Caphori Major Character Races

Started by Velspera, 16-08-2011

Souless Dark

Quote from: Velspera on 17-08-2011
:3  I think that's a great idea, Souless. 

We also want to keep in mind that Caphori doesn't just have to be summed up with the history of this map alone.  Who knows what other maps may be opened in the near/far future.  Caphori can easily become a world rather than just a continent.

Well, it could be the the continent acts as a sort of portal to other worlds (like a hole or weak point between the worlds) , so when other servers are opened up that could be the explanation. More than one Cursed Continent in the same world would turn it more into a gimmicky thing. "Ehh, I've already been to that Cursed Land. Not much to do there. Lets go to the other one, you know, the one with the giant flaming cat eating a Burritos!"

Edit: This could also explain why the world was getting so many natural disasters, you know, besides saying that the gods did it. The world could be intercepting the woes of other worlds, therefore becoming cursed, either explanation would work.

Noidness

Well, not all cursed regions, but really diverse. One wilderness server for resources, the main one, a corrupted one, a jungle one?
I'm also questioning the meaning of "soon."

Souless Dark

Quote from: Noidness on 17-08-2011
Well, not all cursed regions, but really diverse. One wilderness server for resources, the main one, a corrupted one, a jungle one?

Velspera

Edited main post to include the BG I wrote up for the Tariel.  This CAN be modified a little as needed depending on what else we come up with.
:D OMG HI.

Caphori Characters: Vaillaro and Ilanna

Blacklegend

My idea of what Caphori is.

A land that was once part of the mainland, but after years had become infested with corruption and monsters so was split off by some powerful force like a high one, master wizard, or king of some sort. Later in years it was forgotten and explorers found it and founded it as caphori. Now people live there for the hidden treasures, resources, and space not knowing of its origins which doesn't matter as much do to new found weapons and magic, which easily kill monsters.

Who knows maybe in the beginning slimes were horrible monsters that couldn't be defeated because regular swords back then had no effect on them, But now they are small fry to our new power. People in the old days may have thought that a demon was some unholy lord which actually its just a simple henchman.

Lord_Blair

Quote from: Blacklegend on 18-08-2011
My idea of what Caphori is.

A land that was once part of the mainland, but after years had become infested with corruption and monsters so was split off by some powerful force like a high one, master wizard, or king of some sort. Later in years it was forgotten and explorers found it and founded it as caphori. Now people live there for the hidden treasures, resources, and space not knowing of its origins which doesn't matter as much do to new found weapons and magic, which easily kill monsters.

Who knows maybe in the beginning slimes were horrible monsters that couldn't be defeated because regular swords back then had no effect on them, But now they are small fry to our new power. People in the old days may have thought that a demon was some unholy lord which actually its just a simple henchman.
We could probably have a "Return of the King" Event. ((LOTR. ITS EVERYWHERE. )) But first, we need to actually be able to pull off events. I hope Order of the Avox goes well.

Cpt.Gingerbeard

Quote from: Kamimaia on 17-08-2011
I got an all-encompassing backstory for you lot.

Considering that everyone, for one reason or another, is actually *stranded* from the mainlaind. Maybe Caphori is just some sort of Australia, where unwanted individuals are sent by boat?

Given how much corruption we have and how many creatures wanna eat us and how many blood moons there are and how many meteors strike us (a bunch, and fairly often), its entirely possible that the widespread belief is that the island itself is cursed- criminals, mental cases and orphans, as well as anyone screwed over by the nobility is sent here to simply die.

How's THAT work?
would explain why cap was there- that and why almost everybody has a -mysterious back story-

Lord_Blair

Added ghosts. They come after dieing as a hardcore player. They can't be seen, and they can noclip through blocks. If you want to RP one, think again, EXTREMELY boring. If you want to waste a second character on this, be my guest.

Velspera

Quote from: Lord_Blair on 19-08-2011
Added ghosts. They come after dieing as a hardcore player. They can't be seen, and they can noclip through blocks. If you want to RP one, think again, EXTREMELY boring. If you want to waste a second character on this, be my guest.

If they have limited interaction and can't be seen I'm not sure why it should be on the list in the first place.  Unless someone wants to write up a background behind how ghosts have anything to do with Caphori and whatnot, and unless anyone has shown interest in playing one, it should probably be removed.

Plunger

I actuall imagine it like this.

An ancient civilization, human, used to live in the lands, and forged all the items you use today, and locked the most dangerous of them inside the dungeon, and cursed one of their own to guard it, and make sure it didn't fall into the wrong hands, eventually though the civilization was wiped out by the corruption, and eventually the land overtook the old kingdom, the reasons there are so many houses in hell.

Velspera

Quote from: Plunger on 22-08-2011

An ancient civilization, human, used to live in the lands, and forged all the items you use today, and locked the most dangerous of them inside the dungeon, and cursed one of their own to guard it, and make sure it didn't fall into the wrong hands, eventually though the civilization was wiped out by the corruption, and eventually the land overtook the old kingdom, the reasons there are so many houses in hell.

That sounds pretty neat, actually!

Rondotrix

you need to update this server and remove or say the password!
do it I need I want to play :P

Dungeon_Lord

Personally I think alignments for races is stupid... because there can be plenty of demonic people who aren't evil... I mean seriously... a race can't really have an alignment. A army or faction can though... Also can we put Demonic race in there.

Ok also I have mental issues so if I don't remember something important don't fucking get on my case about it... I've had a lot of that this week (On Minecraft...) So ya... when I say mental I don't mean retarded just different in a social way and stress causes me to act off.
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.

redhawk39

Quote from: Plunger on 22-08-2011

I also agree that this is an interesting idea, reminds me of Golden Sun Dark Dawn (world is shifted and messed up) and the Wheel of Time Series (due to the coruption of the male half of magic, male mages go crazy  :o  and rip the land apart reforming it), also Lost Years of Merlin good choice

bastidon

n00b in the conversation.
Anyway I'd love to help with the dwarf race. All the ideas sound amazing! But back to my point I seriously LOVE the dwarfish race/sub race . Here's my idea:
Genric dwarf: A regular dwarfish citizen like a merchant or servant.
Noble dwarf: High class dwarf, proven in their respecting strengths. e.g a warrior who has proven him self in battle and the arena time after time would be considered a warrior prince (this part will need more elaborating)
Slum dwarf: A dwarf in the lowest of classes, ether incredibly poor or a criminal who was shunned by the upper levels of their dwarfish cities.
Outcast dwarf: A dwarf who was shamed in battle forced to leave the homelands to go to a harsh sea with nothing (My guy is a ex prince and was forced to become this sub race and he found caphori)         
I'm not an asshole, I just play one on TV.

Put me in coach I'm ready.

Dungeon_Lord

But wouldn't those be sub sub dwarfs because sub dwarves would be like different races not different social standings.

bastidon

That's a good point but each of the social classes would have specific class perks such as The slum dwarfs would be good assassins like with throwing knifes and small items where as the high class dwarfs would be better in RP with swords. 

bastidon

Ok i fixed It to meet the definition of sub race:
Norther dwarf: A cold region of the world making the people rugged and stronger (rp skill larger health and fist strength)
Industrial dwarf: A folk with a merry sense of invention. (rp skill like trinkets and mechanical weapons such as guns and grenades)
Southern dwarf: A people good with the craft. (rp skill smithing and forging) (this shows the passive roll play option)
under ground dwarf: A old race filled with the best that the dwarfs have to offer. (Swords and axes would be their rp skill also because of the lack of sun their souls would be slightly tainted meaning immune to demons and their powers)

Dungeon_Lord

A great improvement if I do say so myself.