GMod now comes with PHX?

Started by Steven :D, 15-12-2010

Steven :D

QuoteFirst of all, last month while I was on holiday it was GMod's 4th Birthday! Well, kind of. It was 4 years ago since it was released on Steam. Thanks to Emanuel for the picture!

This patch is kind of a big deal, here's the changes:

Added PHX content pack
    Changed default loading screen
    sv_client_predict now defaults to 1
    Ragdolls now copy skin, blood colour, material
    No longer crashes when modelprecache is full (instead refuses to load new models)
    Disabled scriptenforcer when playing demos
    Fixed 'out of edicts' error – won't create new entities if we're near the limit
    Servers can now define a loading screen for people joining their server (sv_loadingurl)

[Lua] Fixed not being able to turn off player shadows
    [Lua] Added GAMEMODE:CalcViewModelView hook
    [Lua] Added ViewModel:ViewModelIndex()
    [Lua] Lua entities can override regular entities (when named the same)
    [Lua] Added Entity:StopParticleEmission()
    [Lua] Added Entity::CreateParticleEffect( strName, iAttachmentType, tabControlPoints )
    [Lua] Fixed bug in render.RenderView which meant that after enabling ortho mode you couldn't turn it off again
    [Lua] Added GAMEMODE:PlayerCanPickupItem

[TTT] Added first person ragdoll cam.
    [TTT] Added ability for Traitors to hang corpses on walls with the Magneto-stick.
    [TTT] Added Glock automatic pistol.
    [TTT] Added "X is innocent" radio command.
    [TTT] Added "Call detective" button to corpses.
    [TTT] Added debug messages to TTT entities for mappers (set "developer 2″).
    [TTT] Added check that forces sv_alltalk off if it's on.
    [TTT] Changed gun ironsight positions to be lower (disable in settings).
    [TTT] Fixed flaregun scorch marks often not showing up.
    [TTT] Fixed thrown explosive barrel kills sometimes being attributed to victim instead of thrower.
    [TTT] Fixed Fretta map-only vote restarting while in progress.
    [TTT] Fixed ttt_damageowner not working well for certain physics-based traps.

The biggest change being the addition of PHX's content pack. This includes props, materials, thruster models, wheel models and button models. I don't want to ruin the fun of exploring these things, so I won't say much more about them. Thanks to PhoeniX-Storms and his team for allowing us to add this content!
Source: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1038165-GMod-Update-110-tonight?p=26709808#post26709808

Bielecki

Thats pretty damn cool.

Locke

Awesome, I love PHX.

DiskoStew