Caphori Art!

Started by Velspera, 21-07-2011

Velspera

Quote from: Steven :D on 02-08-2011
You should take the time and put all the pictures on the OP, complete with possible character bios etc.

lmao, I'm such a doof, I didn't even think about just editing them into the OP. XD  I'll do that!
:D OMG HI.

Caphori Characters: Vaillaro and Ilanna

Silver Knight

You are very good at drawing anime. Im impressed.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Cpt.Gingerbeard

spent a while doing this one...Blood sweat and tears went into this

Captain Gingerbeard in all his beard like glory

[email protected]

hehehe wheres the gold?

Ragolution

I'd like your artwork more, Velspera, if you did quite a bit more shading and tones.

Velspera

Quote from: Ragolution on 08-08-2011
I'd like your artwork more, Velspera, if you did quite a bit more shading and tones.

I didn't do any shading on these pieces because it was just quick work.  Mostly to get the ideas out.  You can find a lot of my finished work on my deviantart page.

:P Also, so sorry I haven't been active in a week or so now, guys!  I'm in SC and we have NO internet service out here in the swamps. Barely any phone service, too! -sobs-

I miss the server so much~

Velspera

Quote from: Cpt.Gingerbeard on 08-08-2011

spent a while doing this one...Blood sweat and tears went into this

Captain Gingerbeard in all his beard like glory

This is glorious.  I <3 Gingerbeard~

Felonious

Ah Gingerbeard. The detail and emotion that you have managed to fill into your piece is beyond some of the greater and more famous pieces of art in... well... all of history. Few will ever surpass your creation.

In reply to missing the server, I believe it's down. .-. Unfortunately the update has temporarily wounded it.
We are not extinct. We simply have the element of surprise.

Ragolution

Quote from: Velspera on 10-08-2011

I didn't do any shading on these pieces because it was just quick work.  Mostly to get the ideas out.  You can find a lot of my finished work on my deviantart page.

I meant all of your artwork.

I did, in fact, look at your DevianArt and was referencing the very thing.
It's pretty obvious this are unfinished, but your 'finished' works really lack tones... shadows and other details.

Steven :D

I am considering posting on the official Terraria forums with an advert for our roleplaying server. I'm asking you talented artists if you can make us a 500x200 Banner for this, if we are to post on the forums, with your permission of course.

Kamimaia

Banners? Adverts? I'm on it.

Just something to show what our small community is capable of, and such.

Velspera

Quote from: Ragolution on 10-08-2011

It's pretty obvious this are unfinished, but your 'finished' works really lack tones... shadows and other details.

Looking through it, I definitely can see where you're coming from.  Especially with my marker work, I think. :P  It can be a little intimidating to try to add shadows to work in marker because it's just so...permanent.  It makes me just want to hide in a case of oil paints.  XD

At any rate, thanks for the suggestion.  I'll see if I can work on it a little more in the future.

PwnyXpress

Now I want to hop back on Terraria.

Ragolution

Looking through it, I definitely can see where you're coming from.  Especially with my marker work, I think. :P  It can be a little intimidating to try to add shadows to work in marker because it's just so...permanent.  It makes me just want to hide in a case of oil paints.  XD

At any rate, thanks for the suggestion.  I'll see if I can work on it a little more in the future.

You've gained my respect for not flying off the handle.
Deviantartists tend to take a one-way handle to Ye Olde Jupiter.

+1

Kamimaia

Naaaaaah, that's what *I'M* here for.  ;D

Ragolution

Quote from: Kamimaia on 10-08-2011

Naaaaaah, that's what *I'M* here for.  ;D

And thus you will never be on my List of Excellent People.

Velspera

+1

XD Thank you.  And yeah, a lot of deviantartists also don't have actual trainining and only know criticism from comments.  :/  They think that negative criticism won't come if they don't choose the 'critique' option when they submit artwork and don't realize that negative criticism isn't always 'negative'. 

:P I'm not going to lie:  I DO love to hear when people like my work, as does every artist.  But, I do look forward to critiques as well.  I know I'm nowhere near perfect and if it helps me improve then I'm all for it!

Still possibly waiting for a banner.

Kamimaia

I plan on getting those done today (and yes, there'll be more than one). Keep in mind I'm usually the one on the server, keeping an eye on things- and still have the Class Prop to finish.

Lord_Blair

Quote from: Kamimaia on 13-08-2011
I plan on getting those done today (and yes, there'll be more than one). Keep in mind I'm usually the one on the server, keeping an eye on things- and still have the Class Prop to finish.
Jeez I can't take one vacation? I'll be back tonight.

Kamimaia

I hope you don't mind if I use some of these images in the advert, Velspera as they are exceptionally good in my opinion.

It would be pretty cool if someone could make a userbar image for people's signatures as well featuring Caphori of course. 350x19/20 like this example would be pretty sweet to have.

Advert posted: http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/hypergaming-network-caphori-medieval-roleplay-24-7-32-slots-no-hamachi.52099/

Kamimaia

I can do the userbar, not a problem. Do it at the same time that I make the transparent version of the first image. Would have done it last night, but screaming children REALLLLY screw me over. X_x

Kamimaia

I think it'd work best if clicking it was a link to the boards.

Is there something specific it should say? Also, tried to make that first one (with the dragon-chains) transparent, but it ended up becoming... well, lets just say I might as well have bought the worst scanner-turned-typewriter in history, slathered it in peanut butter and tried to scan my foot.