Connection problems.

Started by crusader :D, 13-03-2013

crusader :D

With every server I've joined, I seem to encounter this problem. After about a minute or two, the game loses connection to the server and I get a message that pops up, 'lost connection.'

I have found no solution as of yet, and am looking for some help.

Khorn

Check your ports and firewalls. Make sure the right ports are open and firewalls let it through.

I messed around with my ports and firewalls but I still cannot remain on any server for over a minute. This is really disappointing because I thought my game would work this go-around, so if anybody has anything to contribute with that may help.. please just go ahead.

Khorn

Could be IP related, I had a strange issue where I couldn't connect to certain server, like HGN SRP server 1, but I could connect to Server 2.
Are all game servers like this? Just Terraria servers? Just HGN's?

Or you could have shitty internet.

It's just Terraria.

Syndraell

what is the address you're using?

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

What do you mean address? My IP, or the server's?

Syndraell

server address.

Even i got it wrong a few times.

I don't think you understand my issue. When I join, it lets me in, but only for about a minute or two. Then it just boots me off.

Syndraell

yeh. then it's an internet problem.

how fast is your connection speed?
Because even i get kicked off every 20 minutes or so, and that's because mine drifts in between 5.5MBps and 11MBps

It's 20MBps.

Syndraell

shit. 20mbps and it's still kicking you?

I'll look around for some answers.

Khorn

Here is a quick question, how long is your character's name?

I hear a long name can cause issues, but this is probably a shot in the dark.

Well, my character's name is Harold Armbruster, so that's 16 letters including the space.

Besides, I've made a couple of test characters with the names asdf and other random combinations and it didn't work on any server.

Steven :D

thats not alot of megabits... could be that the server needs a restart too though.

Like I said, it's not just your server. This problem occurs with every single server I try to play on.

Khorn

Just Terraria though, right?

Best I can say is just try removing it fully from your computer and reinstall it.

Frostee

Have you tried restarting your modem?

Syndraell

Quote from: Khorn on 18-03-2013
Just Terraria though, right?

Best I can say is just try removing it fully from your computer and reinstall it.

this might be the best option for now. I've been searching for an answer, so far i've got nothing.
Still gonna keep looking.

Re-installing didn't help.

Syndraell

did you add an exception in your firewall for terraria.exe? could be that your protection is booting you off.
Also, what antivirus/antimalware are you using, it may be kicking you to prevent outside access?

Khorn

Can you try it on another computer by any chance?

I have my Window's firewall disabled; I'm using Norton Security Suite. I don't have any other computers capable of running any type of game, so..

Khorn

Not a single laptop or a parent's/friend's you can borrow? Terraria isn't that big.

My laptop can't run Minecraft, so I don't think it can run Terraria.