 16-12-2012
QuoteAll of those things you suggested have no real backstory, such as Christmas in Terraria, or the Frost Legion, or the war.

*As Hephaestus hangs the final decoration a man opens his door. "Why hello there, welcome to my shop," says Hephaestus cheerfully, "How can I help you?" Just then Hephaestus notices the angry expression on the man's slightly bluish face. "Is something wrong?" he asks. "Oh of course not, in fact here's a present," says the man handing Hephaestus a small globe. "Well, thank you," says Hephaestus a little bit surprised. "Merry Christmas," says the man as he walks out the door. "Wait, what's your name?" shouts Hephaestus running to the door. "Hm, just call me... Jack Frost," says the man as he vanishes into the blizzard.

(In a completely different area) Santa Clause opens his eyes, "Wh-Where am I?" then he notices he can't move his arms, "What's going on?!" "Heheheheh, HAHAHAHA! You're in my dungeon Santa, are those shackles a bit too tight?" says a mysterious voice. "Who are you? What's going on?" shouts Santa into the darkness. "You could say we're having a bit of, Christmas fun," says the voice, "You see my frost spirits are ready to destroy the entire island of Caphori, all that's left is for that fool Hephaestus to active the snow globe." "Jack?! Why are you doing this?!" shouted Santa pulling against his chains. "Why? Why am I planning on destroying Caphori? Killing everyone? I'm doing it because, I can." Jack Frost burst into another fit of laughter, "Oh, heh heh, and don't worry about delivering Christmas presents, I already delivered them all, to the monsters!" "But your frost spirits can't interact with anything but snow and ice, they can't hurt, much less kill anyone!" shouted Santa, "Your plan will never work!" "Yes, they can't interact with anything but snow and ice, too bad they don't have bodies of their own, oh what to do, what to do... Oh wait, those hundreds of snowmen littering the landscape ought to do the trick! What do you think Santa?" But Santa was paying attention to something much, much worse. "Oh, I guess it's time then, isn't it? Toodle-oo!" said Jack, then silence.*

Happy now?

I don't like you.

jaik

Happy now?

I don't like you.

He's an Aceoner, you're supposed to fight him as a proud Terrarian you are. The victor of this long-lasting, gruesome and annihilating war will become the flagship of the HGN's supported servers.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

SakikoMiley

Quote from: Jake on 16-12-2012

Happy now?

I don't like you.

He's an Aceoner, you're supposed to fight him as a proud Terrarian you are. The victor of this long-lasting, gruesome and annihilating war will become the flagship of the HGN's supported servers.
Dont you start to troll this page too. Geez, children these days just dont know when to quit, huh?

Maxi96203

Quote from: SakikoMiley on 16-12-2012

Happy now?

I don't like you.

Dont you start to troll this page too. Geez, children these days just dont know when to quit, huh?

you're too fucking retarded to know the difference between sarcasm and trolling
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Knife_cz

Happy now?

I don't like you.

^
Terraria/Minecraft in shellnut.

CPftw

pffft

TicoGX

Quote from: knife_cz on 16-12-2012

Happy now?

I don't like you.

^

This quoting is getting out of hand!

Tom

Happy now?

I don't like you.

^

Quote pyramid awwwwwww yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Syndraell

This Aceon vs. Caphori shit needs to stop.

It's obvious that Aceon is better, mainly by development, size, and freedom.

The only thing that Terraria has is more monsters, items, and limited space.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

CPftw

Says quoting is getting out of hand. Quotes while doing so. Also saying what I had just said.
pffft

TicoGX

Quote from: James Almasy on 16-12-2012
This Aceon vs. Caphori shit needs to stop.

It's obvious that Aceon is better, mainly by development, size, and freedom.

The only thing that Terraria has is more monsters, items, and limited space.

:c

Also

Quote from: Tom on 16-12-2012

Happy now?

I don't like you.

^

Quote pyramid awwwwwww yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh.

Bladhflskdhfkhaso;igheakj

CPftw

Quote from: TicoGX on 17-12-2012
I'm a massive faggot
You certainly are Tico
pffft

Ragolution

vatovie

Would you people please stop the asinine argument of terraria vs. minecraft. There are no winners in this argument only losers who can't think of anything better to do than bother other people and make jokes in areas of the forum that are there for new ideas. Maybe if you stopped going here with the goal of pissing people off and taking pages off track then you could help us and we could help you. Honestly both sides need to be open to imput from the other and both sides need to ignore it when the other posts just to annoy people or make jokes. I used to not care but all of the discussions we try to have about what we should should do next keep getting off topic and both sides are to blame so all of you stop it with the stupid pointless rivalry.

CPftw

Aceon players have given advice and tips, if they were used or not is unknown to me.
Only James has given any advice to us, it was mainly for an old map due to him being unaware of the new map policy that is normally run, it was still helpful though.
So Vatovie please what can Aceon do to improve that has not already been suggested?
pffft

vatovie

You have to realize that what I said was that if we stop this rivalry we might be able to help each other I was not saying I had any ideas.
However I do have one thing to say. I think Aceon would be a more noob friendly place if the spawn was a neutral town.

Ragolution

Quote from: vatovie on 17-12-2012
You have to realize that what I said was that if we stop this rivalry we might be able to help each other I was not saying I had any ideas.
However I do have one thing to say. I think Aceon would be a more noob friendly place if the spawn was a neutral town.

What is this communism?

We don't "Help Each Other"

That's fancy words for "Welfare"

We don't have a "Spawn Town"

That's fancy words for "Public Housing"

Why don't you people understand that communism doesn't work? That socialism doesn't work? You're what's wrong with Caphori. You demand everyone be coddled and cooed until they're defunct and can't function without some kind of program that tells them how to RP and where to RP and when to RP.

Aceon doesn't work like that. We compete. We struggle. We grow. And that's what's wrong with Caphori.
You're stagnant, like a former Soviet Socialist state. You're dead.

And now you're trying to kill the glory of Aceon, too.

Drop the communism. Come to the Aceonic side.

Get on the capitalism boat you ugly scrub, before I beat you to death with an oar.

[spoiler]Realistically, me and James have a pretty affluent relationship where we discuss the two servers.

Honestly, you guys do everything we do and we do everything you do. It's not that we're stealing ideas from eachother, the admin teams just have a pretty similar chain of thought. We share ideas and opinions and tinker with policy. At the end of the day we compare our results.

I think Aceon would be a more noob friendly place if the spawn was a neutral town.

Tried that, didn't work. Person who ruled the town went mad with power.

[/spoiler]

vatovie

I understand that we do help each other but I think if we stop the stupid trolling and joking then we can help each other a lot more than we are now.

Ragolution

I understand that we do help each other but I think if we stop the stupid trolling and joking then we can help each other a lot more than we are now.

Fuck you you stupid calfori asshole

[spoiler] I prefer this. [/spoiler]

TicoGX

Why do people hate me...?

CPftw

The trolling and insulting is the traditional method Aceon players use to communicate with inferior peoples, that way we can get a laugh whilst helping you. We don't hate any of you, we just don't respect you, get it?
pffft

TicoGX

Oh I see, so what is this secret helpful message you are trying to tell me?

CPftw

Quote from: TicoGX on 17-12-2012
this secret helpful message
You are far too easily trolled and sarcasm doesn't work very well through text.
pffft

TicoGX

Quote from: CPftw on 17-12-2012
You are far too easily trolled and sarcasm doesn't work very well through text.

*nods* Good to know