Gold Key Shop

Started by CAMaera, 28-10-2012

CAMaera

Here's an idea I thought of while deciding to (kinda) farm the Dungeon while No-Build is on.

Now everyone knows that the Dungeon quickly runs out of resources in the form of (locked)Gold chests and Water Bolt spellbooks. The only two things it never runs out of are Bones and Gold Keys.

Idea 1:
So, if people are running into the Dungeon to get loot that isn't there, but get something else instead, something that could get you that loot in the Dungeon if there were chests, why don't we have some kind of a shop where you could exchange your Gold Keys for the loot only found in the locked Gold Chests? We would have different prices, of course; One gold key redeemable for Water Bolt, two for Aqua Scepter, etc, etc.

Idea 2:
I don't know if the Admins/mods COULD do this, but a room filled with Gold Chests where you can pick which one you want to open would be really cool.

I think the former idea would be the smartest, as it allows for moderation of what someone gets. A bunch of people with a Muramasa could quickly turn into a bunch of people with a Night's Edge.

We could also, then, with the second idea, make a Shadow Chest shop too. But then again, that would need to be moderated a lot.

Discuss.

Syndraell

Personally, i had the idea of removing a lot of "Unique Weapons".

Instead of finding them, I'd rather have people compete in an Arena for special weapons/items.
That, or the treasure dungeon game i had in mind.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

SakikoMiley

Quote from: James Almasy on 28-10-2012

Instead of finding them, I'd rather have people compete in an Arena for special weapons/items.
I like both ideas, but when I went hunting for bones in the dungeon, I got 11 gold keys off of slimes and flying skulls. I know this may be necroposting, but I like these ideas and think they might want to be brought back to the surface. Just an opinion, feel free to reject it.

CAMaera

Quote from: SakikoMiley on 08-12-2012

I like both ideas, but when I went hunting for bones in the dungeon, I got 11 gold keys off of slimes and flying skulls. I know this may be necroposting, but I like these ideas and think they might want to be brought back to the surface. Just an opinion, feel free to reject it.

It is necroposting, but this is...at least semi-important in my mind.

I like both too, that's why my new idea would be a little of both. An arena that uses Gold Keys as admission. Better items=more Gold Keys=Higher difficulty. And make it all IC. I think it could work.

SakikoMiley

Quote from: max0596 on 08-12-2012

I like both too, that's why my new idea would be a little of both. An arena that uses Gold Keys as admission. Better items=more Gold Keys=Higher difficulty. And make it all IC. I think it could work.
So like, making an arena area that you get TP'd to that spawns monsters? I know I cant do much as to making it, but I would love to hear ideas and throw around a few of my own, if you dont mind. ^_^;

TicoGX

Maybe you have to go through the arena to enter the shop, and the amount of "waves" you survive is the level of chest you get, or something along those lines.

TicoGX

Is there some sort of boss thing? If not there should be because I'd like to get a Nightmare Pickaxe.

CAMaera

Quote from: max0596 on 08-12-2012

So like, making an arena area that you get TP'd to that spawns monsters? I know I cant do much as to making it, but I would love to hear ideas and throw around a few of my own, if you dont mind. ^_^;
Miley, NEVER INPUT Seriously, input all the time. I love it. Omnomnomnom.
Quote from: TicoGX on 09-12-2012
Maybe you have to go through the arena to enter the shop, and the amount of "waves" you survive is the level of chest you get, or something along those lines.
To both of you, we could go with that idea, but we could also go with a PvP solution. So, defeating an actual person(probably a mod). I think it would make it harder and more fulfilling or stuff. No matter how many lolzombies you make, they can't kill you. Unless James gives you a penalty. Then...yeah.
Quote from: TicoGX on 09-12-2012
Is there some sort of boss thing? If not there should be because I'd like to get a Nightmare Pickaxe.
What would you do with a Nightmare Pick? I got one, and I use it for absolutely nothing. Like, seriously. It's useless. UNLESS YOU'RE GOING FOR HELL TIER, AND THAT WOULD MAKE ME SAD.

SakikoMiley

What would you do with a Nightmare Pick? I got one, and I use it for absolutely nothing. Like, seriously. It's useless. UNLESS YOU'RE GOING FOR HELL TIER, AND THAT WOULD MAKE ME SAD.

