Character Class Restrictions

Started by Kamimaia, 08-08-2011

Kamimaia

Classes will have their own proficiencies, in ADDITION to Alignment/Race. I plan to have them far more specific in weapon types, but allow access to higher-tier stuff.

The_Hitchenator

please add assassin to the class list
"Death is yet another journey unto life, but when caused by a Wandering Shadow, grants freedom to the target"
This is the creed upon which ALL Wandering Shadows members life by, once a target has been destroyed, they must say the rites to free the soul of their fallen enemy.

Kamimaia

Ninja is quite equal to assassin. The only difference is the name.

Felonious

I've been trying to think of a way to respond to this, positively for the most part. I can see a few foreseeable issues, those being creative and whatnot, taking into perspective that players may choose to be something outside of the confines given them creatively. Outside of this single flaw (which is adjustable) I rather like the idea, it brings more order to the chaos we have going now. Once everyone becomes jungle armored, rocket-booting, Blade-o-grass swinging, thorn chakram launching, clones, we have an issue.

I find this a feasible, and reasonable solution to keep people from going overboard to be the highest of the high. (I'm fond of the alignment system too, this all reminds me of Pen and Papers a wee bit, and to a good reason!)
We are not extinct. We simply have the element of surprise.

UknowMe

Quote from: Kamimaia on 11-08-2011
Ninja is quite equal to assassin. The only difference is the name.

Ninja sounds a bit too toonish, to be honest. Make it rouge or assassin.

Kamimaia

Thief would be rogue.

idk, the name 'Ninja' sounds more appealing to those who like naruto or the like.

Perhaps a secondary name can be attached to specific Alignment/class combos.

Fyropyro

I wan be a hidden leaf ninja >.> could actually have an idea how to go about  roleplaying that way XD
Caphori name: Shisho ( Im back! )

Souless Dark

I don't really like Naruto... I just like Ninjas.

I don't think the Naruto world intersects with Caphori, so I'm not sure if playing as a "Hidden Leaf" Ninja would be possible, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Fyropyro

Lol I can easily adapt the rp to caphori XD I don't have to say hidden leaf, but I can be a Green Ninja with jungle ties. XD Also, magic could be reworded as chakra and such. . Rp is flexible enough for it to fly id say.
Caphori name: Shisho ( Im back! )

Blacklegend

My only problem with this is the fact that even if you get a class and everything is awesome you still have the problem of you have to stick to that classes items, which for a lot of classes aren't very good. So lets say you are alchemist or miner and you need to go get fire blossoms or some obsidian or hellstone well you're screwed enless you get like 2 guides or a really op guide or you happen to get lucky and get some of the supplies before you get your brains blown out. Now if you did get guards then everything would be hunky dory, but a lot of people don't have that option do to public hate in or out of character and the fact that a lot of people don't have the time to guide or don't want to use their time to guide. If you sort out this whole problem then I'm totally fine with this since it sounds really awesome.

Kamimaia

Just an update: The Class Proposition is ALMOST complete. The only thing that remains is to factor in what classes and races gain from Alignments (You don't get everything that an alignment governs), and fine-tune the whole thing. It'll likely be done by the time the Poll resolves.

Blacklegend

Ok and ninjas make sense since they are technically medieval.

Kamimaia

Check the poll and re-vote, and check the first post. Its been edited.

Lord_Blair

Ok... I'm thinking why don't Knights get bows. You see them using them ALL the time in any game/movie that has a main hero. When his enemy is at far range or running away, he pulls out his bow, snipes them down, and then cuts the wounded down like a boss.

Kamimaia

Possible issue- multiclassing with Chemist, for reasons of 'all potions'.

Plunger

Chemist & Knight with allignment bonuses of Muramasa and Shadermail
Perfect for an adventurer class.

Noidness

I think mages should get some types of armour, because a couple are dedicated to magic. Like the jungle armour is completely magic, and it wouldn't make sense to not use that.

[email protected]

eh the idea is great but i dont know...

Lord_Blair

My cutomized class
Journeyman:

• Harpoon
  • Silver Armor and below
  • Iron Bows and below
  • Wooden Boomerang
  • Spear
  • Iron tools, weapons, and below.
  • Shuriken
  • Grappling Hook
  • Aglet
  • -Black/Corruption-
    Light's Bane (Journeyman)
    Shadow Armor (Journeyman)
    Thorns Potion (Journeyman)
    Unholy Arrows (Journeyman)

-Green/Jungle:-
    Blowpipe (Journeyman)
    Thorn Chakrum (Journeyman)
    Ivy Whip (Journeyman)
    Thorns Potion (Journeyman)

-Blue/Ocean:-
    Trident (Journeyman)
    Muramasa (Journeyman)
    Flipper (Journeyman)
    Gills Potion (Journeyman)
    Gold Armor (Journeyman)

-Gray/Machine:-
    Spiky Ball (Journeyman)
    Grenade (Journeyman)
    Musket (Journeyman)
    Diving Helmet (Journeyman)
    Musket Ball (Journeyman)

-Purple/Skyfire:-
    Meteor Hamaxe (Journeyman)
    Flintlock Pistol (Journeyman)
    Obsidian Skull  (Journeyman)
    Meteor Armor (Journeyman)
    Musket Ball (Journeyman)

-Red/Hell:-
    Molten Hamaxe (Journeyman)
    Flamarang (Journeyman)
    Molten Armor (Journeyman)
    Hellfire Arrows (Journeyman)

-White/Light:-
    Silver Armor (Journeyman)
    Silver Broadsword (Journeyman)
    Silver Bow (Journeyman)
    Jester's Arrow (Journeyman)
    Shine Potion (Journeyman)

-Yellow/Balance:-
    All Gold Equipment (Journeyman)
    Enchanted Boomerang (Journeyman)
    Anklet of the Wind (Journeyman)

Kamimaia

Possible multialignment rule options:

one alignment fully, plus an item (besides Night's Edge or Star Cannon) from a different alignment that's class-related

one alignment fully, plus any item (besides Night's Edge or Star Cannon) that's not class-related

Two items from any two alignments (or from any four, or three, etc) (four total), class-related or not class-related

Thoughts?

Lord_Blair

Who thinks that the one item bonus should override all restrictions. Just reply to the saying +1 or for no, do -1.

Noidness

Kamimaia

Plunger

Lord_Blair