Huge Player List

Started by Dungeon_Lord, 24-09-2011

Dungeon_Lord

I'm new here and notice that the roster is really fricking big and its non of my business, but are that many people actually playing or are those just people who signed up and maybe got on the server once or twice then never again.
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.

Ragolution

My playerlist is bigger.

HitMan5523

I'm on the list and I don't play. Don't know why. I think it just doesn't interest me :P
I'm hip! What are you talking about!

Dungeon_Lord

Quote from: HitMan5523 on 24-09-2011
I'm on the list and I don't play. Don't know why. I think it just doesn't interest me :P

Why are you on the list if it doesn't interest you.

HitMan5523

I could want to join some friends at one time. That's why I'm still on the list.
I'm hip! What are you talking about!

Dungeon_Lord

Steven :D

Its for people who have been accepted and may ask for the password at any time. If you lose interest then regain interest you'll still be able to have access to the server.

Dungeon_Lord

I guess that makes sense, but other then that I'm not sure what else you could do to make the list cleaner, shorter, and less..... huge.

Dungeon_Lord

Also I've noticed a bunch of complaints that people are making on not get accepted and things like "How long does this take!?". I don't really care since I've waited months to be accepted into a guild/server and its not like I don't have anything better to do.

Velspera

Sometimes we're quick about approving apps.  Sometimes it takes a little longer due to RL responsibilities that come first. 

Also, they're a huge trend of people:

a) Being accepted, but not checking their original post or the roster before complaining that they haven't been processed yet

b) Being accepted, but complaining that they haven't received the password when on nearly every page there's a comment saying that they have to actually PM an admin to get it

b) NOT being accepted, but not following through with what was requested of them in their original post and PMing the admin that processed their application to let them know that they DID alter their application as requested.

For people who AREN'T in all of those categories, they need to reapply.  Especially those whose applications were in the middle of a group that WAS processed but never received a note telling them why they weren't accepted.

On the opposite sides, admins need to make sure people know why they aren't accepted instead of just leaving their name out and not commenting on their application as to why.  Doesn't matter if their feelings are hurt.  At least they know what's going on.
:D OMG HI.

Caphori Characters: Vaillaro and Ilanna

Velspera

Quote from: Dungeon_Lord on 25-09-2011
Also I've noticed a bunch of complaints that people are making on not get accepted and things like "How long does this take!?". I don't really care since I've waited months to be accepted into a guild/server and its not like I don't have anything better to do.

The list doesn't need to be cleaned up.  It's not an 'active players' list.  It's a character roster and mainly a tool for admins to use in order to keep track of people who are supposed to have access to the server, whether they applied months ago or two days ago.

Something like what you're proposing would be entirely different and takes too much time to keep track of. 

Dungeon_Lord

Now that its been explained it helps my understanding of its huge size. Also, if I was denied or not excepted, which looking through the application thread it does seem to be that way and as you said about getting a reason for not being excepted. I would like the admin or moderator that denied me access to at least pm me the or a reason, but if its something like "I don't like you" or "Well I think you're blah blah blah and you're trying to grief us again" then I will most likely respond like an ass. So please don't give a ridiculous reason like those.

Dungeon_Lord

Another thing I've gotten flaq on when I've gotten on other server and things is that many people complain about me always complaining on issues of cleansliness and so on. That is only because I'm OCD and don't worry that if your house is uneven that I will tear it down or make it even. I do have some control over it. Though it leads me to complain or try to clean things that may be relevant or irrelevant. So please don't hate me for this, though by all means be annoyed or pissed off since that is understandable.

Velspera

Quote from: Dungeon_Lord on 08-10-2011
Now that its been explained it helps my understanding of its huge size. Also, if I was denied or not excepted, which looking through the application thread it does seem to be that way and as you said about getting a reason for not being excepted. I would like the admin or moderator that denied me access to at least pm me the or a reason, but if its something like "I don't like you" or "Well I think you're blah blah blah and you're trying to grief us again" then I will most likely respond like an ass. So please don't give a ridiculous reason like those.

Then check it again.  Yes, you were denied and the exact reason was posted at the bottom of your application when it was processed several weeks ago.

Dungeon_Lord

Ok. I see missed it before. I guess I'll have to give him a name for now. Theres a reason for no name, but I can give him something since it seems needed.

Dungeon_Lord

So this is also something I saw which may or may not be true. A lot of topics and things that have been started seem like they could be moved to an already made topic page or could just be deleted do to not being relevant or not getting used anymore. I also think that for things like grief topics they should just be put under a topic known as "Grief" enless there was a specific reason to not have it in that topic. Just an idea.  :)

Dungeon_Lord

Is it just me or has no one posted anything on Caphori page for a while....

Velspera

I think it's just you.

Dungeon_Lord

Just felt like everyone just took a break from posting on topics and such