In all honesty, that idea scares the fuf outta me. You and I have PvP'd a few times, and even WITHOUT your laser rifle you beat the tar out of me due to my HP. I like the idea of waes with different debuffs. Maybe you're on fire and have to hurry up, or cursed within every few seconds. Stuff like that sounds better to me than another "ERMERGERD GRASS BLADE IN MER FERCE!" ......just saying. =3=

TicoGX

Actually I just don't like ebonstone, it mocks me...

vatovie

Honestly I think a roleplay fight would be more fair and that may mean we have to come up with rules for roleplay fights.

CPftw

Use the same rules as Aceon do for RP fights
pffft

TicoGX

Where will we get the PEOPLE to fight in it? The most people I've ever seen on at once was 3 so far.

CAMaera

Quote from: SakikoMiley on 10-12-2012

In all honesty, that idea scares the fuf outta me. You and I have PvP'd a few times, and even WITHOUT your laser rifle you beat the tar out of me due to my HP. I like the idea of waes with different debuffs. Maybe you're on fire and have to hurry up, or cursed within every few seconds. Stuff like that sounds better to me than another "ERMERGERD GRASS BLADE IN MER FERCE!" ......just saying. =3=
Laser Rifle? XD I don't own one of those. Maybe it was my Water Bolt, or Starfury. IDK. I barely used my Space Gun against you, also. :3 And my HP isn't even maxed, haha! Debuffs sounds fun. But then again, if you had to stand in a 10 block wide area and fight without leaving that area, that would be tough too. There's a lot of different things we could do.
Quote from: vatovie on 10-12-2012
Honestly I think a roleplay fight would be more fair and that may mean we have to come up with rules for roleplay fights.
I guess that could work, too. I don't know much about what rules, but godmodding and bunying would be in there as do not's.
Quote from: TicoGX on 11-12-2012
Where will we get the PEOPLE to fight in it? The most people I've ever seen on at once was 3 so far.
If you build it, they will come.

TicoGX

1. A ten 15 block wide arena surrounded by a moat of lava! Then you use the wire blocks for bridges and when the fight begins someone turns them off so they can't escape until it's over!

2. Team matches would be cool too, but you'd probably need a bigger arena. Then again if you put a lot of people into a small space it would be pretty entertaining.

3. You could also have an arena put a few people in it, then spawn a boss, or FOUR (goblin army, eye thingy, giant worm, and slime king). Unless you can't spawn more than one at a time.

4. Maybe a race? I don't know.

CAMaera

1. A ten 15 block wide arena surrounded by a moat of lava! Then you use the wire blocks for bridges and when the fight begins someone turns them off so they can't escape until it's over!

2. Team matches would be cool too, but you'd probably need a bigger arena. Then again if you put a lot of people into a small space it would be pretty entertaining.

3. You could also have an arena put a few people in it, then spawn a boss, or FOUR (goblin army, eye thingy, giant worm, and slime king). Unless you can't spawn more than one at a time.

4. Maybe a race? I don't know.
All of these are pretty good ideas. Even the race. And yes, you can spawn multiple bosses at once. I dunno, I'll have to think about what I want to do, there's a lot of stuff planned, and there's a lot of stuff I want to do.

TicoGX

I can't believe I didn't think of this before...

5. Faction Wars.

'nuff said.

*Edit* I was wrong that was not enough because I decided what they should fight over. Sure money, items, and fame are some obvious possibilities, but what about land? Maybe Each Faction chooses a biome, builds a base in it, then they fight other factions to keep it. It'd probably have to be organized but that's not really a problem. Maybe they'd set up defenses too. I don't know about players not in factions, whether or not they'd live there too, well that can be decided later. I think I'm gonna go have some animal crackers now.

*Edit* They were actually pretzels.

CAMaera

I can't believe I didn't think of this before...

5. Faction Wars.

'nuff said.
This has been contributed multiple times. We're working on it. Faction wars are cool. We know. X3

Syndraell

We need more Lords, Knights, Bandits, and Peasants.

(Still trying to work on the Titles system, seeing as my desktop can't run Terraria+Tshock Server at the same time, so it's kinda hard for me to actually test things out.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.