Caphori Faction System

Started by Velspera, 09-11-2011

Velspera

*Caphori Faction System*
During my time here in Caphori, I've noticed a severe lack of interest in the way that factions are handled.  People seem to like the IDEA of factions, but most that are created are either too small to gain steam or die after a while due to lack of participation.  So, I've decided to overhaul the way that factions are run and integrate it with the Class Proposition (which I will be overhauling soon as well)

Here's how things will work:

In Caphori, there will be two types of factions that work with one another: A Major Faction and a Minor Faction.  These two faction types will be paired together.  So, all in all, there will be space for EIGHT factions altogether. 

Major FactionsA major faction acts much like a government.  By default, new members of the server are automatically part of the Caphorian Monarchy, which is run by whatever leader is currently acting as ruler.  Every major faction will have defined territory in which their ruler can decide what things are built and where they are built.  So, why declare yourself as a member of a member faction?  Because you can't gain access to a MINOR faction unless you are part of their overruling MAJOR faction AND both faction types offer benefits.

Minor factions can be run by one to two people and must have at LEAST five members to qualify.  The leader decides which benefits they want to offer, is allowed to organize major events, and is allowed to declare war against other factions (all of which must be approved by an admin).

Faction territory will be separated into different zones across the map as expressed in this highly detailed diagram.

|| Ocean || Zone 1 || Neutral Zone || Zone 2 || Neutral Zone || Zone 3 || Neutral Zone || Caphorian Monarchy || Ocean ||

Major Faction Benefits
Being part of a major faction gives you loyalty benefits after a short period of time.  As long as you are a part of that faction you continue to keep that loyalty benefit.  Each faction has a different type of benefit.  For instance, being part of Faction A may give you access to a specific piece of equipment that is not part of any alignment OR class systems, or gives you a certain amount of gold each week.

Faction alignments can also enhance benefits as they stack.  So, if you were once a member of Faction A and your faction aligns itself with Faction B, you automatically gain the loyalty benefits from both Faction A and B so long as they remain allies.

But be careful.  Your leader may also implement NEGATIVE attributes, like restricting a specific weapon type.  All of this must be taken in to account when creating a major faction.

Declaring War
Any Major faction leader may declare war against another faction as long as they have approval by both an admin and the faction they are declaring war against OOC.  A battle can then be scheduled at a time that both factions agree upon to play out the ensuing PVP battle.  Please be advised that you must take into account whether your faction members will be able to attend as well, or it may be hard for you to win the battle.

Anyone who is not part of either faction but still wishes to take part in the battle may join as an NPC warrior for either side, but NOT allowed to use accessories and must fight with ONLY the following equipment: Silver Broadsword, Silver Bow, Wooden Arrows, Boomerang, Throwing Knives, Spiky Balls, Silver Armor.

Minor Factions
Minor factions are a segment of major factions.  Each major faction has space for a minor faction.  Members of a major faction do NOT have to join the minor faction associated with them.  A minor faction can have only one leader and must have a minimum of three members to be active and each PLAYER counts as one member, not each CHARACTER.  Faction leaders are able to create a Jobs which give job bonuses to those who are training in that job.  Job bonuses only apply as long as that person is part of that minor faction unless they have mastered that specific job.  Then, they carry the bonus with them indefinitely.  Their are four levels of proficiencies for any one job and bonuses increase for each level and are determined by the minor faction leader.

Level 1: Beginner - Must train at least one day to be considered a beginner and take on the bonuses for this level.
Level 2: Intermediate - Must train at least two weeks to be considered intermediate and take on the bonuses for this level.
Level 3: Proficient - Must train at least one month to be considered proficient and take on the bonuses for this level.
Level 4: Master - Must train at least two months to be considered a master and take on the bonuses for this level.  Bonuses may be kept at this rank.

Jobs and bonuses must be approved by an admin, as with the bonuses for the major factions.  Their building rights are linked to the major faction that rules over them.  So, they must alert their major faction leader if they wish to build anything for their minor faction, who must in turn ask for permission from an admin.  Minor faction headquarters MUST be located within the major faction headquarters.

GuildsGuilds are a lower group type than minor factions.  Anyone may start a guild and it must have at least three members to be active.  Guilds may organize small events as long as they are approved by an admin.  Guilds may not create bonuses, but do have the authority to create quests.  Guilds may create small headquarters known as guild houses which may only be twice as large as a normal house. 

---------------

Comment on this as you see fit. :)
:D OMG HI.

Caphori Characters: Vaillaro and Ilanna

Syndraell

Time for me to throw in my 2 coins as Head of the Merchant guild. (AKA The Society.)

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Dungeon_Lord

Be a good merchant guildmaster plz.
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.

Syndraell

Quote from: Dungeon_Lord on 10-11-2011
Be a good merchant guildmaster plz.

Fair prices? We got it.

Might want to get a place to put a warehouse out of the way to store items.
Barrels of dirt, stone, yadda yadda yadda...

And we need a merchant npc so i can figure out how to properly price things.

vatovie

assassins guild/gladiators  are up and we would like to be a major guild.

Syndraell

Quote from: vatovie on 15-11-2011
assassins guild/gladiators  are up and we would like to be a major guild.

Hopefully there's betting on gladiators.

vatovie

vatovie

can the assassins guild have faction area four.

mwang

I am making a templar guild it is loyal to the castle.

Velspera

Quote from: vatovie on 16-11-2011
can the assassins guild have faction area four.

No.  A guild is not a faction.  Read the main post again.
:D OMG HI.

Caphori Characters: Vaillaro and Ilanna

Dungeon_Lord

Hint: Make warehouses underground to conserve space. Also when I say good I mean fair prices, people who are online, and don't make stupid rules for people just because you're there now.
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.

vatovie

the assasssins guild is the name of our faction and can we have area three.

RoyRoger05

Wolfie

Once again, kinda a necropost, but I'm assuming this is the RULES, not just a suggestion/guide? I'm really outta date and confuzzled.
I'm Wolfie, snd this is my sig... Uummm... FUUURR TEEHH EEMMPUUHRER!

===== FRP charcaters =====

Guan- Your favorite Chinese scavenger, has a obsession with rumors of the Shi, as well as combat knives.

Tiberius- The annoying gear-lover.

JRParadox

Quote from: Wolfie on 29-03-2012
Once again, kinda a necropost, but I'm assuming this is the RULES, not just a suggestion/guide? I'm really outta date and confuzzled.
All applies I believe other than the zones, however there is no need to follow this to the line

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Terraria Super Operator
JRP > What are you?
Rag > Your freind
JRP > For real?
Rag > This is so serious you don't understand.